Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Event on June 10, 2021 [Rescheduled] - What to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S/X delays seem much longer than part, chip, or firmware updates would require. Perhaps I'm overly optimistic, but I'm hoping Tesla has some something to announce on June 3rd that will make me feel the Model S/X enhancements will be well worth the wait.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
I have feeling new taillights will be shown. It must be very difficult to market this spaceship with taillights that were kind of old when they came out nearly a decade ago..
They can leave the shape the same, but for the love of god put a diffuser in the taillights! The Matrix LED looks horrible. Only thing that’s stopping me from buying one

The Model S/X delays seem much longer than part, chip, or firmware updates would require. Perhaps I'm overly optimistic, but I'm hoping Tesla has some something to announce on June 3rd that will make me feel the Model S/X enhancements will be well worth the wait.

History shows that most likely Tesla made the new refresh overly complicated or created some new tech that wasn't quite ready yet, perhaps with software requiring more updates, etc. Likely the steering wheel, lack of shifters/stalks, and autoshift functionality that has to be very failproof (and sure will have "beta" next to it).

Similar but not as bad as the original X, way over complicated and due to that ~2+ years late.

History shows that most likely Tesla made the new refresh overly complicated or created some new tech that wasn't quite ready yet, perhaps with software requiring more updates, etc. Likely the steering wheel, lack of shifters/stalks, and autoshift functionality that has to be very failproof (and sure will have "beta" next to it).

Similar but not as bad as the original X, way over complicated and due to that ~2+ years late.
Yeah I just don’t get it, absolutely no reason to change the steering wheel and to remove the stalks. Unnecessary complication.

Yeah I just don’t get it, absolutely no reason to change the steering wheel and to remove the stalks. Unnecessary complication.

The way Elon’s mind oversimplifies things I am sure he truly believes FSD is actually happening next month and with no stalks and the yoke steering that it will allow the entire steering /driving system to recess into the dash almost completely flush. Could not do that with stalks and the 1/2 top of the wheel. Total conjecture on my part but seems very “Elony”

I seriously doubt that the new cars have any facility to "fold away" the steering wheel. That would be insanely complicated, and we are years away from actual autonomous driving to the point the steering wheel can disappear. And on top of that, even with FSD, there will ALWAYS be edge cases where a driver would need to quickly take over - there wouldn't be time to wait for the steering wheel to unfold. Elon has had a hard-on for yoke steering wheels for years, and he finally got it through. See: Occam's Razor. Or as Sigmund Freud said: "It doesn't mean anything, Anna. It's only a dream. Sometimes a banana is just a banana"