Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6/9/2013 Ordered
6/11/2013 Called to finalize order
6/12/2013 VIN 14564

Have only ever been this excited about a car purchase once before (1993 Mazda RX-7) :biggrin:

85 kWh | White | Tan | Obeche Matte | Tech Pkg | Twin Chargers | 19" Wheels
I never buy boring vehicles; so, I have always been excited about a new car delivery. I am very excited that my Model S will be delivered soon. I was quite excited about getting my Volt and the other car that I am driving. My other car is a 2003 50th Anniversary Special Corvette convertible with a 6 speed transmission.

My page says that too but on top of the status, there is a VIN. I haven't gotten an email with a DS contact though, nor a "delivery" button. I guess it just varies for everyone...

I ordered last week in May they called me back June 3 before the 10 days were up and asked if I had any changes and if they could start build June 3 VIN 14042 Car to be in hand on June 28 waiting on shipping right now as car complete.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. I have been looking at the model S since last year but did not consider buying it (due to the price) until one of my coworker got his Model S 3-4 weeks ago. I went to the Galleria in Houston to look at the car again and decided to make the reservation for the Model S, even without a test drive yet.

I finalize the order on 06/11/13
got the VIN number 145XX on 06/12/13

Since then, it has been a long wait.. I haven't got any call or update from Tesla yet.
What is the typical wait for the car now? I talked to Callie at the Galleria and she said it about 8 weeks now.

Model S, 85KWh, Pearl White, tech pkg, Pan-SunR, black leather.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a test drive from Tesla in Galleria. They called last week to let me know that I'm schedule to test drive on 06/29/13 :)

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. I have been looking at the model S since last year but did not consider buying it (due to the price) until one of my coworker got his Model S 3-4 weeks ago. I went to the Galleria in Houston to look at the car again and decided to make the reservation for the Model S, even without a test drive yet.

Since then, it has been a long wait.. I haven't got any call or update from Tesla yet.
What is the typical wait for the car now? I talked to Callie at the Galleria and she said it about 8 weeks now.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a test drive from Tesla in Galleria. They called last week to let me know that I'm schedule to test drive on 06/29/13 :)

That's a popular combination. You might be able to get one from inventory. Otherwise, I would say end of July.

Thanks Bollar, the last 5 days has been a pain. I have been looking at the web site almost everyday to see if there is any change. Let hope that they have something similar in inventory or the next 6-8 weeks will not come fast enough for me :(

For what it's worth, almost all of us have waited much longer! The Performance and Performance Plus models are getting priority at the factory - probably because they have higher margins. My P85 was finalized/released to factory on 5/27 and I've got a delivery appointment for 6/28. I think the non-Perf cars are running more like 6 to 8 weeks but haven't been tracking those models as closely.

You should be able to get in for a test drive sooner,by the way. I was able to get a next day test drive scheduled for my GF.

LiteWait.... Thanks, I didn't know we got our own threads for Houston :)

PhilBa, I asked them about the test drive and see if they can schedule it earlier than that, since I have made the reservation with them, but they said since Texas and North Carolina turned down Tesla. It harder to buy, service or schedule test drive. Tesla will randomly schedule a test drive every 2 months or so. I couldn't wait that long for a test drive to make the decision so I reserved my car anyway. reading through all the threads in here, just about everyone loves the Roaster or Model S so the decision was easy. Now I have to endure the wait just like everyone else :(

PhilBa, I asked them about the test drive and see if they can schedule it earlier than that, since I have made the reservation with them, but they said since Texas and North Carolina turned down Tesla. It harder to buy, service or schedule test drive. Tesla will randomly schedule a test drive every 2 months or so. I couldn't wait that long for a test drive to make the decision so I reserved my car anyway. reading through all the threads in here, just about everyone loves the Roaster or Model S so the decision was easy. Now I have to endure the wait just like everyone else :(
I never test drove one before taking delivery...and I'm actually glad I didn't. It made delivery day that much more exciting!

FWIW, there are test drives in Austin this coming weekend. If you're willing to make the hike, call them today and see if they have room...

Visualize me cursing the Texas Auto Dealers Association

Got my VIN today after finalizing yesterday. Does that mean they started building the car?

@Btrflyl8e, what does "OG" mean?

60kWh Model S | Black w/ Black Leather and Piano Trim | Tech and Pano | VIN 1550X
Reserved 6/14/13 | Finalized 6/16/13 | VIN 6/17/13 | Est Delivery Late July | Delivery Button TBD | Delivery Window TBD | Delivery TBD

FWIW, there are test drives in Austin this coming weekend. If you're willing to make the hike, call them today and see if they have room...

that is a tempting option but i think i will wait until Jun-29 to get a test drive from Tesla in Houston. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Got my VIN today after finalizing yesterday. Does that mean they started building the car?

@Btrflyl8e, what does "OG" mean?

60kWh Model S | Black w/ Black Leather and Piano Trim | Tech and Pano | VIN 1550X
Reserved 6/14/13 | Finalized 6/16/13 | VIN 6/17/13 | Est Delivery Late July | Delivery Button TBD | Delivery Window TBD | Delivery TBD

i don't think so... from what i know, Tesla will make the P85+ and P85 first.... to beat their goal for second quarter, again. the regular 60KWh and 85KWh battery cars will be push back a little bit. i have been waiting for 6 LONG days now without any news... never have to wait so long for a car before.

- - - Updated - - -

Visualize me cursing the Texas Auto Dealers Association

more GOOD news from North Carolina Auto Dealers Association... just in today that they will attempt to block Tesla from selling their cars online.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-clashes-car-dealers-223300148.html

- - - Updated - - -

I never test drove one before taking delivery...and I'm actually glad I didn't. It made delivery day that much more exciting!

I may just do that and let my wife test drive first and wait to experience it myself when I get the car. :)