Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow lots of info there!! I know there were rumors about making some changes to the car maybe taillights and possible pause in production. Just curious I’m sitting still with no changes to EDD and it’s getting closer and closer and want to make sure I have time to get my car up for trade in and insurance and such. Hopefully will narrow from my month EDD soon and get that glorious VIN.
this is my second time through this - i had a vin and delivery date last month that yanked. things can move pretty fast but until you're at 2 weeks (which i'm finally at again) don't do very much.
you can open a DCU account if you want to go in that direction.
you can play around say with autotrader and see how that goes - i've been jerked around already, but one possibility - last month, things moved really fast, and i was going out of the country for the holidays so I was f'd - i "had" to agree to a trade in (or sell separately later on) - now I have the luxury - i should have my car about 1/20 per 3 SAs, (taken with a grain of salt, but i believe it) so i listed my current beast on autotrader 2 days ago, and went live yesterday after review.
if AutoTrader can get me $10k more we're in business. if only a few dollars more, i might just trade into tesla and avoid hassles.
i have my insurance lined up (sorta, no more vin, so will have to redo that, not a big deal)
i have my financing in place - it was hairy when looked like i'd have the car yesterday, now i have plenty of breathing room.
i did previously buy some flash drives, etc. for sentry and music. did a little research. bought some interior protectant. made a ceramic coating appointment that i had to break. that was about it.
TLDR; until your 4 weeks shrinks down to 2 weeks i really wouldn't do very much.

Hey, hey, hey...what does this have to do with mid-80's CRX's or GM's new EV truck? Let's try to stay on topic....

That said, I do agree, it's hard to believe there is so little in the way of screen protectors for the refresh.
I have 3 gross kids. I need the protector for fart mode. my middle kid actually has a small whoopie cushion on her keychain, and used to tell me her butt was broken, it has a crack in it.
yeah, a chip off the ol' block...

if AutoTrader can get me $10k more we're in business. if only a few dollars more, i might just trade into tesla and avoid hassles.
This is where I was, in the end I could've probably gotten about ~$2k over what Tesla was offering on trade-in, but I would've had to do a lot of shifting money and titles around. I didn't think it was worth the effort but when I think back, I still minorly regret leaving a few grand on the table in the name of convenience. It was super nice to just have them come and drop off my new car and take away the old one though!

Woooo-hooooo, @2021plaid !

My Plaid is downloading 2021.44.30. Hope to have screenshots and proof of track mode soon!

320B8AF8-0620-4D0C-93AB-34AC43B71633.png

This is where I was, in the end I could've probably gotten about ~$2k over what Tesla was offering on trade-in, but I would've had to do a lot of shifting money and titles around. I didn't think it was worth the effort but when I think back, I still minorly regret leaving a few grand on the table in the name of convenience. It was super nice to just have them come and drop off my new car and take away the old one though!
completely agree. i'm a cheap guy (thus the MS and not the plaid!) and there are pros and cons to each side. with autotrader i may have to pay off the old car, okay, not fatal, just not desirable. with the tesla trade in, i drive up "like a lady" and drive home with a new S (i hope). with AutoTrader i need my wife to drive me - if i can get her to leave early, i can sit in the car 2 hours, set up, look around, etc. -otherwise i'm under pressure (SC is right near a krispy kreme, so the kids LOVE going to tesla...for krispy kreme!)
Also, with AutoTrader, i have an extended warranty, prepaid service, etc. that a buyer can enjoy; with a trade in, that's gone, but i have an extra set of rims i can sell, and i can get a refund it hink for part of hte warranty at least - so there's pros and cons each way, but i think i can get thousands more with autotrader.
i haven't thought through my delta - if AT is less than $X more I'll do the trade. not sure of that number though. with the trade, i may get $1k to $1,500 for the wheels, and maybe another $750 or so warranty refund. plus the convenience, so there's some real value there.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM THIS IS WHY YOU REMAIN POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM THIS IS WHY YOU REMAIN POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I just gotta wait for it to come to the FSDBeta branch, haha

Fun times.

In addition to my '90 CRX Si, had an '85 CRX that I flipped on an off ramp I(black ice) in Latham NY in '86. My mother would not 'let' me get another, so I purchased a 200SX V6. Once I moved to SoCal, traded that in for a new '90 Si. Those things were amazing.It's 'replacement' the del Sol was not even mediocre, but a timid barbie ride compared to the raw fun of the original and '88 redesign.
Ahhh, the '85 Honda CRX. Mine was white with the gray accent. Kept it 7 years and 180K miles of economy and fun. I still remember the header on the cover of Road and Track introducing the original '84, "Honda CRX--Faster than the Lotus on slalom and skidpad...and $42,000 less!" After reading the article, I was hooked. Placed an order the next day and waited 5 months for delivery.

Hmmm. The more things change...