Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's it. The world did not end today and the baby arrived. 26 months gestation period!

My delivery went relatively smoothly although it took quite long. They had a lot of paperwork Glitches in Montreal and Licensing issues which caused appointments to be delayed and delivery to take long. I started with the walk-through (while they were sorting out their paperwork glitches) and then handed over my check, winter tires on, a couple of pictures and drove out. The link below is of me driving out of the showroom. It was dark by the time I got done and raining quite a bit. Slush all around! Oh well. So much for a clean car but I quickly forgot about that as I drove in total quiet. There are a lot of great things about the car but the smooth silky ride is really something. I drove a CL550 with active air suspension until 2011 and thought that was the smoothest ride possible but this takes it even up a notch.

Already gave quite a few rides to people. They all love it. A couple of software glitches with the Navigation and strangely enough I got a TIRE PRESSURE LOW error message that popped up (and is still up) about 2 Km after leaving. I called the techs and they think it is because the car still is likely programed for the summer pressures which are higher than the winter tires and so it is reporting an error. Unlike my roadster where i can change that setting myself, apparently only Tesla can reset that threshold. They said they would deal with it tomorrow so I am happy.

That's about it for now. I think I will sleep well tonight. good luck to all those that are getting delivery soon. You won't be disappointed.

First day Model S Delivery in Montreal - Exiting showroom - YouTube (Sorry for the shaky short video with lack of focus. It was dark, raining, and my wife was handling my iPhone :) )

@ElectricFarmBoy :
Anyways, it's probably too late to ask, but could you; would you; have happened to have a quick look for VIN 2093, Red, grey wheels ??? No email response to confirm if mine arrived from Hans, who is obviously and clearly very busy.

Sorry -- didn't get this until now. So I don't know. My VIN was 2073, so you're exactly 20 later. There were alot of cars in their lot in Vancouver, and while we were there 3 more arrived. Odds are very good. And yes, Hans is being run ragged but seemed to enjoy me referring to him as the "famous" Hans. Lastly, they have very limited infrastructure here in Vancouver at this point -- the office is barely usable yet, but despite that they seem to be really cranking the deliveries...

- - - Updated - - -

As @Znino has said "that's it". The pre-Model-S portion of life is now over. Got the car today at 4 in Vancouver. Sun was even shining (for about 5 minutes). I had a bit of commotion because I wanted to use my own insurance broker and they had never dealt with a situation where the car is being bought right from a manufacturer instead of a dealer. But after about 6 phone calls and two emails with photos of paperwork (Tesla Vancouver lacks a fax machine at this point) we got through it all.

The Vancouver Tesla service center is in a very old building that's gonna need a bit of love before its worthy of the Tesla name. There's basically one room that is fixed up, the rest is quite run down and when my wife came out of the washroom she saw a mouse scurry on by. It will be interesting to see how the place evolves with time. I actually never met any Vancouver based Tesla person yet either -- there were fine folks from Houston and Seattle and Toronto that were dealing with things.

Even though I've done a test drive before, plus an extended drive in San Francisco when my son got his factory tour, I was still amazed by all the options and power of the interface. Wow. As a computing guy having done some work with usability, I have to say the designers at Tesla have outdone themselves. It took us probably an hour to go through all the options, and I think my retention will be short of 100%, but I can tell this car is going to a very fun to operate. I already love the audio options, and my older son, whose a bit of an audio-snob, really really liked the sound. Aside: Our first song was Billy Ocean's "Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car", followed by Glee's take on "Greased Lightning".

As has happened to others, about 2KM after leaving the tire sensor warning came up, and I've also had the windshield washer warning too. Such is the fun of early adoption, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The car itself is, as many have said, a dream to drive and I'm looking forward to using it greatly. I am going to have to use the cruise control (which I found a bit odd to turn on but did figure out -- one other thing is that the increments for slowing and speeding up seem a bit large, but maybe that's a usage issue) -- because I found myself at 130km/hr on the freeway a couple of times without realizing it. You have no audio indication at all that you're screaming along -- when the SDK comes out maybe I'll build an app that has my wife's sweet voice reminding me to slow down every time I'm above some threshold speed...

The auto-present of the door handles is spectacular. And you never really turn the thing on or off, which is a bit disconcerting but will be wonderful once I'm used to it. It just works. Wow.

On the way home we stopped to pick up our Odyssey (yes, I'm working on my wife to get an X eventually) that we'd left near transit and, yes, it needed gas. So we drove both vehicles to the nearest Chevron, and I parked the S by a pump while my wife pulled up to another. I went over to hers to fill it up for her, and hadn't realized I'd parked at the full serve spot. So my boys had to explain to the confused attendent that the car needed no gas. And then another guy pulled up and said to them "What kind of car is that" to which they answered "Tesla". "I've never heard of it" Boys: "Yes, its 100% electric". Dude: "That's F***ing Insane!!!" and he pulled away impressed. Conclusion: those with young children may need to have them covering their ears while out on drives.

Still working on figuring out many things -- like if the screen should be on or not while its charging, and how the locking really works, etc. but overall, it is fantastic.

Thanks Elon and the cast of many many many Tesla-ites for building such a great company and vehicle. You have created the future, and I like it.

