Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Unveiling and Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First drive video has been uploaded. Love the design! So glad I reserved in store this morning, hopefully got infront of some online orders. They talk more about details in this video also :

Moderator note
Had to remove Facebook media link as it was causing page load issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it! Interesting with the centre screen with no instrument cluster. But they said that they are looking at the future of cars when they are autonomous and you wouldn't need an instrument cluster. The landscape screen would be great to share multimedia with the front seat passenger. It totally looks like a Porsche mix Ferrari front end. But I can't wait till more details are released.

Tesla have done good.
Supercharging and autopilot included.
Design is nice, but not sure about front bumper and bonnet/hood design.
Front lights are nice.
The inside looks like a step down from the outside... What is with that steering wheel?
Looking forward to some car reviewers getting their hands on the model 3.
On a whole tesla have well. 2 thumbs up

Elon said all cars come with autopilot "hardware" included. That leaves open a good hit for the software... So it may cost to activate it.

He also said they will all be supercharger compatible. But that leaves open the possibility that you may have to pay as you use them....

I noticed of the three cars they brought out, 2 had door handles that look like a tick, but the other looked like the Model S door handle.

Also, the inside driver's dashboard is not clear... I am guessing that is a detail to work out in Part 2. As there is not much room for it, will it be a Heads Up Display?? Just guessing here.

I am also guessing that the roof won't open... I base that on two factors (neither of which is conclusive of course). 1. None they brought out had its roof opened. 2. The roof is more like the Model X with the sweeping window... And of course Model X roof can't open given their doors... & Model 3 needs to save on costs somewhere so I guess the roof looks neat enough but is fixed... For now anyway...

Oh yeah, and I believe as Model X goes, the factory started to make the seats in-house, and so they are the sleek sexy stylish seats unlike the bulky next gen seats of the Model S. Well the M 3 seats look like the M X seats... Which in my opinion look better. But being so slim, I wonder if it compromises on comfort...

I don't mind if I am able to pay for autopilot or supercharging post sale as it reduces the amount of stamp duty that you pay, and for purely psychological reasons it may be nice to reduce a bit of the upfront sticker shock.

Elon said all cars come with autopilot "hardware" included. That leaves open a good hit for the software... So it may cost to activate it.

He also said they will all be supercharger compatible. But that leaves open the possibility that you may have to pay as you use them....

I watched it again.

Supercharging is standard on all models.
Autopilot safety features are standard, but the other autopilot features you have to purchase.

Some more first drive videos. There is an option for the front roof to open and it seems will also be metal or fixed glass. Seems like too many options to last long. Not sure about the portrait screen allowing no dash I guess it is just to be reveal latter. lots could still change like the model X. Hopefully gen 2 autopilot comes to s and X latter this year or early next and they can start production asap. Looks like employees will get a lot of the early cars so they won't need to worry about rework for these as much.

Can anyone access the reservation page. It is diverting to First Responders | Tesla Motors for me now. ;-(

Edit: tried one more time and it worked just after this post. I guess they must be getting lots of reservations!!!

The Teslamotors website is designed to display first responder information if it ever goes down. I think the site is under extreme pressure as Europe wakes up and want to have their first view of Model 3. I think Model 3 will sell very well in Europe, may even out sell the USA.