Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Unveiling and Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has confirmed the reservation deposit required for Model 3 will be AU$1,500 (link). The reservation payment will be fully refundable if you decide to cancel your reservation.

There are two ways to reserve your Model 3. The first is to visit your local Tesla Store when it opens on the unveil date, and will allow you to get a better spot in the queue. The second method is to make a reservation online via the Tesla website when the live unveil starts.

When production for Model 3 beings in late 2017, deliveries will be first made in North America, starting on the West Coast, moving east. As Tesla continues to ramp up production, deliveries to the APAC region will begin.

The live stream will commence Friday, 1 April 2016 at 1:30 PM AEST.

I'll definitely be placing a reservation deposit!

According to my calculations, it starts at 8:30pm PT which is 2:30pm AEDST. Am I wrong?

Yes that is the time of the Launch in Hawthorn, but according to Gizmag, you will be able to go into a Tesla store on the 'day of the launch' which makes Australia the first place in the world you can place an order.
I'm a bit sceptical, most likely you will not be able to order from a Tesla store here until the Morning of April 1 and the first store openings will happen in California. However if the rumour is true, you may see crazed fans flying to Sydney and Melbourne just to be first.
Now where did I put my tent. ;-)

You should be able to order in store as soon as the stores open in Oz on April 1. Of course you'll be about 6 hours behind the store openings in various other places, but still better than waiting for the event. We'll be lining up at our local store in SoCal.

upload_2016-3-22_13-52-28.png
According to Heath Walker, It looks like Australia will be the first to reserve Model 3!

From an email from SC Richmond, in part: "regarding the Model 3 the individual has to be instore at the time of the reservation, as for how many you can pre order that is still yet to be confirmed"

However, it's worth making a call tomorrow for a second opinion.