Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few photos from our big day here in BC, the first Model S (S02001) in western Canada goes home:

First impression at the Vancouver service centre; my wife waving with delight; first ride on BC Ferries across the Salish Sea

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

Last edited:
We have one big firmware "due bill" item-- we have NO turn-by-turn navigation at all, despite having 4.0. We called it in, and I hope they can push it to us! Anyone else in Canada missing navigation? (NOT base Google Maps, that is fine)

Update on this from Hans Ulsrud, in case it happens to anyone else:

Unfortunately your navigation had a small bug because of your SIM card's initialization. We will fix it when you come in to have your winter wheels and tires installed.

Congrats Vger

what did you do about the paperwork? Did you need to find a bank close by to get a draft?

The paperwork was never sent in advance. Hans emailed me the final accounting literally while I was having coffee across the street from the bank. There was one correction I noted, that was agreed to while I hovered at the main BMO office in downtown Vancouver, and then I got a bank draft made. The BMO people were jazzed, the teller knew all about the car, and the officer who signed the draft came over to meet me and said her significant other was "obsessed with that car." I promised to email her pictures!

@Shorty, are you picking up today, Friday, or can you join us for the Sun Country Highway Tour event in Victoria?

So how do the Lloyd rubbertite mats fit? Do they cover a large enough surface? Do you think the will do the trick to keep the floors dry with our winters? I am about to order the, so would love some feedback. Thanks

I put the Lloyd's rubbertite mats in my dad's car about a week ago and the fit is excellent. The only issue you might have with them is that they do not have any kind of lip around the edges so large amount of water could, potentially, run off. There are, however, lots of little dimples (one can see them in the pictures on the Lloyd's website). They cover the entire flat area in the foot well and, on the passenger side (front) they go up underneath the dash all the way. The story is the same in the rear. It covers the whole floor area and extent a small amount under each front seat.

While I don't live in Canada. I'm pretty familiar with constant rain having lived in Oregon my whole life. I think these mats are going to work quite well.

The paperwork was never sent in advance. Hans emailed me the final accounting literally while I was having coffee across the street from the bank. There was one correction I noted, that was agreed to while I hovered at the main BMO office in downtown Vancouver, and then I got a bank draft made. The BMO people were jazzed, the teller knew all about the car, and the officer who signed the draft came over to meet me and said her significant other was "obsessed with that car." I promised to email her pictures!

@Shorty, are you picking up today, Friday, or can you join us for the Sun Country Highway Tour event in Victoria?

I am picking up Saturday and I received my paperwork last night. When is the tour in Victoria?

I put the Lloyd's rubbertite mats in my dad's car about a week ago and the fit is excellent. The only issue you might have with them is that they do not have any kind of lip around the edges so large amount of water could, potentially, run off. There are, however, lots of little dimples (one can see them in the pictures on the Lloyd's website). They cover the entire flat area in the foot well and, on the passenger side (front) they go up underneath the dash all the way. The story is the same in the rear. It covers the whole floor area and extent a small amount under each front seat.

While I don't live in Canada. I'm pretty familiar with constant rain having lived in Oregon my whole life. I think these mats are going to work quite well.

Thanks Lyon. Very informative!

Went to the Laval Service Center today. Met with the Tesla crew. They were all waiting for the paperwork to come in before 1pm (for the first customer)

zhino, i counted 14 cars (9 inside) and 5 outside. they said they are doing 23 deliveries Friday, Saturday and Sunday. TO 60 and BC 90, which seems high

I see Martin Bouchard in the list on your picture. I believe this is the Martin Bouchard from Cap-Rouge that has a Roadster. if you are listening Martin, we use to play together... 28 years ago. Congrats for your car.

Went to the Laval Service Center today. Met with the Tesla crew. They were all waiting for the paperwork to come in before 1pm (for the first customer)

zhino, i counted 14 cars (9 inside) and 5 outside. they said they are doing 23 deliveries Friday, Saturday and Sunday. TO 60 and BC 90, which seems high

I see Martin Bouchard in the list on your picture. I believe this is the Martin Bouchard from Cap-Rouge that has a Roadster. if you are listening Martin, we use to play together... 28 years ago. Congrats for your car.

