Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would recommend going with truly forged wheels instead of “flow forged”. A bit more expensive but lighter and stronger. There are a number of companies out there that sell them. I would recommend Signature Wheels as a possibility.
“Flow forged” are just rebranded “cast” wheels at a higher price. The drum may be rolled after casting, but all the spokes are still cast. Monoblock forged wheels are the way to go, if you are going the “forged” route. And, don’t forget those titanium lugs!

Last edited:
I'm guessing the conventional wisdom on this forum will trend towards rejecting this one in favor of the updated lights. I faced the same dilemma last week, and I chose to move forward with my delivery of an MSLR with the "old" lights.

Now that I actually have the car, I honestly don't care one bit about the updates, and I'm very happy with my decision. I'll bet 90% of Tesla buyers won't even notice the new lights (or be sad about receiving the "old" lights), unless they are glued to these forum posts like many of us are.
I concur, especially if your financing at a lower rate. The only exception would be if you drive a lot at night, then you might want the brighter leds.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I concur, especially if your financing at a lower rate. The only exception would be if you drive a lot at night, then you might want the brighter leds.
Since I’m generationally challenged (70’s) I pretty much don’t drive at night. So I’m not really affected that much by having not having the new and very much improved and sought after lights!! That being said, when I do drive at night I really would appreciate the best lights possible. So yes I do want them darn it. I guess I just have to be happy with my “classic” old Plaid for now.

Since I’m generationally challenged (70’s) I pretty much don’t drive at night. So I’m not really affected that much by having not having the new and very much improved and sought after lights!! That being said, when I do drive at night I really would appreciate the best lights possible. So yes I do want them darn it. I guess I just have to be happy with my “classic” old Plaid for now.
76 here. Still drive at night but no idea how bad or good lights are

76 here. Still drive at night but no idea how bad or good lights are
I’m 58, and I avoid dricing at night like I avoid the Bubonic plague! While I prefer the matrix LEDs, that I have in my MYP, I can “live with” my Plaid’s headlights. Certainly wouldn’t trade it in for these improvements.

Was offered to schedule delivery back on January 21. Was put on hold automatically on Jan 30 since I didn’t schedule delivery.

It’ll cancel on March 12 if I don’t say I’m ready for delivery. So I’m going to enable it the 11th. Hoping it should have the new parts 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Should I expect the same pricing as when I ordered with this delay as well? It’s about a ~$17k difference from then. More than pays for my wrap/PPF and coatings if so. 👌🏻👌🏻

Refresh 2.0 MSM plaid. 🔥🔥🔥
@dewitt vercher from FB
E084ADC5-86C6-4AF4-929E-A28E56339E7B.jpeg
B17FD0AB-7979-421F-93D3-EFD5999A66C9.jpeg
C43C67D3-CAAE-4E31-BF11-67373BC75D1C.jpeg

Now I need accessories. Need to find a spoiler. Is anyone making a plaid replica spoiler or similar? I like something clean like the OEM Plaid.

True but I am on the low end of that range so might as well.

$171, plus free shipping; looks decent:

I figure that in a couple years I could swap out headlights for matrix as parts become more available and just pay for it at that time. For the tail lights it will be more tricky given the charging port change. I don't plan to upgrade rear lights as I like the black OG applique and color changing charging port

“Flow forged” are just rebranded “cast” wheels at a higher price. The drum may be rolled after casting, but all the spokes are still cast. Monoblock forged wheels are the way to go, if you are going the “forged” route. And, don’t forget those titanium lugs!
Looking at sv104s for my MSM too right now and debating 19 vs 20. I was set on 20 until I saw your wheel thread. Any idea on impact of range yet? I am presuming you are getting even greater range as your forged are lighter than OEM cast cardenio/tempest 19s.

I figure that in a couple years I could swap out headlights for matrix as parts become more available and just pay for it at that time. For the tail lights it will be more tricky given the charging port change. I don't plan to upgrade rear lights as I like the black OG applique and color changing charging port
To truly use the matrix lights, it would need to be integrated with the car's camera system once Tesla implements it. It won't just be plug and play (obviously I am just speculating). Now, if Tesla makes a retrofit kit, then you would in luck.

Now I need accessories. Need to find a spoiler. Is anyone making a plaid replica spoiler or similar? I like something clean like the OEM Plaid.

True but I am on the low end of that range so might as well.
I’m looking for an OEM spoiler (which hasn’t been available for sale since the refresh 1.0 came out) or something that looks like it. Some of the alternatives look too extreme.

Have you found any that you liked?

I’m 58, and I avoid dricing at night like I avoid the Bubonic plague! While I prefer the matrix LEDs, that I have in my MYP, I can “live with” my Plaid’s headlights. Certainly wouldn’t trade it in for these improvements.
Ha! I figured you were almost 60 (cringe) since your forum input seemed so mature and intelligent. And you have cream interior like me. 😇🤣