Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just hung up the phone with Alex (DS).

My car is IN TRANSIT from Fremont !!!

:eek:

Time to choose insurance, and looks like I am going to have to pick winter tires after all...

I asked Alex to inquire with previous model S recipients in Montreal who got the studded Nokians if they would mind giving me their impressions. I shall relay any info I get here (in the appropriate thread).

WOOHOO !!!

PS: Fantastic looking car Orthonos! Of course I am biased, same color as mine :biggrin:

Time to choose insurance, and looks like I am going to have to pick winter tires after all...

I asked Alex to inquire with previous model S recipients in Montreal who got the studded Nokians if they would mind giving me their impressions. I shall relay any info I get here (in the appropriate thread).

WOOHOO !!!

PS: Fantastic looking car Orthonos! Of course I am biased, same color as mine :biggrin:

Stop the presses! Congrats! So you're looking at delivery in a couple weeks then!

What's your VIN Jeeps? Isn't it two before mine?

WOOHOO !!!

Wow! I guess I'd better give Alex a call then. I would expect my car to already be in transit as well and might even be on the same truck and i have the same last few items to tie up :eek:

WOOHOO !!!

Great news, however I wish you they use another transporter than for the previous batch... My car was on the truck for almost 20 days.

This may be slightly OT, but was anybody driving a dark (black/blue) Model S in Saskatoon, SK today?

I nearly caused several accidents trying to get a closer look, but alas, it was four lanes over and nearly dark out so the car in question was gone by the time I could get closer.

Got the Parcel Shelf today !
No magnets.
2013-04-01 TESLA Parcel Shelf 001.jpg
2013-04-01 TESLA Parcel Shelf 004.jpg
2013-04-01 TESLA Parcel Shelf 002.jpg

So.... What's the verdict? You glad you bought it? Does it stow away when not in use?

For me, I like the finished look it gives to the back of the car. Every hatch I've ever owned (including my cheap little Pontiac Vibe) has had some sort of parcel shelf, and my beef with Tesla is that they charge extra for what should (IMHO) come with the car.

I've had solid shelves that tether to the liftgate and rise out of the way when the liftgate is opened. I've had vinyl covers that roll out like a window blind and hook to the back of the car. Tesla's does neither. It just sits there, but is hinged so you can flip half of it back to get in to the "trunk". You can remove it entirely, but I haven't tried to stow it when removed.

I have noticed in the rear-view mirror that it hops or bounces a bit when underway, especially if the windows and/or pano roof is opened. It doesn't make any noise when doing so, but it is evident that there are no magnets holding it down (despite the magnetic field warning that came with the shelf).

Bottom line: I'm glad I have it, but not glad I had to buy it.

Just installed mine. It does indeed give the car a more "finished" look. More importantly it means I don't have to keep storing valuables in the underfloor cubby or frunk, so that will be more convenient.

Fortunately it was "included" with my Sig (if over four months late), so a small benefit received.