If they are doing 4 people at a time, 3 times a day for 4 days then that makes the maximum number of cars delivered 48!

Well, I took the plates off my old car last night and am all queued up for a 4PM pickup. Given that the Mayan's appear to have been incorrect about the end of the world, I should indeed have the car by end of day. There was an issue with my paperwork that resulted in them having to reissue -- basically in BC the rebate is BEFORE HST, but the first paperwork didn't have it that way. So the car got cheaper in the last 24 hours! I'm glad I waited to get it :)

Like Vjer I won't have any winter tires and also no front license plate holder -- that will allow me to unleash my inner rebel-single-plated Albertan for at least a few days...

@Vjer - congrats on the car. It looks alot like mine will! I'll come by for a visit in Jan.

@Zapped -- bummer for sure. I'm an Edmonton lad originally as well, we'll have to swap stories sometime.

Its going to be very difficult to get much work done here the rest of today...

Update -- I was reflecting on the Model S journey we've all been on, the first phase of which is soon to end for me. I've been "wanting" this thing for several years now, travelled around to see it, spent hours on the forums, know more about panel gaps than I ever wanted to, and become a mini-expert in 220 plugins. Here's hoping Mr. Spock's wise words from Amok Time will not apply: "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Last edited:
just got an email from Tesla montreal advising that because there was errors in paperwork (one of the issues was Tesla improperly put a 12% tax on our contracts), this will cause delays in obtaining the plates and registration and they are pushing everyone forward. My 9am appointment is not moved to 2:30pm. Have to completely juggle my day again and it's 11pm! Anyway, just advising those who may not have already been contacted to check their email for information.

znino, I assume that you are either enjoying your new car too much to update us or they are still working out the paperwork snafu.

still waiting with bated breath for news of the first Quebec delivery ... any crumbs are appreciated.

Well, I took the plates off my old car last night and am all queued up for a 4PM pickup. Given that the Mayan's appear to have been incorrect about the end of the world, I should indeed have the car by end of day. There was an issue with my paperwork that resulted in them having to reissue -- basically in BC the rebate is BEFORE HST, but the first paperwork didn't have it that way. So the car got cheaper in the last 24 hours! I'm glad I waited to get it :)

Like Vjer I won't have any winter tires and also no front license plate holder -- that will allow me to unleash my inner rebel-single-plated Albertan for at least a few days...

@Vjer - congrats on the car. It looks alot like mine will! I'll come by for a visit in Jan.

@Zapped -- bummer for sure. I'm an Edmonton lad originally as well, we'll have to swap stories sometime.

Its going to be very difficult to get much work done here the rest of today...

Update -- I was reflecting on the Model S journey we've all been on, the first phase of which is soon to end for me. I've been "wanting" this thing for several years now, travelled around to see it, spent hours on the forums, know more about panel gaps than I ever wanted to, and become a mini-expert in 220 plugins. Here's hoping Mr. Spock's wise words from Amok Time will not apply: "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Thanks for the update on the HST

.... I've been "wanting" this thing for several years now, traveled around to see it, spent hours on the forums, know more about panel gaps than I ever wanted to, and become a mini-expert in 220 plugins. Here's hoping Mr. Spock's wise words from Amok Time will not apply: "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

@ElectricFarmBoy : I think Mr.Spock's words are very true 99% of the time. "Wanting" is a strong "human" trait .....and I haven't given up.:smile:
Anyways, it's probably too late to ask, but could you; would you; have happened to have a quick look for VIN 2093, Red, grey wheels ??? No email response to confirm if mine arrived from Hans, who is obviously and clearly very busy.

Hope all went well with your Vancouver delivery today. If I don't hear from you for a couple of days I completely understand.:wink: