Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know right? Nah this is fun lol. I love spreading good vibes.:)
Tesla should hire you to be their PR department. Although they’ll probably ruin you by putting you into the spotlight but not giving you any relevant information to share so I don’t know, could be a double edged sword.

Tesla should hire you to be their PR department. Although they’ll probably ruin you by putting you into the spotlight but not giving you any relevant information to share so I don’t know, could be a double edged sword.
Yeah probably not the best move lol.
If you are creating the vibes here, that would make you the forum vibrator, correct?
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT'S TRUE! Legendary post, my dude! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Hi All,

Well today was my Plaid delivery day! It was the culmination of a truly wild and completely unexpected journey that all started with an order in late January and the expectation that the Plaids would be rolling out shortly after. We all know how that story played out, so no need to beat a dead horse there. I'll just say that I truly appreciate the camaraderie that I found in this thread throughout this confusing and often disenchanting ride. I am thankful for this group who made the wait tolerable and far more enjoyable than if I would've gone it alone.

I'm happy to report that my delivery experience in Nashville was smooth and easy...well as easy as picking up a car 3.5 hours away can be. This is my second Tesla that I've picked up from this location and I find the staff here to be excellent. The irony of it all is that the brand new Knoxville Tesla service and delivery center just down the road from my house is about to start scheduling deliveries in the next "two weeks" or so. I never expected the timing of all that to be so close, especially since the Knoxville service center was officially announced by Elon in a tweet in December of 2018 and is just now getting up and running. Fun Fact: it is a converted former Sears Service Center. But I digress.

My car is everything I hoped it would be upon first inspection and impression. I don't have any great observations to offer at the moment, as I drove my (Tesla provided) rental car 3.5 hours there, took care of the paperwork, hopped in the Plaid and headed 4 hours directly back home in terrible I-40 traffic. I'll say that the sum of the exterior refresh work is very stunning in person. Also, I'm so glad I waited for the carbon fiber interior, it's what I truly wanted even though the promise of a faster delivery by switching to wood was tempting at the time. The interior is beautiful, functional and many levels above my old Model S in every comparable category. The Yoke is cool, I like it! I was a little worried about the turn signals, I don't mind those either. I had absolutely no opportunity to explore any performance capabilities, but there will be plenty of time for that soon. 😇

Thank you for reading my tome, I'll be working on some videos for my channel soon too. In the meantime here are a few pictures I took today. Oh and to those waiting, I hope it goes fast, it will be worth the wait.

View attachment 688987

View attachment 688988

View attachment 688989

View attachment 688990
This is my exact config, while Im so happy for you im pretty pissed that I ordered on battery day and have not so much as a EDD. 😡
Meanwhile I sold my '15 MS as a result of my SA telling me I would get a June delivery since I was so far up on the list.