Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the magic email for P210 / VIN1769. Delivery window is December 13th-27th.

General Production #210 - Performance 85KWh, Blue, Pano Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Tan Interior, Obeche Wood Matte, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Active Air, Rear Facing Seats, Paint Armor, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers

That's my configuration... exactly! Pleasepleaseplease post many pictures after you get your car!

I visited the Tesla store in DC yesterday and spent about three hours there hanging out (had some time between business meetings). The staff told me in no uncertain terms that production has now ramped up to 400 per week. They also said that the estimated delivery dates given when an order is finalized are now far more reliable then before. As I'm Feb/March I hope this is the case

It's pretty obvious at this point that they are well over 200...

And we're pretty sure they were stockpiling GP cars to keep the line running while getting the bulk of US sigs delivered and CDN Sigs through regulatory.

I don't think it's obvious at all. They are ~ VIN 1700+ in Assembly. Take away 1100 VINS for Sigs and some marketing vehicles that were in the 1200 range, that gives roughly 600 vehicles at the 12/1 mark. Q3 call was on 11/5. Sounds more like they are right around 200/week of GP cars give or take with a few straggling Sigs left in, but it's a stretch to say well over.

I visited the Tesla store in DC yesterday and spent about three hours there hanging out (had some time between business meetings). The staff told me in no uncertain terms that production has now ramped up to 400 per week.

And can we please stop using the staff at various stores to confirm production rate at the plant? It's been pretty obvious they don't have accurate information a lot of the time.

I'm not trying to be a downer but any illusions as to how many they are producing currently can lead to more people getting upset when their car isn't delivered by 1/1 or 2/1 or whenever, when the reality is Tesla didn't have the capability on 12/1 to produce 400 vehicles for the last month of the year.

T-minus 7 hours (or 8, or 9 depending...) until my Model S is delivered! I feel like an anxious father trying to have the baby room ready, everything in place. Woke at 6am for absolutely no reason and couldn't get back to sleep.

All the normal parental worries:
-will she be perfect, or will there be flaws that weren't seen by the "doctor" prior to delivery'
-will the 5 minute APGAR (charge level) be OK or will she require stimulation before she's ready to breathe on her own?
-am I really ready for this, I feel so unprepared, what if I do something wrong, will she grow up to hate me? How do I know just how to charger her. Will I charge her enough, too much...what if I don't charge her enough?
-I don't want to spoil her, she needs to be humble so others aren't overly jealous, but I want her to achieve all she can.
-ultimately, I want greatness for her, a chance to inspire others, set an example and to have offspring to carry on her family name and all that stands for.

I don't think it's obvious at all. They are ~ VIN 1700+ in Assembly. Take away 1100 VINS for Sigs and some marketing vehicles that were in the 1200 range, that gives roughly 600 vehicles at the 12/1 mark. Q3 call was on 11/5. Sounds more like they are right around 200/week of GP cars give or take with a few straggling Sigs left in, but it's a stretch to say well over.

And can we please stop using the staff at various stores to confirm production rate at the plant? It's been pretty obvious they don't have accurate information a lot of the time.

I'm not trying to be a downer but any illusions as to how many they are producing currently can lead to more people getting upset when their car isn't delivered by 1/1 or 2/1 or whenever, when the reality is Tesla didn't have the capability on 12/1 to produce 400 vehicles for the last month of the year.

I'm a little confused by what you're trying to say. Production VINs appear to actually start around 1250, so that's actually more like 500. However, the first production delivery was announced less than a week ago. Either they were stockpiling them or they're producing a lot more than 200 a week. You can't have it both ways.

I'm a little confused by what you're trying to say. Production VINs appear to actually start around 1250, so that's actually more like 500. However, the first production delivery was announced less than a week ago. Either they were stockpiling them or they're producing a lot more than 200 a week. You can't have it both ways.

I think it's fairly obvious they were stockpiling.

T-minus 7 hours (or 8, or 9 depending...) until my Model S is delivered! I feel like an anxious father trying to have the baby room ready, everything in place. Woke at 6am for absolutely no reason and couldn't get back to sleep.

All the normal parental worries:
-will she be perfect, or will there be flaws that weren't seen by the "doctor" prior to delivery'
-will the 5 minute APGAR (charge level) be OK or will she require stimulation before she's ready to breathe on her own?
-am I really ready for this, I feel so unprepared, what if I do something wrong, will she grow up to hate me? How do I know just how to charger her. Will I charge her enough, too much...what if I don't charge her enough?
-I don't want to spoil her, she needs to be humble so others aren't overly jealous, but I want her to achieve all she can.
-ultimately, I want greatness for her, a chance to inspire others, set an example and to have offspring to carry on her family name and all that stands for.
Update:
Ugh, the delivery truck driver just called, can't make it here until tomorrow morning. I'll take delivery b/w 8-10am at my office. Shoot.

Update:
Ugh, the delivery truck driver just called, can't make it here until tomorrow morning. I'll take delivery b/w 8-10am at my office. Shoot.

Ouch! Just remember that when it's all over, you'll have a beautiful baby!

- - - Updated - - -

My car is being delivered at 10:00 this morning. Ben Bird from Tampa is delivering it; he has been great about followup.
VIN S00692

Performance Signature S
Pearl White
Obeche Matte
White Interior
Grey Wheels

I'd love to see some photos of your configuration. Sounds stunning!

I visited the Tesla store in DC yesterday and spent about three hours there hanging out (had some time between business meetings). The staff told me in no uncertain terms that production has now ramped up to 400 per week.
Before anyone uses this as the basis for profit estimates, it's clear that they're doing this with 2 shifts, not with 1.

In which case DrDave's statement that "They are ~ VIN 1700+ in Assembly" is not accurate. They are ~ VIN 1700+ in deliveries, but we don't know how many cars have been produced and are sitting at the factory waiting for delivery. Chances are the VINs of the cars coming off the line now are considerably higher.

Don't forget also that they have been producing some VIN 2xxx cars for Canada Sig's in parallel. (and soon we'll see a jump to >2200 when US jumps over the Canadian sig vin range)