@ PatP

Patrick Brulotte ici. Je demeurais dans la partie nord-est de Cap-Rouge. Étienne-Dumetz. Je pense que tu était plus au sud près de chez Martin Gagnon. J'étais ami avec Martin G, Benoit Cliche,...

En tout les cas, j'ai vu ta voiture sur la charge hier matin. Very cool. I finalized my car Thursday for an April delivery so I will let winter pass and get it in time for the summer tire season. that thought will keep away the jalousy for a while :)

Do you have more info on your drive back to Qc City.

State of charge at start
Sylvain mentioned 260 km total drive
I assume temp was at 0C, internal temp at 24C
110-120 km/h
recharge in TR
17km at arrival?

Seems like a no compromise drive but the calculator tool on the TM website is estimating more like 320km of autonomy under those conditions. kind of worried as I intend to make the ride from time to time with the 60Kwh battery

@ElectricFarmBoy
Congratulations on your new Model S ! .. and thanks for the update.

When I got to the Vancouver service center, I received the training in car with VIN 2095 which looked exactly like my configuration, (only 2 VINs ahead of my 2093)
So close yet so far. I feel a little uneasy having paid in full and no word on the car.

Last edited:
@ PatP

Patrick Brulotte ici.

State of charge at start
110-120 km/h
recharge in TR
17km at arrival?

Seems like a no compromise drive but the calculator tool on the TM website is estimating more like 320km of autonomy under those conditions. kind of worried as I intend to make the ride from time to time with the 60Kwh battery

C'est beau - je te replace!

My car was fully charged in range mode when I left Laval. First part of the travel was 110-120 km/h, but after Trois-Rivières, it was more like 85 km/h. So it's quite concerning... However, last portion had melting snow which was slowing the car thru additional friction. Plus, I had fogging issues on the windshield so had to put full blown heating and A/C very often. Actually, I'm quite concerned about that. Maybe my A/C is not working properly or there's a ventilation issue. I stopped to charge for 20 mins. in Trois-Rivieres, but it only compensated for the detour.

I have to get used to a propulsion car as I'm coming from an Audi Quatro... Definitely much less grip on acceleration but not dangerous.

@ PatP

Patrick Brulotte ici. Je demeurais dans la partie nord-est de Cap-Rouge. Étienne-Dumetz. Je pense que tu était plus au sud près de chez Martin Gagnon. J'étais ami avec Martin G, Benoit Cliche,...

En tout les cas, j'ai vu ta voiture sur la charge hier matin. Very cool. I finalized my car Thursday for an April delivery so I will let winter pass and get it in time for the summer tire season. that thought will keep away the jalousy for a while :)

State of charge at start
110-120 km/h
recharge in TR
17km at arrival?

Salut Patrick!

You mentioned that you just finalized for an April delivery. Couple questions. What is your P number? Did you have the option to take delivery earlier than April?

Thanks!

Robert

@PatP, keep us posted, interested to know what real world driving is in this baby. You must have averaged 600 Wh/mile or something like that.

@zax123, Ps after 157 including me, P179, received their Finalize button/email Thursday the 20th. Highest reported in this forum is 232 I believe in that batch (285 didn't receive it). All 158+ received an March/April delivery which I tend to assume means March production ready and April delivery. That's why I said April.

PB

@PatP, keep us posted, interested to know what real world driving is in this baby. You must have averaged 600 Wh/mile or something like that.

@zax123, Ps after 157 including me, P179, received their Finalize button/email Thursday the 20th. Highest reported in this forum is 232 I believe in that batch (285 didn't receive it). All 158+ received an March/April delivery which I tend to assume means March production ready and April delivery. That's why I said April.

PB

Thanks Pat,

I guess that means an April/May delivery for me P308... bummer, I thought I was on track for March.

Thanks for the info!

I had fogging issues on the windshield so had to put full blown heating and A/C very often. Actually, I'm quite concerned about that. Maybe my A/C is not working properly or there's a ventilation issue. ...
O
Others have suggested a thorough cleaning of the windshield. Fogging is like forming clouds; it needs "condensation nuclei", so get rid of the particles on the glass.

The same «bummer» for me ZAX ... I hoped a delivery for the end of march ... I made my deposit on June 28th and it seems that people in the US who made the deposit at about the same time already got their car ...

I put my deposit down on July 2.....expected delivery date March.....so there are a lot of us in the same boat (US and Canada)

I put mine down in April, so it looks like Canadian deliveries are two months behind the US. Bummer. :)

I'm Canadian Production 343, and when I put my deposit down, they were saying very early 2013 with a slim chance of seeing the car in late 2012. Obviously that ship has sailed, and I am not that disappointed in having a Spring delivery and skipping the winter altogether.

I'm Canadian Production 343, and when I put my deposit down, they were saying very early 2013 with a slim chance of seeing the car in late 2012. Obviously that ship has sailed, and I am not that disappointed in having a Spring delivery and skipping the winter altogether.

Plus they'll be a lot more software fixes by the time you get your car.

I'm good with a spring delivery also. I'm hoping more aftermarket wheel and tire choices appear before next winter.

My only issue is I have a lease ending March 1st, and was hoping to get the car soon after that... not sure what to do until it appears now. :)