Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Event on June 10, 2021 [Rescheduled] - What to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seriously doubt that the new cars have any facility to "fold away" the steering wheel. That would be insanely complicated, and we are years away from actual autonomous driving to the point the steering wheel can disappear. And on top of that, even with FSD, there will ALWAYS be edge cases where a driver would need to quickly take over - there wouldn't be time to wait for the steering wheel to unfold. Elon has had a hard-on for yoke steering wheels for years, and he finally got it through. See: Occam's Razor. Or as Sigmund Freud said: "It doesn't mean anything, Anna. It's only a dream. Sometimes a banana is just a banana"

Recessing flush into the dash, no stalks, is far different from an origami steering wheel you are envisioning 🤣

Reactions: Tigers
Hmmmm
Rushing to get cars shipped. Getting calls from sales to swap a + order for a June Plaid delivery. What, not enough demand for currently produced Plaid?

As much as it hurt to wait three months on my P85D, I was very glad not to get all the problems Tesla shipped in the first three months. It would seem as though that would be a safe route this time as well given the push to ship these cars.

Reactions: AMPd
I am also optimistic about the 3rd. But I was also psyched when Elon told us the cars were in production and deliveries would begin in February
i believe he will say that plaids are being delivered immediately and will be vague regarding LR deliveries.
But it is quite possible he just might be blowing smoke up my butt
Hopefully Elon tells LR purchasers that limbic resonance is also in store for us. 😆

Hmmmm
Rushing to get cars shipped. Getting calls from sales to swap a + order for a June Plaid delivery. What, not enough demand for currently produced Plaid?

As much as it hurt to wait three months on my P85D, I was very glad not to get all the problems Tesla shipped in the first three months. It would seem as though that would be a safe route this time as well given the push to ship these cars.
Shoulda taken the offer :)

• Funny
Reactions: HankLloydRight
At this point I don’t even know what to believe.
Drove by Fremont factory on Friday, saw quite a few car haulers, all model y and 3’s

Was kinda disappointed i would have assumed a few model S’s would be shipping out to deliver after the 10th but nope didn’t see any. If I had to guess I’d say they’ll delay it again or there won’t be any actual deliveries but rather more info followed by more waiting.

Drove by Fremont factory on Friday, saw quite a few car haulers, all model y and 3’s

Was kinda disappointed i would have assumed a few model S’s would be shipping out to deliver after the 10th but nope didn’t see any. If I had to guess I’d say they’ll delay it again or there won’t be any actual deliveries but rather more info followed by more waiting.

@omarsultan has a confirmed picked up for the event on June 10th.

• Love
Reactions: AMPd

Probably Youtubers and the Jay Lenos of the world get theirs that day.

Real Mars has a picture of a lot somewhere in Fremont full of Plaid Ss. Guessing they will all go to people who can pick them up at the factory this weekend and save the haulers for all the 3s and Ys they need to ship now that they aren’t waiting for lumbar chips and are just shipping without them (hopefully they are using what they do have on the Plaid S). The end of quarter push is on and they likely have many more orders for cheaper cars that appear to be much easier and faster to build.

The latest Tesla website Model S configurator for my order now shows the Tempest wheels as having a dark smoky grey shade instead of the previous brushed silver shade. There is still no estimated delivery date for my Model S (ordered March 12th). It will be interesting to see what else is revealed at the June 10th Model S delivery event. I'm still wondering if 4680 cells will be among the announcements for the refreshed models.

The latest Tesla website Model S configurator for my order now shows the Tempest wheels as having a dark smoky grey shade instead of the previous brushed silver shade. There is still no estimated delivery date for my Model S (ordered March 12th). It will be interesting to see what else is revealed at the June 10th Model S delivery event. I'm still wondering if 4680 cells will be among the announcements for the refreshed models.
There will be a ton of very upset plaid+ reservation holders if the plaid cars have 4680 cells.

Why would they be upset? They can get 98% of the performance for a much lower price. 1.99 0-60 instead of 1.9? Sure there is slightly less range but the cost savings is pretty significant.
Because we've been sitting on reservations for a 4680 car that just got cancelled. If I was willing to pay more to get the first 4680 car and the Plaid gets 4680, I'm sitting here with a worthless reservation and no car. Or I have to change my reservation back to a normal plaid and wait however long to get the Plaid when I could have had it on launch day if Elon would have just explained what was going on.

Reactions: DukeofURL
Because we've been sitting on reservations for a 4680 car that just got cancelled. If I was willing to pay more to get the first 4680 car and the Plaid gets 4680, I'm sitting here with a worthless reservation and no car. Or I have to change my reservation back to a normal plaid and wait however long to get the Plaid when I could have had it on launch day if Elon would have just explained what was going on.
I wouldn't hold my breath expecting the 4680 battery pack in the Plaid. It's an entirely new chassis required for the 4680 pack as it's a structural battery.