Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome barey!!

Great to hear bareyb! It'll be here before you know it. :)

Thanks! I was just out in the garage planning the installation for the NEMA 1450. Got a nice spot all picked out. I was quoted $900.00 and they are going to earn it. ;)

I heard from my DS today via telephone and email and he confirmed the delivery date and time. So it looks mine is still on schedule. So there's a positive data point.

Thanks! I was just out in the garage planning the installation for the NEMA 1450. Got a nice spot all picked out. I was quoted $900.00 and they are going to earn it. ;)

I heard from my DS today via telephone and email and he confirmed the delivery date and time. So it looks mine is still on schedule. So there's a positive data point.

Must be very difficult/long run for $900 fee. But...congratulations on getting one step closer.

Must be very difficult/long run for $900 fee. But...congratulations on getting one step closer.

I agree--mine was $200. But then again it is right below the panel:

019B3DA6-CB40-4BFF-9432-20017CB419E9-6058-000003274548E98F_zpsbd248d86.jpg

I'm probably getting a little bit screwed because of where I live, but they have a good reputation and I'm tired of waiting for Solar America to call me back. They quoted me over the phone ($400.00 if i't within 5' of the Panel, $900.00 if it's anywhere else in the Garage). I'm hoping once they see the job they'll cut me some slack. It's going to be fairly difficult because I have a fully finished Garage. They'll need to crawl up in the ceiling to run the cable and they will have to fish the wire down the wall on both ends.

Personally, I would try to get quotes from two different independent outfits. Basically material cost is about $2/foot for the wire; $30 for breaker and depending on the type of outlet $15-35. Figure $50/hour for time. Running wire behind walls is easy for an electrician. Good luck.

My car with VIN 23170 went into production Wednesday, Oct 2. So should be here in a couple weeks! This is the second car - the first had a configuration problem (no pano roof!) so they had to build another. Was a real drag to have to wait another month after the first car was actually delivered but the wait will be worth it.

Hey that's right I remember that...hope the birthday weekend was still fun.

Glad you are getting it the way you want it. I love having the Pano.

Personally, I would try to get quotes from two different independent outfits. Basically material cost is about $2/foot for the wire; $30 for breaker and depending on the type of outlet $15-35. Figure $50/hour for time. Running wire behind walls is easy for an electrician. Good luck.

Our panel is on the inside of the house, through the wall of the the front of our garage and needed to run the wire to the back side where the MS will be parked. Probably 20 feet or so. First quote was 800 (using conduit). Second quote was 700, but they guy said he likes to quote high. Ended up 460 with 4 hours of labor ($67 per hour) and the rest in parts. They did run conduit.

I'm so bummed! I confirmed on 9-8 and received my VIN within hours. Scheduled to enter production 10-14 but now it got pushed to 10-21. I asked the DS why the change and he said they are putting priority on European deliveries this last quarter of the year so American orders are getting bumped. Argghhhh - the wait is agonizing! I guess those Europeans waited longer than me, but still...:mad:

I'm so bummed! I confirmed on 9-8 and received my VIN within hours. Scheduled to enter production 10-14 but now it got pushed to 10-21. I asked the DS why the change and he said they are putting priority on European deliveries this last quarter of the year so American orders are getting bumped. Argghhhh - the wait is agonizing! I guess those Europeans waited longer than me, but still...:mad:

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I confirmed on 9-8 too and so far they are still telling me October 24th. I'll hope I don't get bumped, but I'll prepare myself. I'm enjoying the anticipation (and also hating it) but I wouldn't want it to be any longer... I don't know how those guys that ordered early on were able to wait for two years. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky.

I live in Cupertino too. That will make four of us that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
I confirmed 9/9 and so far have been told 10/16 to 10/22. Upgraded to a P a week ago but told it likely would not affect delivery date. Have only gotten one email from the DS other than the exchange to update to a P. Hoping this will still happen on schedule.