Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How else you going to know what the "T" stands for?

Good that you guys like it - do not think Tesla will change either way. Just a difference of opinion.

View attachment 777747
It would be like having the Mercedes badge and also the word Mercedes right by it. 😂 Redundant!

Or you know, like having the Plaid badge graphic and PLAID on the back of the car. We should all call the car the Tesla Tesla Model S Plaid Plaid.

It would be like having the Mercedes badge and also the word Mercedes right by it. 😂 Redundant!

Or you know, like having the Plaid badge graphic and PLAID on the back of the car. We should all call the car the Tesla Tesla Model S Plaid Plaid.

Not the same to me - I think Tesla missed it. Just my opinion on the bare cross piece.

You are getting yours before me! Arrrg!😖
These EDD changes mean nothing now after all the shifts. My original EDD was April when I ordered, so anything sooner was a plus. We'll see.

I'm hoping I'll get another dropped sale from my SA that matches my order to get one sooner. Was offered a blue few months ago but wanted to charge me the 5k difference. I turned it down.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Literally in the same boat. I'm getting antsy and want to release the hold tomorrow but am debating whether I should just wait a week to be as sure as possible I'll get the new stuff. I've waited 9+ months and somehow don't have the patience to wait another week.
img_6658 2 small.jpg

img_6664 small.jpg

I don't blame you for waiting! These "Old" MSLRs are hideous!

I chose to pick mine up last week, and have zero regrets, for what that's worth. YMMV...

View attachment 777779
View attachment 777783
I don't blame you for waiting! These "Old" MSLRs are hideous!

I chose to pick mine up last week, and have zero regrets, for what that's worth. YMMV...
I actually like the detail of the rear better than the new rear, but like the way the lights display better. My '17 MS is mostly fine at night on dark roads.

These EDD changes mean nothing now after all the shifts. My original EDD was April when I ordered, so anything sooner was a plus. We'll see.

I'm hoping I'll get another dropped sale from my SA that matches my order to get one sooner. Was offered a blue few months ago but wanted to charge me the 5k difference. I turned it down.
Yes, I have waited this long. As things get worse with fuel prices the more frustrating it will be if delayed any more. I thought it was a firm date before as it had narrowed down to a two week spread. Now we I'm back to a four week spread.
All because of those darn fancy lights!!! :mad:🤪

I had foolishly updated my financing when asked to by Tesla in early January and my financing expired today, paired with a nearly 2 month pushback of EDD. Do we get punished for having a credit offer expire (incomplete profile)? Or just unlucky timing?
Typically it's best to choose the cash option when ordering. Once you get your VIN, then you can have your SA change to a loan/lease, at that time you can apply for your loan.

Typically it's best to choose the cash option when ordering. Once you get your VIN, then you can have your SA change to a loan/lease, at that time you can apply for your loan.
I know this now, but not before the situation in January when I updated my financing. I only joined TMC in Feb. I have Cash selected now, but I think I'm trying to ask, do you think I would have had the same EDD pushback if I had Cash selected this whole time?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I know this now, but not before the situation in January when I updated my financing. I only joined TMC in Feb. I have Cash selected now, but I think I'm trying to ask, do you think I would have had the same EDD pushback if I had Cash selected this whole time?
Suggestion to the MODs: PIN certain submissions which are indeed key to this Thread. if that's possible I'd then suggest all new members read those PINNED submissions. The monkey theory would be one. This basically states that your EDD will change as many times as the Tesla Monkey decides to play with you. It does not mean a thing until you have a VIN and lately until your appointment has been set. The Monkey is the TMC affectionate name for the Tesla EDD bot.