Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3P-D 0-60 prediction?

Model 3 Performance AWD 0-60 Prediction (Tesla advertised) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless Tesla chooses to be honest and say that the 3 will always be slower than the S for reasons of pure PROFIT, it'll be hard for them to explain why a car 1000 pounds lighter isn't as fast in 0-60 or 1/4 mile. It'll be obvious that they are holding it back to get you to buy a more profitable car.

The Model 3 P75D Ludicrous should be smoking M5's, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches left and right.

If and I say IF the Model 3 had the same identical battery pack of the Model S then I would say ....... yes.....you are correct: Problem - it doesn't. The battery pack is smaller and there are fewer cells. Soo with that said.....I don't believe 0-60 is going to go sub 3.

The current track record for the Model 3 0-60 time is 4.6, I pray that I'm totally wrong because that's the car I'm waiting for, however I can't see Performance knocking off 1.5 seconds.

Yeah track time of 4.66 for a car with advertised 5.1 sec. How much different are P/D versions of the 85kWh battery relative to the non-P/D versions of that car?

85 5.4 sec
85D 4.2 sec
P85D 3.2 sec (2.2 sec less than plain 85kWh version)

Shave 2.2 sec from 5.1 of Model 3 LR? 2.9 sec.... a best case scenario.

Again, anything in the low 3's and I'll be happy as pig in poop.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I don't agree with your premise as the Model S is compared to what?

Are you saying that Tesla/Elon cares about the 0-60 times of another car.......so he limits the 0-60 time of Tesla to match? Have you heard of the Model S P100D?

The Model S is built as a no-compromise vehicle with as much power and as much performance as can be mustered, with virtually no cost consideration.

That is not the case for the Model 3. It's not a niche halo car, it's meant to be mainstream. Therefore it must be competitive and profitable in its class.

If I'm wrong, then all the better for us.

If and I say IF the Model 3 had the same identical battery pack of the Model S then I would say ....... yes.....you are correct: Problem - it doesn't. The battery pack is smaller and there are fewer cells. Soo with that said.....I don't believe 0-60 is going to go sub 3.

The current track record for the Model 3 0-60 time is 4.6, I pray that I'm totally wrong because that's the car I'm waiting for, however I can't see Performance knocking off 1.5 seconds.

Losing 1000 lbs is eeual to about gaining 100hp in drag racing.

Also the cells in the model 3 are more advance.

Losing 1000 lbs is eeual to about gaining 100hp in drag racing.

Also the cells in the model 3 are more advance.

Sure the cells are more advanced, however the power levels stated are the power levels stated a 75Kwh battery is a 75Kwh battery...no matter if its the Model S version or the Model 3 version.

All that means is that the Model 3 is using fewer cells than the Model S to equal the same amount of power. Now....the motors. Are the motors in the model 3 the same as the model S.....or are they smaller?

Reactions: GatorGuy
Sure the cells are more advanced, however the power levels stated are the power levels stated a 75Kwh battery is a 75Kwh battery...no matter if its the Model S version or the Model 3 version.

All that means is that the Model 3 is using fewer cells than the Model S to equal the same amount of power. Now....the motors. Are the motors in the model 3 the same as the model S.....or are they smaller?

I am not really electrically incline.... Do model 3 batteries have a higher discharge rate? Will that not increase power if the setup the P motor for the higher C rate?

Yeah track time of 4.66 for a car with advertised 5.1 sec. How much different are P/D versions of the 85kWh battery relative to the non-P/D versions of that car?

85 5.4 sec
85D 4.2 sec
P85D 3.2 sec (2.2 sec less than plain 85kWh version)

Shave 2.2 sec from 5.1 of Model 3 LR? 2.9 sec.... a best case scenario.

Again, anything in the low 3's and I'll be happy as pig in poop.

How was the 85 0-60 in 5.4 sec while the New Inventory 75 Tesla has on their site listed at 4.3 sec? (Just 0.1 sec slower than the 75D)

Inventory Search | Tesla

Revealed as 2.9 seconds zero to sixty, the car will later be capable of 2.4 seconds zero to sixty with uncorking.... but only after model s and x are announced with a battery upgrade to 2170 cells later this year.

$118k for the AWD P85D 280 mile range.

• Funny
Reactions: FlyNavy01
This really should not in anyway involve the Model S. Totally different larger car. But not much nicer in terms of fit, finish, materials tech or features than the Model 3. That is really the greater concern that Tesla should worry about cannibalizing sales. Other car companies add more luxury and features for increased price, Tesla just has a bigger car with a big battery that is strangely fast. Sit in any $150k BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche and you will see what I mean. I came from a comp package M5. 600hp, very fast. The only reason I do not miss it is that my Model S is faster and uses no gas. The interior, lighting and much of the tech was ahead back in 2014. The Model S should be the leader in automotive tech, the Model 3 should be the new leader in performance. Give me an “affordable” sub 3 sec daily driver!!:D

So some of you believe that a Tesla Model 3 with Ludicrous will only be slightly faster than a BMW M3?

What happened to the ICE smack down? There's zero physical reason that couldn't make it well under 3 seconds.

I'm hoping the AWD version is in BMW M3 territory and the Performance version is nearly P100D quick without the overheating issues due to the new motor design. Besides the first Model X versions which are no longer made, "Ludicrous" was always < 3 seconds.

Reactions: CaliBear1
So some of you believe that a Tesla Model 3 with Ludicrous will only be slightly faster than a BMW M3?

What happened to the ICE smack down? There's zero physical reason that couldn't make it well under 3 seconds.

I'm hoping the AWD version is in BMW M3 territory and the Performance version is nearly P100D quick without the overheating issues due to the new motor design. Besides the first Model X versions which are no longer made, "Ludicrous" was always < 3 seconds.
The ICE "smackdown" was for the next gen roadster. I have no problem with the Model 3 always being slightly slower than its Model S big sister.

Dan

I’d be pleasantly surprised if it were in the 2.6-2.9 range, but as indicated above 2.5 is probably the lower bound for now. P100D needs a raison d’etre at its price point.

Reactions: jcadman22

A base Model 3LR is already faster where it matters than a 2018 BMW M3, in real world passing ability. AWD will probably improve on that, and a Performance option will improve on that.