Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this on the white delivery as well.. Estimated Delivery: November 22 - December 06 stayed the same but got a VIN 5YJSA1E68MF452522 I saw cars in the lot in Glendale that were newer than that. Hmmm,
I missed your message,...Congratulations on getting the VIN. Today got back my car after PPF. Got a very good store - superb quality. let me know if you need their contact - will be far from your location though. I've few minor fixes to be done - setup an appointment this Fri.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Update: Went to check on it and they think it is the main computer. Waiting for the mothership to confirm. Then I get to wait for a replacement - which they said they would expedite for a Friday delivery (if they are even available). Maybe the computer will have update software version? I asked if I could just get my money back...

Update Update: Per Tesla, it was a firmware that toasted the computer and a "known issue". They overnighted a new one, installed it immediately, had Fremont Engineering remotely confirm everything, and I picked it up this afternoon. The SC went above and beyond - they even put me in a MYP as a loaner.

Not holding my breath for the next SC visit. Starting a pool here on what will be next.

ETA: They way they described part of it was like a bad villain B movie. They stated the vehicle just woke itself up and tried to download an update on its own. They stopped it knowing it would just die again without the new computer.

Last edited:
Im a LR reservation holder im not going 200mph anywhere. You really don't like Hobart do you Bill? LOL
LMAO..........got nothing against Hobart at all. I hope you didn't read that into something I said? I'm originally from Rensselaer so I know where Hobart is and I've been there. Been a LONG time, but I've been there.

Everybody have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
Off The Mark.png

Update Update: Per Tesla, it was a firmware that toasted the computer and a "known issue". They overnighted a new one, installed it immediately, had Fremont Engineering remotely confirm everything, and I picked it up this afternoon. The SC went above and beyond - they even put me in a MYP as a loaner.

Not holding my breath for the next SC visit. Starting a pool here on what will be next.

ETA: They way they described part of it was like a bad villain B movie. They stated the vehicle just woke itself up and tried to download an update on its own. They stopped it knowing it would just die again without the new computer.
Christine?

That site isn't official and often has incorrect information. (It is currently only available to EAP, Early Access Program, members.)
I have a new 2021 model S I took delivery of the last day of September. I am not in the EAP program. Any idea whether I will eventually get the active noise reduction feature? I just downloaded 2021.40.6 and it says I have it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid