TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S 75 VIN coded as a Model S 70 - Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Yangpei, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Yangpei

Yangpei New Member

We are close to taking delivery for my wife's custom order Model S 75 later this week. When setting up the auto insurance, I entered the VIN on GEICO's website to add my vehicle. The VIN number lists our vehicle as a Model S 70 (as opposed to a 75). The year / make / model fields are pre-populated, and cannot be changed. I'm not sure if this is significant / important or not. Just wondering if anyone else had similar experience.

I will prolly place a call to my Tesla delivery consultant in the morning :)

2. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

Geico has my Software Limited S60 (now upgraded to an S75) listed as an S70, so I wouldn't worry about it.

3. JasJ

JasJ Member

AMICA has my 2017 MS as a 70D... I spoke to them and they said as long as the correct VIN is in their system, the car is fully covered. They also said the rating for all non-P MS was the same.

4. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Yeah my 60D comes up as a 70D as well (only at the insurance company).

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

AMICA also coded my 75 as a 70. Go figure.

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

The VIN hasn't included battery pack size information in a long time, so Geico is just using an out-of-date VIN decoding tool.

• Informative x 1
  7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Right, old lowest common denominator was my first thought also. All they asked me was what did it cost and year (I didn't even both explaining there really is no such thing, except the VIN does say so, sigh...).

8. tpham07

tpham07 Member

same issue here. Insurance told me as long as VIN matches, doesn't matter.