Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since P5000 and below configured back in what August? any parts shortages should have been anticipated as they knew what was in the queue and what quantities of parts were needed. Of course, suppliers were probably in the dark as to what was need and when, giving Tesla, a "yeah right, you need how many by when?? good luck with that"

Since the deliveries we're seeing now, probably went on the production line 3-4 weeks ago, it's quite possible that the next few waves will be a slew of performance models then a more balanced perf and non-perf 85kw as supplies may no longer be constrained.

R456 (Perf, Grey, Black/CF, Pano, Tech, Air, Sound, Silver 21's, Armor, Single Charger, No Spoiler) has a VIN - 1459. On track for delivery window of 12/11-12/25.

- - - Updated - - -

Since the deliveries we're seeing now, probably went on the production line 3-4 weeks ago, it's quite possible that the next few waves will be a slew of performance models then a more balanced perf and non-perf 85kw as supplies may no longer be constrained.
The other thing to keep in mind is that Tesla may view the current volume of Perf/CF cars to be abnormally high - either due to early adopters tending towards those options vs folks who are reserving now and then there's the price increase which will probably steer some folks away from Perf/CF. If that's the case they would be foolish to invest in enough infrastructure or commit to suppliers to maintain this high level. Instead there will be shortages now but they'll smooth out once the order mix moves to where they expect it to be long-term.

Don't know if you are going to document any of your delivery, but I would be interested in your DS run through (all "x" hrs of it) as I will not have a DS and need to glean all I can. And have Joey make mine a Turkey sausage egg and cheese with regular coke, please.
My DES, Lee Holycross, is not going to be here for the delivery. He's flying in on Wed. Morning and I'll get me tour that day. Can do my best to record the "show". I'm not the best videographer (my talents are more in still work), but I'll do what I can.