Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am too torn between the 75D and the 90D. The 75D is more than sufficient for my daily commute and day to day needs with its 259 miles "EPA" range. And the best part is that it fits my budget like a glove. But every now and then we visit family which ends up being about 160 miles round trip and there are no destination nor superchargers on the entire route.

While Tesla/EPA states 259 miles range on full charge on the 75D, I think we can all agree that the EPA numbers with any vehicle are like this unicorn that no one ever sees. So my question is this:

1) What is the real world range on the 75D if I do mostly highway driving at around 75mph? Moreover...
2) I am more concerned about this 160-ish mile trip during peak winters here in Michigan. So lets say the scenario is 20 degrees F, 75-80mph average speed on the highway, 80% highway route, and internal heat set to 69 degrees to keep wife and baby toasty.

In the above scenario what is the real world range that I can expect? This is very important for me since there is no charging option midway and I'd hate to go with 75D to save money and then always have to be concerned over my winter driving trip to family.

Thank you very much in advance for your advice, thoughts.
I have a 75D and never get range anxiety in normal daily usage, but on road trips there is the extra inconvenience of making those one or two additional charging stops depending on the length of said trip...if I had to do long trips all the time I woulda got a 100D, but fortunately I don't.