Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the same config as Robert.Boston (green/tan/lacewood, pano, 85kw, active air, tech, sound). I was reservation R43 - picking mine up tomorrow at factory! VIN 01261.
Interesting, I'm R77 with VIN 1267, just 5 over you, but with a 34 difference in sequence numbers. Hard to believe 29 people between us dropped their reservations.

- - - Updated - - -

<------ <scrambles to check Junk Mail folder for 'tesla'>

Current theory is that these are all non-performance going out now and that there is a backlog on the performance parts.

Interesting, I'm R77 with VIN 1267, just 5 over you, but with a 34 difference in sequence numbers. Hard to believe 29 people between us dropped their reservations.
From what I can tell Performance and/or CF interiors are in short supply so it's likely that folks in between you are being delayed by parts shortages which would account for the jump in sequence numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question for y'all. I have a Roadster and ordered within the window of early sequencing, and My Tesla says I have #459. That makes me R459, right?
Correct.

Everyone keep in mind that the 60 and 40KWH are being skipped until those packs are approved. My rep told me to day that the 60KWH pack is likely to be approved for early January deliveries, but I'm not holding my breath. <sad look>

Current theory is that these are all non-performance going out now and that there is a backlog on the performance parts.

I'm P1577 (a few before Robert.Boston), also 85 kWh non-Perf, in somewhat the same area as Robert (MA vs. VA) and haven't received any email. There seem to be other factors at play.

Edit:

Just called Tesla. They indicated that I should expect to hear from Tesla within 2-3 weeks regarding scheduling and delivery finalization. He expects my car will likely be delivered at the very tail end of December (YIKES! Cutting it close for this year's tax credit!)

He said that I have no VIN yet, but they sometimes come in batches. (He said the next batch of VINs should be coming in within 2-3 days). I asked if my car had started production, and he wasn't entirely certain but might get an update within a few days.

He thinks in 2-3 weeks when Tesla contacts me I should have a much better idea of when I'll get my car. For those Ps with higher numbers and delivery timelines already, I'm happy for you--but admit it's a little bit of a bummer getting my car after you guys! (I'm ashamed to feel that way...hehe)

I wouldn't care if I weren't so close to the end of the year, but yikes I might just barely make the cutoff.

A few more bits of info:

The Tesla rep I spoke to on the phone said they're full bore through the holidays. Not sure if they get XMas day off itself, but the other days they'll be working. (Possibly X-Mas as well).

Finally, it seems that determining whether your car will be delivered by the end of the year based on your P number will be futile. The sequence is random enough that if you are anywhere near the cutoff (+/- 1000 or more cars), you are just in a gray area and won't know until you get a delivery timeline from Tesla.

Last edited:
That theory does seem to be holding up -- I haven't been able to find any performance Ps with delivery notices -- but it's not true of the Rs. Plenty of performance cars there.

As to CF, I have performance but no CF, #P983, and I've heard nothing. I suppose they could defer all performance vehicles just because it is simpler.

I'm confused regarding which "reservation number" people are using. Our original number, which in My Garage is to the right under the words "Model S" is #1574. When we finalized our order, we were given RN009924 which resides under "Reservation Number" in My Garage. Is Robert.Boston's P1635 the pre or post finalization reservation #? Are we P1574 or P9924? I think we must be P1574 because I can't think of any version of sequencing which pushes us to the 9924 number.

We are general production, non-performance, 85 kWh, active-air, 19", twin chargers, brown, tan leather, lacewood, pano, jump seats, parcel shelf. Olympia, WA.

I'm confused regarding which "reservation number" people are using. Our original number, which in My Garage is to the right under the words "Model S" is #1574. When we finalized our order, we were given RN009924 which resides under "Reservation Number" in My Garage. Is Robert.Boston's P1635 the pre or post finalization reservation #? Are we P1574 or P9924? I think we must be P1574 because I can't think of any version of sequencing which pushes us to the 9924 number.

We are general production, non-performance, 85 kWh, active-air, 19", twin chargers, brown, tan leather, lacewood, pano, jump seats, parcel shelf. Olympia, WA.

You sound like P1574. Robert is P1635. I bet you and I reserved within a few days of each other.

I'm confused regarding which "reservation number" people are using. Our original number, which in My Garage is to the right under the words "Model S" is #1574.

That's your sequence number....which most people here call your reservation number. Cars are not produced exactly in order for a variety of reasons (not limited to, but including production batching and delivery logistics) but, based on other activity up-thread, #1574 is likely to see some action in the near future

Everyone keep in mind that the 60 and 40KWH are being skipped until those packs are approved. My rep told me to day that the 60KWH pack is likely to be approved for early January deliveries, but I'm not holding my breath. <sad look>

Echo on the sad look there. I was expecting to be far enough back in line that the 60 kwh battery wouldnt affect my order. I really hope we hear something about those battery packs soon. Would love to at least hear EPA numbers.

On the other hand, it really is vicariously exciting to see so many R and P numbers being contacted today.

I've got the same config as Robert.Boston (green/tan/lacewood, pano, 85kw, active air, tech, sound). I was reservation R43 - picking mine up tomorrow at factory! VIN 01261.

Interesting, I have green, obeche, pano, tech, and am P457 and not a peep. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

I promised myself I wouldn't email Tesla, and I would be patient, but seeing all the P's I just emailed. Hoping to hear something soon.

Trying SO hard to be patient!

P457 - been waiting since March 2009...