Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you tell us more specifically about the "couple of very minor nits" so that the rest of us with imminent deliveries can look for them too? Thanks and congratulations.

I can tell you about mine, both of which I didn't notice until I'd driven away.

Smudge on the visor (I actually never looked up until I was almost home).

IMG_2592.jpg

The other was a tiny place where the leather on the steering wheel is not full held down in the underside of the crossbar. This is a fairly natural place for my to place my thumb and was bugging me.

I called the service center (different one than I picked up from since this one was closer) about the first thing and they said just drop by anytime and they'd try to clean it up and if not then they'd decide what to do from there.

Dropped by a few hours later and they cleaned it up. The guy that did it said it was probably best that I let them clean it since it would have been hard to get out. They looked at the steering wheel and determined that it should be replaced and have ordered the replacement for me.

While I was there I bought the tire locks and the tire repair kit that the excitement of delivery caused me to forget. They put the locks on for me while I waited.

Picked ours up yesterday! Confirmed 7/16 #52880. S85, Pano, Tech, Rear Seats

I have yet to examine it thoroughly in daylight, but if I find anything, I'll post here. So far nothing but awesomeness and a mile long list of people who want to ride in it.
View attachment 60088

Interesting that they already put the front plate mount on the nose cone. Did they ask before they did that or did they just do it. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with mine.

Vin 52410......pretty upset now since I paid extra for those parking sensors wonder if I can get some type of refund or something.....@ed Chan I'm assuming u have rear parking sensors as well? Did u order parking sensors and tech package ?

Unfortunately, no. They offered a price, you agreed on it. It's no different than a store lowering their price on an item after you've bought it. The store doesn't owe you a refund.

Although that doesn't make the bitter pill any easier to swallow...

Hi DIL ... I had the wheels and tires before the car by 3 months. Here is a picture of my wheel on the left, the 590 on the right of picture. Picture with tire mounted and TPMS installed. They liked how my wheels came out so they are using it in their catalogue. I did not like the large center cap on the 590. Jason at Avant Garde took great care of us. You can go to the sponsors area here and see what else they have. It might be a few weeks before I get the wheels on the car since we have some family issues across the country and the 19's will be our traveling car. BTW Jason knows Teslas so the wheels are custom made even to fit the irregular spindle.
M580 1.jpg
20140807_162927.jpg