Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S December Production email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lyon - I believe you are right

I'm thinking it's the 85kWh thing, as I'm in Oregon and I've seen both Performance and Non. I've seen several blues but several that are other colors.

Like I said before on another thread, while there is likely some constellation of commonalities in those who are getting cars "early" it's very unlikely that we'll ever be able to deduce what they are. Frankly, I'm just stoked that there's a chance.

Any idea on whether the EV tax credit will increase in 2013? I mean I realize that Fiscal cliff, nobody knows, etc, etc, but I recall that the proposed budgets had it go up to $10k.... or I could just press the button.

I got the email too and I opted in. Unfortunately I have to sell two cars to get the money for the down payment but I can raid the liquid funds to cover it until the cars are sold.

This could be the greatest Christmas gift ever.

Funny story: My wife said "its a good thing you bought my Christmas gift already since you would probably cheap out" :) She is correct...;-)

It makes me wonder if your chances increase if you're paying cash and not trading in a vehicle, since they specifically addressed those two questions in the email. At any rate, I'd hate to be the employee responsible for checking the [email protected] address right about now!!

At this stage they want to deliver as many cars as possible to those able and willing to pony up the cash or financing this year. I think those questions are purely related to get the ball rolling as the trade in process may be a bit more cumbersome.

+1 on the [email protected] email account. Someone's iphone is about to explode.

Any idea on whether the EV tax credit will increase in 2013? I mean I realize that Fiscal cliff, nobody knows, etc, etc, but I recall that the proposed budgets had it go up to $10k.... or I could just press the button.

I attribute this to the same argument of, "Why should I buy [insert cutting-edge technology] now, when the next update will probably bring [insert marginally-desired upgrade]?"

One could argue, albeit maybe not very well, that there's always a chance the tax credit will decrease to $5K.

Oh, just take the Red Pill, and find out how deep the rabbit hole goes!!!

I'm another blue performance reservation to get the e-mail. P6514. Chicago area. Didn't think there was even a chance. I will happily deal with getting some snow tires in order to get my car three months before I expected.

Gah . . . got the e-mail . . . haven't even called Solar City back after my vacation to look into setting things up here, measured garage versus car size, etc. So I'm not ready, but . . . wow, I'd love to ditch my old car. Which I haven't figured out what to do with yet. Looking at Feb/Mar, I really wasn't thinking about this kinda stuff! But I'd love to get it . . . shoot. My other half just woke up, so I guess it's time to talk. ;-)

Coincidentally, I was at my credit union today and happened to ask about timing on getting a loan. I can get it approved the same day, and even if I'm worried about issues or delays, a couple of weeks is plenty o' time he said. He also gave me an idea of the two factors (credit score and monthly-payment-versus-monthly-salary) that would affect getting approved--something I'd just thought about--and I should be fine there.

So . . . damn, I'm nervous but kinda want to say yes. Probably too late (6000 other people just clicked YES, right?). ;-) But hopefully I'll do that soon anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, a problem here...any other Canadian reservation holders receive this email?

I replied "in 2012", then noticed the financing question...financing through Wells Fargo?...Canadian financing is through Scotiabank...

Huh? I got: "Financing can be done through our Tesla partner, Wells Fargo, or through your own local bank or credit union. In many states trade-ins can be handled through our delivery process as well." So no problema, methinks. I'm certainly not taking Wells Fargo's rates (they may compare well to banks, but not to my credit union). ;-)

Check the geography kendall :wink:

I focused on the "or through your own local bank" part. I don't even know the true reasons behind the e-mails, so I could see Canadians getting this e-mail...most wasn't country-specific. (Or I had too big a dinner and all the blood rushed to my stomach to digest and my brain's only at half capacity or less...low SoC dontcha know....)

Got the email, too, and thought "oh my, this is way sooner than I was expecting. I haven't gotten finance set up yet, need to sell my Audi (planned on selling private party), need to buy a set of winter wheels, need to clear out the garage, hmmm and a 2012 will have lower resale value than a 2013..."

I clicked "Yes" :) :) :)

Hmmmm

So no one who was in the last round of "Finalize" emails sent on Monday (around P#9,050 up) have gotten this email it seems....

I Finalized right away Monday night. Hopefully they will get through these initial responses and send another round out and that I get the email because I will *definitely* click "YES, 2012" !!!!

Aaron