Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a bummer if true but it's highly possible since I'm noticing folks with much higher "P" sequence numbers posting that they have been "notified". From what I have seen, they are non-performance models.

Yea, that sure looks to be the case...wonder how much the cost for the perf is going to go up once the announce new pricing? Another $5k? (Not to derail the thread...)

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Add a new one to the Ps:
:

This vehicle represents the pinnacle of my 10+ years of EV experiences. First, lead-acid conversions (2 of them), then upgrade to Lithium, now a production car that can go the distance with little or no range anxiety. After 12/8-12/22 (whenever we get the car) I wil never by another drop of gasoline again as long as I live. No more $ to OPEC - YAHOOO!

Intense!!!

I finally have something substantive to add to the thread.....

Just got this response:

Hi Kevin,

Your Model S now has a VIN and an expected delivery in December. Your VIN is: xxxx01682

Updated delivery windows will be provided by the Delivery team. Once your vehicle is actually at the Seattle service center a member of the Delivery Expereince team will be able to schedule an exact day.

Best regards,

I'm P2159 - 85KWH, Grey, cloth seats, tech package, air suspension, studio sound in WA

Just got this response:

Hi Kevin,

Your Model S now has a VIN and an expected delivery in December. Your VIN is: xxxx01682

Updated delivery windows will be provided by the Delivery team. Once your vehicle is actually at the Seattle service center a member of the Delivery Expereince team will be able to schedule an exact day.

Best regards,

I'm P2159 - 85KWH, Grey, cloth seats, tech package, air suspension, studio sound in WA

Wow, that is excellent Kevin. It seems things are really starting to roll!

P3853 - 85kW, Grey, 19'', Air Ride, Tech, Child Seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this response:

Hi Kevin,

Best regards,

Do vin #'s reset with production cars or are you extremely lucky and have one of the first 500 production cars? If they reset time to buy some stock!

Just got this response:

Hi Kevin,

Best regards,

You have COMPLETELY made my day! Thank you!
I'm P1988, in the Portland metro area, and I was wondering if I would have my car before year's end!
I have more hope now.

(I know: Hope is not a strategy.)

Just to add another datapoint, I just called and inquired if it was possible for me to change from standard 85kWh to Performance. The response was no, as parts for all 85kWh builds through my sequence number had already been ordered, and I had been "sorted for production". My car won't likely hit the production line until early Jan, according the current guesstimate (which is what I had expected).

Was this before or after you had confirmed? I was under the impression that upon confirmation, you can choose either the performance or standard.

This is a bummer if true but it's highly possible since I'm noticing folks with much higher "P" sequence numbers posting that they have been "notified". From what I have seen, they are non-performance models.
For what it's worth, of the Rs that recently got this delivery email, quite a few of them are Performance cars. I understand that they might have treated Ps differently, but clearly whatever shortages there may have been did not prevent them from scheduling deliveries of General Production Performance cars to R reservation holders.

Just got this response:

Hi Kevin,

Best regards,

Kevin, is your car Performance or non-performance?