Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S creep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What we really need is the owners manual online to read--or better yet a "new car features" manual. To answer these kind of questions. The NCF manual for the Prius is great--especially when compared the owners manual--I refer to it all the time.

Creep is here now!

Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

gimp_dad says:
"Just got SW release 1.13.16 tonight. It now has a "Creep" option in the driving control panel. I would characterize the creep mode as mild but it now keeps the car from rolling backward in my driveway when in drive without foot on the brake or accelerator pedals. On level ground it creeps very slowly if you don't put your foot on the accelerator.

Personally I didn't have any problem with the old way but I know there are many who prefer creep mode so I wanted to let everyone know about the update.

I didn't check everything yet, but I also noticed a few other changes:
- there are now driver modes that save your mirror, seat, etc. settings (you even get to name the driver) (is this one old and I just missed it previously?)
- the sound system has improved even more with better XM reception, finer grain volume control and fuller sound
- there is a tantalizing switch in the control panel to enable remote access by the mobile app (can't wait to actually get the app for my android phone)

That's all I have noticed so far. Will add anything else I discover tomorrow."

Last edited:
I see this thread has gone stale for a while since the creep or no creep setting was introduced.
However, I would like to propose a third setting for creep. I would like to see a hill hugger setting.
I really like "no creep". But on those occasions when I am at a stop with a noticeable upward grade, I would like the car to NOT roll backwards
when I release the brake and quickly step on the accelerator. Especially when that obnoxious ICE truck has pulled right up behind me!
This setting would NOT cause the car to move forward at a stop, but instead would only make sure it would NOT roll back when the brake was
released, before I step on the accelerator.

So, three settings:
o No creep.
o Hill hugger. (no rolling backwards)
o Creep.