Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from Tesla yesterday asking if I wanted to change my order from Plaid+ to Plaid. We talked for about 5 minutes then I told the caller no. I had thought about it but the range 520+ range of the Plaid+ is a critical factor for me.

Anyone else get a call like that?
Yesterday, they left a message. I just got off the phone with the CS, he told me the "Plaid+ was moved back to mid 2022, and asked if I would I like to get priority on a Plaid?". I asked when it would be delivered, he said within the next few weeks, by end of quarter. I will wait.

Reactions: HumanInput
The point of the EV incentive is to provide a $ incentive to buy an EV rather than a polluting ICE car. So a $10K incentive that causes someone to buy a base M3 instead of an Accord still costs the Feds $10K, but results in replacing a 30MPG car with an EV. Good.

But the $10K incentive on a $150K car results in replacing a 10MPG car with an EV. Isn't the more value and benefit to the environment for the same cost?

Why continue to encourage high-end high-polluting luxury and super cars when there would be far more bang-for-the-buck to extend the EV incentive to this group?

I emailed my congressman both senators and the president. I suggest others do as well:

Last edited:
Yesterday, they left a message. I just got off the phone with the CS, he told me the "Plaid+ was moved back to mid 2022, and asked if I would I like to get priority on a Plaid?". I asked when it would be delivered, he said within the next few weeks, by end of quarter. I will wait.
It may be that plaid after a few months of deliveries, turns out to be a compelling car, while the plus keeps getting pushed out like the roadster.

Wait and see is a good approach if you were already waiting...

Last edited:
Just spoke with an SA in San Diego. She said, “your reservation isn’t matched so your delivery will be next quarter.”

Wth??

D300FF8E-EA59-438F-AF01-8E8CA385D295.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer
Just spoke with an SA in San Diego. She said, “your reservation isn’t matched so your delivery will be next quarter.”

Wth??

View attachment 666955
I'm wondering if the attribute "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true from the web page is the same thing. That's what I have (ie not matched). Does anyone see a value of "false" here? For those with narrow June delivery timeframes or with Plaid orders, would you please check and let us know? I would think those with value of false here will see their deliveries in June. (From your browser, view the page source and search for this)

Reactions: T-Racer
I'm wondering if the attribute "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true from the web page is the same thing. That's what I have (ie not matched). Does anyone see a value of "false" here? For those with narrow June delivery timeframes or with Plaid orders, would you please check and let us know? I would think those with value of false here will see their deliveries in June. (From your browser, view the page source and search for this)
I just looked at this on my LR order and my Plaid order. LR is listed as August delivery and Plaid is listed as June delivery but they both show "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true

Any LR owners get a call to switch? If they called me and asked me to switch to plaid and I could get a direct answer from them promising me a June delivery I probably would. If anyone else gets a call can you please ask about LR deliveries?
I would assume NO. I believe the reason for call is to get plaid+ orders off the books and put people into a car that will definitely be manufactured. If I ordered a plaid+, I would not be certain that the car will ever be produced. My SA told me that he personally had not had any plaid+ orders.
On the other hand, it is quite possible that Tesla just wants to sell more cars this quarter/year.
This is merely speculation on my part.

The point of the EV incentive is to provide a $ incentive to buy an EV rather than a polluting ICE car. So a $10K incentive that causes someone to buy a base M3 instead of an Accord still costs the Feds $10K, but results in replacing a 30MPG car with an EV. Good.

But the $10K incentive on a $150K car results in replacing a 10MPG car with an EV. Isn't the more value and benefit to the environment for the same cost?

Why continue to encourage high-end high-polluting luxury and super cars when there would be far more bang-for-the-buck to extend the EV incentive to this group?

I emailed my congressman both senators and the president. I suggest others do as well:
All of that makes sense, but, politicians rarely do sensible things. Besides, it makes it look like feds are subsidizing expensive toys for rich people and that won’t sit well with progressives