Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bank of America excellent to work with!

delivery of Rez 9960, vin 04923 expected on Tuesday 2/26/13. Tesla communication has been a little hit and miss and my delivery has bounced around to several different people, but one process that has been smooth as silk is Bank of America.

first off they have the best rate 2% with an APR of 2.16. Second they will loan you 90% of the price of the car in line 1A of your MVPA. third their customer service is top notch and very responsive. Fourth they know the Model S so there are no stupid questions asking if you're buying a golf cart---they know its a high performance luxury automobile.

So if you're not financing with BOA, I urge you to reconsider.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome..I check my app everyday with no luck. just curious. could you share your seq #, when you finalized, signed pre-MVPA and what your specs are? 60 vs. 85? thanks...

Honestly I don't remember all my dates. I think I finalized in late November when we got notice they were raising the price. In my mind I had always told myself I'd get the car in late March or April, so delivery of feb 27 at 4pm at my home in Wenatchee WA is WAY ahead of that.

60khz battery. Gray with black roof. Air susp.

My VIN appeared this morning, 5779, my delivery window is 2/22 to 3/8.
I have not called Tesla, and i'm not planning on doing so, even thou I'm anxious... I'm going to let the system do it's job.
Alan

I disagree with that. I don't think you need to be a pest (as i have read in these threads) but calling once every other week is a good idea so as to verify YOU have done all YOU need to do. My experience has been that their communication is hit and miss but the PEOPLE are excellent when you talk to them.

I see you are in WA, I suggest you call Ali at Bell Square. She's takes care of business.

I'm trying to do a couple of things here. Trying to learn to be a more patient person, and seeing if the system does do it's job. I really believe that TMC needs to build and deliver cars as quickly as possible, i don't think that cars are lost in the production system. Cash flow is important to their success, so TMC and AJA have the same goal...

Alan

Bank of America excellent to work with!

first off they have the best rate 2% with an APR of 2.16. Second they will loan you 90% of the price of the car in line 1A of your MVPA. third their customer service is top notch and very responsive. Fourth they know the Model S so there are no stupid questions asking if you're buying a golf cart---they know its a high performance luxury automobile.

So if you're not financing with BOA, I urge you to reconsider.

Good advice.

I'd like to note that PenFed is excellent as well, as others here have experienced.

1.49% is their standard auto loan interest rate up to 5 years. I had considered a 6 year loan elsewhere. Local banks had them at 3.49 to 3.99%. KeyPoint CU only lends to certain counties in CA (and I'm in FL), so no go there.

PenFed = apply online, supply proof of income, supply the MVPA (they call it a purchase order), then a check gets overnighted.

Not sure what their max loan-to-value ratio is... I financed around 65% of a decked out P85.

Check is arriving tomorrow, picking the car up Friday :) (already available for pickup, but I'm in Chicago on business - flying back to Tampa Friday)

Anybody in the same situation than me?

P179 Can which at the time equalled P4650 US
Signed my pre-MPVA on Jan 17th and had trouble after, with some back and forth (had to resign pre-MPVA). Pre-MPVA crazyness ended on Jan 30th. Showing March/April estimate
Nothing since other than the Tesla Factory is building your Model S (no finalize your order button nor delivery window)
Sent an email to TM and they said I will receive a call from my DS 2-4 weeks prior to delivery
P's much higher than me got their delivery window and calls frome the DS

I didn't chose new red, non-air supension and 40kWh

????

Don't want to fall through the cracks

You won't fall through the cracks. It's your window of March/April that is still a few weeks away. I would hazard a guess that they will start building your car around the second week of March and have it to you by the end of the month. So, you'll hear from them in about two weeks requesting insurance information etc., then, of course, due to batching and an absolute complete lack of internal information flow from the production department, anything is possible after that.

All conjecture...of course...because that's all we can rely on. Experience is hard to justify here.

Signed my pre-MPVA on Jan 17th and had trouble after, with some back and forth (had to resign pre-MPVA). Pre-MPVA crazyness ended on Jan 30th. Showing March/April estimate
Nothing since other than the Tesla Factory is building your Model S (no finalize your order button nor delivery window)
Sent an email to TM and they said I will receive a call from my DS 2-4 weeks prior to delivery

????

I am in the exact same situation. Similar configuration. I signed my pre-mVPA Jan 9th, also had some back and forth, resigned pre-MVPA Jan 22nd. Verbally told the car would be built in Jan/Feb as a guesstimate, and beginning of March arrival. No button, nothing. I think we will be batched the same. Hopefully it will arrive before the end of March. You are lucky, your Quebec rebate is larger than ours in BC, and ours is expiring the end of March. In the meantime I am checking for that magical red button 2-3 times a day!

????

My dad's in a similar situation. Initially signed the pre-MVPA on 18-Jan, after some back and forth realized that it never went through and re-signed about a week ago. Verbally told it would be completed in March, but no button yet. The car will be an 85kwh one though, so it'll probably be batched different than yours (we were hoping it would get in on this most recent 85kwh batch, but based on no delivery button, it keeps getting less and less likely).

**UPDATE**
Just got the email with a delivery window of 09-Mar to 23-Mar. Glad to see the car didn't fall through the cracks!

Last edited:
W00t!!! Just got my delivery windows! March 9th - 23rd!

Mark Your Calendar.png

My dad's in a similar situation. Initially signed the pre-MVPA on 18-Jan, after some back and forth realized that it never went through and re-signed about a week ago. Verbally told it would be completed in March, but no button yet. The car will be an 85kwh one though, so it'll probably be batched different than yours (we were hoping it would get in on this most recent 85kwh batch, but based on no delivery button, it keeps getting less and less likely).

**UPDATE**
Just got the email with a delivery window of 09-Mar to 23-Mar. Glad to see the car didn't fall through the cracks!

That is weird. People getting earlier delivery dates with later delivery button. I got my button last week and my windows is Match 13-27

got vin 5776 monday via app. spoke to DS today. got full vin. She said car was complete and "awaiting transport" to Chicago svc center, then 2-3 days to detal, then the Chicago svc center manager (Lee) would contact me to arrange delivery from Chicago to Minnesota. She estimated 2 weeks until it is my driveway. Final MVPA within 24hours.

anyone have insight into transit times ??

????

My understanding is they haven't built any 40kWh. I called Tesla when the "price is going up" email came out and was told that air suspension and 60 or 85 is mandatory unless you want to wait 9+ months. You appear to have made two bad choices. Sorry.