Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2023 VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking in to see if anyone received a 2023 Model S vin yet? 2022 vins are NFxxx, 2023 vins should be PFxxx.

My order ED just moved from Nov 30 - Dec 30 to Nov 3 - Nov 23. And a text prompt for me to complete all the required steps for delivery. So that means a vin is imminent.

Last year the 2022 Model S vins dropped about 2 weeks (11/17) after the model Y (11/3). From my understanding this year the 2023 Model Y dropped about a week ago.

I’m curious about this too. I have another model s coming that’s slated for 12/1-12/31 and should be an early 2023.

Last year I got assigned a vin on 11/18 and it was a 2021 but many people at that time were getting 2022 models. I think it’s Going to be very close for you. If you live close to CA chances are better.

Please keep us posted when you get assigned a vin.

You are the first person to report one if so. Any config details? If you login to Tesla.com does it show 2023 on the dashboard? They tried to assign me a VIN a couple weeks ago, it was a 2022 NF4940xx. I put my order on hold. 500 cars later and they were on 2023s apparently. ;)
well this one is going to EU and is red/Blk LR but that is mean that they started the 23 manufactured 10/15

Reactions: aerodyne and Takaa
received on the 20th pf4945XX
Wow nice I didn't expect 2023 vins until Monday. This is great news as it'll give me some leverage to get a PF vin. Today they informed me my car just finished production it's heading to the dealer.

You are the first person to report one if so. Any config details? If you login to Tesla.com does it show 2023 on the dashboard? They tried to assign me a VIN a couple weeks ago, it was a 2022 NF4940xx. I put my order on hold. 500 cars later and they were on 2023s apparently. ;)
Interesting, my vin was assigned this week and it's a NF496xxx. So looks like they are sending early 2023 vins to EU and concurrently still making 2022 vins for the US.

Interesting, my vin was assigned this week and it's a NF496xxx. So looks like they are sending early 2023 vins to EU and concurrently still making 2022 vins for the US.

If you do plan to go ahead with the delivery it would be interesting to know if your sales advisor can tell you the 'birthdate' (manufacturing date) of the car.

dont think they making 22&23 at the same time they just decide to send to eu from 23 and to dump all 22 leftovers in US i almost sure that what ever has been manufuctured after 10/15 it is 23
Yes, it wouldn't make much sense to do this if any tooling changes were required for the 2023 models (TBD) like they were for 3/Y. To add on, VIN numbers aren't purely sequential. They seem to take out "blocks" allocated to certain locales/configurations. So, my comment that it was about "500 after my VIN" is just pure speculation because of this. If what he says is accurate, receiving a 496xxx as a 2022 VIN, they very well could have, for example, taken out a block of 1000 VINs 494501-495500 to be assigned to 2023 EU models before even producing them to be assigned to EU orders, which we know take much longer to plan the shipping/delivery logistics for. Then they needed additional VINs for 2022 models that were still being produced, and took block 495501 - 496500.

Only Tesla really knows, we can only try to make sense of the madness we observe. It would be interesting to know, if you can ask your SA, if your 2023 car will have the ultrasonics (USS) or not.

Last edited:
This is purely for appraisal, if needed, down the road. I. E. 2023 Vs. 2022 production year.
Tesla does not update vehicles in line with a particular year so what they offer today is the most updated vehicle possible.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Anyone have any update on 2023 VIN? Mine model s has a delivery date of 12/14-12/31. Jumping into my first Tesla and assumed it would be a 2023 but more research I do I found Tesla doesn’t produce their cars like normal when it comes to the years.