Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CAR DELIVERED!!! Finally got my Plaid S MSM Black Interior Ebony Wood Trim 21'' arachnid wheels.
I have been driving a 2019 Model S performance. Observations thus far:
1) Car is F&*king Incredible
2) Drive, handling, acceleration, all amazing. Crazy it is faster then Model S performance which was sooo fast.
3) Much quieter then 2019. My older S was loud when going fast on frwy, this car has much better sound control
4) Yoke steering took me about 10 min to get used to, now feels totally comfortable. Also gives you a much better view of dash, and road.
5) The A/C is, which in SoCal is crucial, is %1000 better.
6) The interior just feels higher quality all around. Small details really improved on
7) UI is great, but is going to take me the longest to get used to.
8) I saw in previous post people thinking the wood on black interior looked light, i assure you, at least in plaid, the ebony wood trim is very dark and looks great.
9) NEGATIVE- No SiriusXM. That is all I used, and want to use. If it is available I can not find it. Super bummed
10) I have not had chance to see if kids can watch Netflix in back while I drive, if they can not it will be the only other major disappointment for me.
11) I don't really see any need for the screen to tilt towards or away, it is really easy to see an operate from driver seat.

For those of us that have been waiting half a year or longer, I am happy to say I am not at all disappointed, it exceeds my expectations. Enjoy your deliveries as they come.
Congrats! Very excited to hear someone in LA has one. Can you post some photos of the black interior and wood?

is build date start, end, first charge, first wash or what criteria? Five days from build start to in your hands is impressive if that's the build start date
I suspect that's when it rolls off the production line and passes whatever inspection it needs to, before being transported to destination location.

Well.....

I have another VIN - different one than last time. Also EDD of 7/3-6.

Place your bets on if this one sticks and if not how long until the monkey takes it away.
The house always wins…except now, I’m all-in on @Hayseed_MS celebrating freedom in more ways than one by July 4th! 🎇

Well.....

I have another VIN - different one than last time. Also EDD of 7/3-6.

Place your bets on if this one sticks and if not how long until the monkey takes it away.
This one will stick! Second time is the charm. What are chances you’d get 2 issued and two removed? Hoping very remote!

Got my Plaid delivered today!

1. It is absolutely, hands-down, no questions asked, better in person than *any* photo or video I have seen so far. You just have to see it in person to experience it. Same with the acceleration. I did not gun it or launch it, but even going from 0 to 35mph had enough 'oomph' on it that I was floored!
  2. Interior is nicer, but has not jumped to other German car standards. Still is a substantial jump. Like that one video, everything feels nicer and more refined to touch.
  3. Absolutely no alignment issues on the outside. Extremely precise fit and finish across all panels. Rear interior doors do show that "misalignment" that was pointed out by @Tigers earlier on here. However, the gap between the panels is also large and is not helping the illusion of misalignment. Doesn't bother me though. Functionally, it's all perfect.
  4. Sound proofing is out of this world. My street was being repaved when the car was brought up. The delivery person and I could literally not hear each other on the street next to the car. We stepped inside and instantly we could converse in almost hushed/neutral tones. I did check with my Apple Watch, and outdoor reading was about 85-90dB with the noise and inside it was close to 45dB. This is when the car was off and no ANC.
  5. Black interior has a very subtle grey piping and contrast stitching. In my opinion (and mine alone), I think it looks more refined than the white with black piping. Like @omarsultan said, it gives a lot of depth to interiors.
  6. Shiny black calipers actually seem to match the theme of the rest of the car and even more striking on MSM.
  7. Delivery person confirmed that the 21" Arachnids are die-cast and not forged.
  8. This particular car had a build date of 6/19. So, it's not one of those off of the Fremont holding lot.
  9. Delivery person confirmed ~35 cars delivered in Seattle area with ~25 Plaids, ~10 LRs, and at least 5 with (silver) Tempest wheels.
  10. On the Yoke - I took a 20 min drive around the neighborhood with roundabouts, 90 degree turns, and 3-point turns. In my opinion (again, mine alone) the Yoke is also one of those things you should wait to experience before judging. I was 100% immediately comfortable with it with no weird hand on hand locks or finding my hands in odd places. Speed limits in my 20 min drive ranged from 25 - 55mph. I do consider myself pretty fast at adapting to new things however. And I was one of those who used to reach for the non-existent gear shifter in my first Tesla and the non-existent gear stalk in my ICE for a solid 1 year when I was cross-driving them. Yoke is the one that surprised me the most in terms of how much I immediately liked it and saw how it benefited the experience. Verdict is still out on how it fares on long drives and sudden reactions at highway speeds.
  11. My car did not come with license plate frames. SA said he will look into it to see if it was missed or if they're just not including it any more.

All-weather floor mats are arriving by Friday, so I will test their fit and will post here. Delivery person said the mats fit perfectly 100% including frunk and trunk based on what he observed on another car he delivered. He did point out that the 'tabs' on top of the rear seat mats do not extend that far below the front seats any more because of the larger legroom in the back. So, technically, the rear seat mat is 'ill fitting' rather than not fitting per se. I suspect they will modify it in the near future.
Congratulations! 🙂👍