Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jeeps: what is your estimated delivery window? I'm hoping to finalize today. :)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing your exchanges with Elon and Tesla staff. Obviously they will not tell you that they plan to ignore an issue, but so far their track record on improving the car was good enough for me to click on the red button. Let me change my previous sentence to: Tesla, don't let US down!

I did not yet receive my pre-MVPA, but the estimated date I got when filling out the online order page was march-april 2013. Somewhat vague, but it's a start.

April would actually work out pretty well for me, since my current lease expires in early May.

Now my next objective is trying not to get abused by Infiniti on "abnormal wear" when I return the car (their list of what they consider abnormal is beyond ridiculous). One reason why I am buying the S...

BTW, I am game for the Julep !

JP

Well, I did it...

I finalized.

Tesla, don't let me down!

:scared:

:cool:

Great news Jeeps17. I feel some pressure now to sign my paperwork if I want my TMS to be delivered before you (P179 vs 308 and 285 I believe Jeeps17)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Zax123,

He was in standard suspension and TC on. The wheels spun for less than a second twice: on the way up in the slope with a mix of snow, sleet and wet asphalt and in deep snow on the flat closer to my garage entrance. Will post the video tonight if I can fin how.

I clicked. :)

March - April 2013 estimated delivery too.

Longest two-three months ever right? :)

I'm thinking that the time between receiving the VIN and having the car delivered will be even longer ... but yes, I finalized last month and it isn't getting any easier. At least I've got things to do to keep me busy, an electrician is coming by tomorrow to begin the process of installing the 100A subpanel and the 14-50 receptacle and I've got to start the ball rolling on the insurance, financing and trade-in and ... now where did I put my todo list?

Scary thing is that I usually get together with some of my cousins from Alberta for a weekend of skiing at Panorama every year and now I am hesitating to commit because the car might be ready for delivery around that time :eek:

Great news Jeeps17. I feel some pressure now to sign my paperwork if I want my TMS to be delivered before you (P179 vs 308 and 285 I believe Jeeps17)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Zax123,

He was in standard suspension and TC on. The wheels spun for less than a second twice: on the way up in the slope with a mix of snow, sleet and wet asphalt and in deep snow on the flat closer to my garage entrance. Will post the video tonight if I can fin how.

Hey Pat,

Did you try YouTube? It's super easy and it accepts all kinds of video formats...

A few questions for current S owners in the province of Quebec :

1. I received my MVPA today, and noted that they charged HST in the itemized pricing. AFAIK we still use GST / QST, and I do NOT want to have issues with the SAAQ about perceived "unpaid taxes" :scared:.

2. The provincial rebate is listed as TBD. When is this added in (the amount is well known)?

3. The last 2 pages seem to be geared for a buyer in Ontario. The vehicle purchase terms on their first line state they have been approved for use in ON, and the last page reads like a disclaimer against responsibility if the car fails to function by the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council. I know Tesla Canada is based in Ontario, but does this apply to a purchaser in Quebec?

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some information as to how their documents were written and/ or corrected (if applicable).

I will most likely call the 416 number tomorrow, if time permits at work, to address this.

Jeep, this is a Pre-MVPA, and the final one will be different according to Hans. I had the same concern when I signed it first week of december.... but seems that signature owners got their car in Quebec with the right documents.
I will confirm as soon as I got my final MVPA (in a few weeks I hope).

CDN P#5

Thanks Toto,

Sending Hans a query is a great idea, even if I get the same reply you got.

BTW every time I see your handle I chuckle, one of my teachers during my fellowship used to (loudly) call us TOTO! when my colleagues or myself did something that was not to his liking. Which turned out to be often, he was a bit cantankerous... A little flashback at every post :)

- - - Updated - - -

I clicked. :)

March - April 2013 estimated delivery too.

Longest two-three months ever right? :)

Congrats!

:)

A few questions for current S owners in the province of Quebec :

1. I received my MVPA today, and noted that they charged HST in the itemized pricing. AFAIK we still use GST / QST, and I do NOT want to have issues with the SAAQ about perceived "unpaid taxes" :scared:.

2. The provincial rebate is listed as TBD. When is this added in (the amount is well known)?

3. The last 2 pages seem to be geared for a buyer in Ontario. The vehicle purchase terms on their first line state they have been approved for use in ON, and the last page reads like a disclaimer against responsibility if the car fails to function by the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council. I know Tesla Canada is based in Ontario, but does this apply to a purchaser in Quebec?

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some information as to how their documents were written and/ or corrected (if applicable).

I will most likely call the 416 number tomorrow, if time permits at work, to address this.

I called Tesla about the documents today. They assured me it will be fixed when the real ones come around. I quickly digitally signed them anyway to eliminate any possible delays. :)

I called Tesla about the documents today. They assured me it will be fixed when the real ones come around. I quickly digitally signed them anyway to eliminate any possible delays. :)

Zax, having received my signature in December I can tell you that my original agreement when the order was placed had the same issues you raised but that the final document had everything rectified. The taxes are the qst and gst, the provincial rebate is removed right off the total cost of the car including taxes, and the pages referring to Ontario are no longer there. So bottom line... Don't worry. It's all good :)

Zax, having received my signature in December I can tell you that my original agreement when the order was placed had the same issues you raised but that the final document had everything rectified. The taxes are the qst and gst, the provincial rebate is removed right off the total cost of the car including taxes, and the pages referring to Ontario are no longer there. So bottom line... Don't worry. It's all good :)

Good to know :) I guess their DocuSign setup for Canada just assumes Ontario...

How are you liking the car znino, in the weather we're having now -- much milder...

So, back on-topic regarding Canadian deliveries, my car is scheduled to be delivered to my door on January 17th. It will have spent 4 weeks doing nothing in Toronto (okay, this week they will put winter tires on, so not nothing exactly). It will be sent on the carrier that does all of Porsche's Canadian transportation, so it is supposed to be very well taken care of on the way. (Did anyone have issues with a carrier here? Tesla sounded like they had issues with other companies). I hope it doesn't blizzard next week...

So, back on-topic regarding Canadian deliveries, my car is scheduled to be delivered to my door on January 17th. It will have spent 4 weeks doing nothing in Toronto (okay, this week they will put winter tires on, so not nothing exactly). It will be sent on the carrier that does all of Porsche's Canadian transportation, so it is supposed to be very well taken care of on the way. (Did anyone have issues with a carrier here? Tesla sounded like they had issues with other companies). I hope it doesn't blizzard next week...

I would expect that your car is in an enclosed carrier especially if your car has already been detailed in Toronto.

My car was at the top level of an open transport for the 2600 km trip from the factory.
Paint was scuffed on the hood and edges of the car, I assume, from the white cover flapping in the wind. I'm not sure what would have been worse , cover or no cover. Clearly the car had not been detailed and probably for that very reason.
TESLA was really good about getting the detailing done at a local Mercedes dealer. They actually insisted that it be done by a high end car dealer like Mercedes or BMW and made the arrangements.

Hope your car arrives safely and wish you good weather. Doesn't sound like a snow storm stopped anyone else from driving though. Have fun :biggrin:

I am 85 kWh, pano roof, dolphin grey.
IMG_0671.JPG