Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, new future owner here. Just want to share some of my dates.

Reservation Date: 5/21
Finalize Date: 6/3
Delivery Date: 6/22

Is it me or are they able to build the car in 15 working days now? Is their production line getting faster or are their less cars in the pipeline now? I was expecting 2-3 months but its more like 3-4 weeks at this point. I wonder if anyone else is get this quick turnaround. :confused: Either way, its good news for me.

My car specs: 60wh, basic white, black roof, black leather, tech package, air suspension, supercharger

Congrats.Did they assign you a VIN?

My finalize date was also this week on 6/3 but I still only see a reservation number on the "My Garage" page.
I assume that is where I should be checking? Or do they send you an email when a VIN is assigned?

The status says, "Your Model S order has been confirmed" which I recall changing from something else on the day that I confirmed my options.

I see the VIN on the MY Tesla web site. How long does it usually take after a VIN is assigned. I am sure the answer is in this thread, but it is 261 pages long, and the timing has probably changed recently.

I suspect the time between VIN assigned and delivery has gradually changed throughout this thread as Tesla has scaled up.
So the only really valid observations to base an estimate on would be those from May/June.

I think the 8-12 weeks is a really conservative estimate that they give out at this point so that Tesla has room for hiccups in production.
4-6 weeks looks more likely.

I finalized on 5/30, got my VIN on 6/7, and scheduled with service center for delivery on 6/21 (due to some travel conflicts) although they said there is "some" risk that it might not be ready as my range is 6/17-7/1.

Can I ask how your car is configured? I ordered mine right around your finalized date, was originally told that car would be delivered late June or early July. As of yesterday, it's now 2-3 months (late July to late August). If ours are close configurations, it'd make sense for the factory to manufacture ours and deliver on the same truck out here to Chicago. .....yes, I'm growing impatient. :D I want my toys and want them now!

Can I ask how your car is configured? I ordered mine right around your finalized date, was originally told that car would be delivered late June or early July. As of yesterday, it's now 2-3 months (late July to late August). If ours are close configurations, it'd make sense for the factory to manufacture ours and deliver on the same truck out here to Chicago. .....yes, I'm growing impatient. :D I want my toys and want them now!

I'm very close to B-Chicago's time frames (final on 5/27, delivery range late June, early July). I'm getting a red P85, 19" wheels, tech package. I was told by several Tesla employees that P85s are getting priority, probably because they yield more revenue to the company.

I see the VIN on the MY Tesla web site. How long does it usually take after a VIN is assigned. I am sure the answer is in this thread, but it is 261 pages long, and the timing has probably changed recently.

I just got my VIN also. #13430. I haven't gotten a delivery date yet, but was originally told June 21st - July 5th.
The most recent email said by end of the month. And I do think the timing has changed. When I finalized, it said about 2 months. Now it looks like about 6 weeks (or less).

P85 Blue w gray interior. 21 inch silver wheels and no spoiler (hopefully the badge is enough to distinguish). Panoramic roof, Upgraded sound, tech, double chargers.

maybe your rather late delivery window has something to do with the now ramping up of European production in the factory. they have previously said that they will concentrate on the initial EU production during June and July...... so maybe with your options etc it was slotted just after one of these EU batches........ just a thought.

A few days ago my DS called and said mine was done and on the truck headed east, and pushed my original 6/15 date up to this morning. 3 more hours and it'll be mine. :)

Unfortunately, the appointment with the tint shop to do the paint armor isn't until Wednesday, and it's quite wet in Raleigh right now. I probably won't drive it near as much as I'd like for the next few days to keep the paint clean before then.

Last edited:
Congrats! We also get ours today (in about 5-7 hours)
A few days ago my DS called and said mine was done and on the truck headed east, and pushed my original 6/15 date up to this morning. 3 more hours and it'll be mine. :)

Unfortunately, the appointment with the tint shop to do the paint armor isn't until Wednesday, and it's quite wet in Raleigh right now. I probably won't drive it near as much as I'd like for the next few days to keep the paint clean before then.

Thanks... just got a call from the driver and looks like it will be around 1:30 PT. He is in Tonopah, AZ and has some seal issue with the trailer that is being fixed. So both jbm81 and we get to wait a little longer. :crying:

We actually get home delivery here in AZ since they can't deliver to the store or SC. Almost tempted to drive there and pick it up though.... (about 74miles away).

Counting it down for ya! Drive sane on your way there. ;)

Last edited:
I just got my VIN also. #13430. I haven't gotten a delivery date yet, but was originally told June 21st - July 5th.
The most recent email said by end of the month. And I do think the timing has changed. When I finalized, it said about 2 months. Now it looks like about 6 weeks (or less).

Mine is 13435 with a delivery range of 6/21 to 7/5 also. They are saying it will be completed during the week of 6/17. Is that what people are calling an EOL date?

Maybe we'll all see each other at the delivery center