Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many VINs so fast...

OK called and got my VIN. #6602 One step closer. Also, as part of the call I got an explanation of why all of a sudden we have seen so many VIN's and not many in the web or APP. They have changed their process to generate VINs earlier to help people get paperwork and financing in order. Cars aren't moving along any faster. They have just created a virtual que prior to the 1st stage of production that pre-asigns the VIN numbers. Either way 1 more piece to the puzzle. Just got my power ran today so all I need is the MS.

OK called and got my VIN. #6602 One step closer. Also, as part of the call I got an explanation of why all of a sudden we have seen so many VIN's and not many in the web or APP. They have changed their process to generate VINs earlier to help people get paperwork and financing in order. Cars aren't moving along any faster. They have just created a virtual que prior to the 1st stage of production that pre-asigns the VIN numbers. Either way 1 more piece to the puzzle. Just got my power ran today so all I need is the MS.

Thanks for the TIP !! That's a good improvement!

My VIN #6004 appeared on my Tesla iPhone app late afternoon yesterday ... meaning that my car is already at the end of the assembly line!!

At over 400 cars a week, you should get yours appearing in a few days !! What is your delivery window?

I called as well and got #6607... must be heading down the line together. Current target for end of line is March 4th.

Also, as part of the call I got an explanation of why all of a sudden we have seen so many VIN's and not many in the web or APP. They have changed their process to generate VINs earlier to help people get paperwork and financing in order.

That's a good move. I got my VIN from the App, my car has been at the service centre for several days but the check from PenFed only came today. Now I need the paperwork to get the license so I can pick it up. Had the VIN been given a couple of weeks prior to it being on the App, I'd be driving it today.

Thus far my experience with Tesla has been stellar. I reserved the car on 12/31 reservation # 17,483. I configured it on 1/29 and today received my VIN 6102. Blue/grey 85 air tech 19". I should receive the car the end of next week. I have the pre-Tesla grin.

Goodness, I kinda feel left behind. I finally received my VIN last week-3158-and my car will likely be arriving at the Columbus Service Center tomorrow. 2-3 day prep and I can finally pick it up. I have no idea what happened during the whole process to cause the delay, but I can't wait to finally drive it around!

Got my VIN today by calling as well, 6618. P85 silver with everything except children seats and armor. 21 inch silver wheels. Pick up at service center in Chicago. Delivery date range March 11-25. Reserved in early December forgot the exact date #15810. Finalized on January 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, since everyone else is doing it... I called today to get my VIN in order to make sure financing went smoothly, and asked a few questions along the way.

Learned today:
VIN #6354
Rep said "it's not yet in assembly" but thought it will be next week, and then with delivery to Seattle, "should arrive near the end of the window" - I didn't sense tremendous confidence there, but I'm not worrying. (Interesting that folks above with higher VINs are already in assembly.)

The walkthrough:
R# 18,577
Reserved 1/23/13
Finalized 2/5/13
Order Complete 2/7/13
Delivery Button 2/10/13 (biggest surprise of the bunch)
Delivery Window 3/1/13-3/15/13

Specs are optimized for speed of delivery (plus awesomeness): 85Kwh, Grey/Black/Obeche Glossy, Tech Package, Air Suspension, Pano Roof

On on!

Goodness, I kinda feel left behind. I finally received my VIN last week-3158-and my car will likely be arriving at the Columbus Service Center tomorrow. 2-3 day prep and I can finally pick it up. I have no idea what happened during the whole process to cause the delay, but I can't wait to finally drive it around!

3158??? Wow, you did get left behind. Your car should have been built a month and half ago. Did it get lost in some dark corner of the factory? (It is an awfully large factory.)

Based on recent VINs and Deliver buttons, I'd say its pretty clear they are batching/producing 85s exclusively now. And given the goal to actually have a profit this quarter, I'd be shocked if they didn't do as many 85s the rest of Q1 before 60s (which might mean no 60s in March). If its the case, sucks as that means I just missed a batch of 60s since I had to wait 2 weeks to sign my Pre-MVPA because of my crappy HOA. I hate my HOA.

Reservation # 15,807
Reserved 12/13/12
Invitation to configure 1/21/13
MVPA - 1/22/13
Delivery button - 2/10/13 with a projected delivery window of March 1 - 15
Received VIN 6313 (by calling) - 2/22/13

projected end of factory line - March 5
P85 - Grey, Pano roof, rear spoiler, 21" silver, grey nappa, piano black, tech, sound, active air, rear facing seats, parcel shelf, twin chargers, HPWC.

Based on recent VINs and Deliver buttons, I'd say its pretty clear they are batching/producing 85s exclusively now. And given the goal to actually have a profit this quarter, I'd be shocked if they didn't do as many 85s the rest of Q1 before 60s (which might mean no 60s in March). If its the case, sucks as that means I just missed a batch of 60s since I had to wait 2 weeks to sign my Pre-MVPA because of my crappy HOA. I hate my HOA.

My DS told me this week that my car is scheduled for production the week of March 4. 60kwh, supercharged, air, blue/tan/ob matt, stereo, tech, shelf. Finalized nov. 24. #5339, no vin yet.

Checked the site and found my Delivery button a little before 9pm Eastern! Submitted a little while ago and got a window of March 6-20 - nice because winter should be nearly over by then. When I reserved last fall I expected to get the car in July or August - excited to have it much earlier. No VIN yet.

Reservation 13743: Nov 11 2012
Config email: Jan 11 2013
Config submitted: Jan 22
Paperwork complete: Jan 23
Delivery button appeared/submitted: Feb 10
Delivery window: Mar 6-20

Received VIN 6006 by email: Feb 21
Received call from Tesla Feb 22 with additional information in response to my emailed questions. It does appear they're assigning VINs earlier to help with insurance and registration. He looked up something and said my car would go into production in 2-3 days, would take about 5 days in production, and another week to ship across the country. Allowing for some cleanup/prep in the Watertown (Boston) service center, he expects I'll have the car "in mid-March" - in the center of my delivery window. Hope the snow is all gone by then - they're forecasting another 6 inches tonight...

This morning the app first recognized I have a car and showed me the VIN, but of course doesn't let me do anything because app remote access is off.

Hmm. Ok. I've been tracking assigned VINs lately because it is a good way to keep track of production rate. But after this change, I'll have to switch to just tracking VINs found in the app since that is the only way to know if the car has entered production.

So my two most spaced data points before this change is then:
Jan.17th 3832
Feb. 17th 6004

2172 cars in a month, 70 per day and thus 490 per week. Nice :)

After using the app as data points:
Feb.5th 4874
Feb. 21st 6004 (same as above but found in the app at this date)

71 cars per day, 494 per week.

The production rate seems very consistent and probably a lot closer to 500/week than 400/week.