Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On an actual Californian MS -

View attachment 110608

IMG_4045.jpg

and another actual CA MS

Getting jealous of the USA plates system. We have to have 2 numbers then 2 letter then 3 letters. There must be a way round getting an American plate on a UK car. After all the car will be imported from your country, surely it can qualify for a plate from there.

while this is a clever suggestion it will not be understood by 99% of the population who have no clue what ICE means
True... but that's no reason not to use it. There are some (a few? many? lots?) of other obscure license plates I've seen that I have no idea what they mean unless I'm lucky enough to talk to the owner (e.g.: DENKI) [translate it from japanese to find out the answer]

Reactions: bollar
I don't have a Tesla, but I figured it's important to be clear about my intentions on my current license plate:

IMG_1267.JPG

When I ordered the plate, I put the maximum whitespace (a half space) between "TSLA" and "NXT" but it's basically not visible. That makes it difficult for people who don't know about my T(E)SLA obsession to read the plate.

A quick story about the car: I got it for free from a co-worker when I moved from Germany to California last year. It's a 1992 Acura Integra with almost 200k miles on it. You can see its age in the picture ;-) That doesn't bother me because I usually bike to work and use the car only on the weekend.

IMG_1264.JPG

As the Model 3 unveiling is close, let's hope this car will get replaced soon and I need a new plate then :)

Reactions: NJ Plugin
True... but that's no reason not to use it. There are some (a few? many? lots?) of other obscure license plates I've seen that I have no idea what they mean unless I'm lucky enough to talk to the owner (e.g.: DENKI) [translate it from japanese to find out the answer]

I guess I felt the same way. I went back and forth over a few options for my new 90D and decided to go with - DIAN CHE.

It is not exactly correct, but it is roughly 'electric car' in Chinese (in pinyin); the correct translation wouldn't fit on the plate. I lived in Beijing for over 3 years at one point in my career.

My second choice isn't a lot easier to quickly grasp and has the extra challenge of not being exactly politically correct (at least for an electric car). That option was NAMLIO. Read it backwards and you will know my occupation.