Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, folks. I have a home delivery window confirmed now for Dec 12-26, but no VIN.
No phone call, just an email to confirm delivery details, which walks you through a few steps on the web site, and that's how I learned the delivery window.
But still no VIN.
Is that normal?
I agree with kjwcanary. Yesterday, I inquired about my VIN via email and received a reply within 30 minutes. Right after that, I got a delivery window and other instructions. I'm pretty sure the VIN comes before the delv. window. Good luck!

Once there was a snail who was tired of being slow. He went out and bought a really fast sports car and had the dealer paint a big 'S' on each side of it.

Whenever someone saw him zooming past in his new car, they would say, "Hey, look at that S-car go!"

Yes, this is similar to a classic line from "Trading Places." An old geezer with a young blonde tells this joke at a restaurant while Billy Ray Valentine is watching through the window in the pouring rain. That's his girl!

I just received my email!!! It's available for delivery. P3385 VIN1708

Gonna try and get it tomorrow morning

Blue, 85, non perf, textile seats!

aslkdhsjklehdalskdjhas;dhasl I'm excited

Congratz!!! Please share pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

As promised, my DS was waiting for me at the airport when my flight landed at FLL (at 9:15pm!). He picked me up in TMC's F-150 and drove me to the Dania Beach service center, where we filled out the DMV paperwork and I was on my way! I can't say enough about the Dania Beach team. They are extraordinary. As is the car, of course, but everyone here already knows that.

Congratz!! aviator99.

Yes, this is similar to a classic line from "Trading Places." An old geezer with a young blonde tells this joke at a restaurant while Billy Ray Valentine is watching through the window in the pouring rain. That's his girl!

Actually, it's Louis Winthorp III (played by ClearwaterBchSteve's avatar) looking through the window in the pouring rain as Billy Ray Valentine (Capricorn!) is sitting at the beautiful upscale restaurant enjoying the meal and the "s-car-go" joke as told by the head of the NYSE. (Spoiler alert) The same guy who tells the joke later takes the Dukes' seats on the Exchange after they go broke betting on the Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice (FCOJ) market because of a false crop report provided by Winthorp and Valentine.

I've made this joke a thousand times since I got the car ("Look at that S Car Go!"), but have yet to find the clip on You Tube.

R487
Perf 21" CF pearl white. Worst case options package

Had window of dec 11-25, no VIN despite asking

Yesterday notified ready for pickup. Vin 1469

Woo hoo!

Awesome! When are you picking it up?

- - - Updated - - -

Sig Performance VIN 1062 (red with black interior and CF accents, I believe) delivered yesterday in Broward County, Florida. It's a friend who is not on the boards at all. He loves the car, is a bit overwhelmed by the touchscreen, and already has the new software update.

Any chance you know his sequence number too? Congrats on him getting his car!

Any chance you know his sequence number too? Congrats on him getting his car!

No idea. He doesn't know either. The short story is, he was about to order a Fisker, called me, I talked him out of the Fisker and into the Model S (not a hard sell!), he ordered it and basically did nothing until they contacted him to schedule delivery. In other words, the complete opposite of all of us obsessives on this board! ;)

This all happened over the summer, so he was definitely over 1000, probably in the range of 1200 or so if I had to guess. Sorry I don't have more details, but I'd have to log onto teslamotors.com with him to see his sequence number, and he couldn't have cared less.

- - - Updated - - -

Love how you put in a (Spoiler alert) for a 30 year old movie that I (and probably many others) have seen dozens of times.

I have learned from painful experience that if you don't do that on the internet for any movie or TV show made since WWII you will get flamed for ruining the movie for some poor soul! So it was about 90% sarcastic and 10% just-in-case. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's Louis Winthorp III (played by ClearwaterBchSteve's avatar) looking through the window in the pouring rain as Billy Ray Valentine (Capricorn!) is sitting at the beautiful upscale restaurant enjoying the meal and the "s-car-go" joke as told by the head of the NYSE. (Spoiler alert) The same guy who tells the joke later takes the Dukes' seats on the Exchange after they go broke betting on the Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice (FCOJ) market because of a false crop report provided by Winthorp and Valentine.

I've made this joke a thousand times since I got the car ("Look at that S Car Go!"), but have yet to find the clip on You Tube.

I am slapping myself silly over this blatant error!!! It's Billy Ray (once you've had a man with no legs...) who's at the table cozying up to the geezer's blonde!! "Trading Places" is the first VCR tape I ever bought, but I don't use that technology anymore, obviously. I must rent the movie to get over my extreme shame!! :redface:

My favorite part is when Louis is dressed as Santa, drunk on the city bus eating salmon that's stuck in his fake beard. If I get this wrong, I should rightfully be banned from this forum!

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION. I'll slap myself again just for good measure.

Just a suggestion: Maybe it's about time to reverse-sort the delivery spreadsheet. We're mostly interested at recent/upcoming deliveries, and scrolling to the bottom isn't as painless as it once was. Thoughts?

Google Spreadsheets automatically put form data at the very end of the spreadsheet, so that wouldn't really work. The sorting of the spreadsheet isn't persistent, so I'd have to re-do it for any new rows added.

I am slapping myself silly over this blatant error!!! It's Billy Ray (once you've had a man with no legs...) who's at the table cozying up to the geezer's blonde!! "Trading Places" is the first VCR tape I ever bought, but I don't use that technology anymore, obviously. I must rent the movie to get over my extreme shame!! :redface:

My favorite part is when Louis is dressed as Santa, drunk on the city bus eating salmon that's stuck in his fake beard. If I get this wrong, I should rightfully be banned from this forum!

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION. I'll slap myself again just for good measure.

Don't feel bad -- you are right about the salmon, which is a great part of the movie, but it's all very funny.

And I also apologize for the OT discussion, but in fairness, Elon really started this by insisting that the volume go to 11, so really we're all just following his lead by looking to movies from the 80s for inspiration related to the Model S, and the "Look at the S Car Go!" is about as relevant to the Model S as anything from that era, although obviously not on this thread.

Don't feel bad -- you are right about the salmon, which is a great part of the movie, but it's all very funny.

And I also apologize for the OT discussion, but in fairness, Elon really started this by insisting that the volume go to 11, so really we're all just following his lead by looking to movies from the 80s for inspiration related to the Model S, and the "Look at the S Car Go!" is about as relevant to the Model S as anything from that era, although obviously not on this thread.
I missed out on the Fletch thread. Let's start up an off topic thread for "Movie quotes suitable for Model S owners" or something to that affect?

P#130 Performance/Brown/Tan/Carbon Fiber/85W/21" Silver Wheels to be delivered to Arizona with delivery window 12/9-12/23. Finally! Just got the email. Looks like Telsa has financing available through both Wells Fargo and B of A. Also asked if I wanted the factory to install a front license plate holder (no for Arizona). Can't Wait!

Hey Kishdude. Our cars must be siblings (if not twins). I have the exact same configuration and a VIN within about 100 of yours. I've got a delivery window of 12/11-12/25 and I'm in Los Angeles. Exciting times! I'll post if I hear any update and please do the same.

So I am still expecting delivery of R# 205 next week (late next week, probably Thursday or Friday) but don't have my "firm" date yet.

However, one interesting thing that I've learned is that Tesla is 'sold out' of 19" wheels. This means I can't get the winter tire package, at least not right away. But I'm guessing that this situation is also having some effect on the Model S production schedule, specifically delaying non-Perf orders with 19" wheels (or Perf res holders who elected to throw away the 21s and order 19s). Is this consistent with the experience of those who have a 19" wheel model S with a window?

I've heard the backorder is 7-10 days or something on those wheels.