Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the new SX will not either. Just the removal of Uss. Go to the Y threads, they are not happy campers.
Good grief. Look, you'll see how incorrect this take is in a few weeks. Expect to see all new-build (i.e. not inventory) Model S with HW4. You look at the inventory "demo" Plaids with under 50 miles, selling for ~$12k under MSRP. It's clear Tesla is cleaning house with the old, pre-HW4/fewer-camera models.

Just got this text..... 2 weeks from now or 1 week from the investor event.

Screenshot_20230221-173507.png

Do you not think March 1 may be when it said?
If he says it, and that’s a big if, he owes a lot of people money for a broken promise of full FSD with current hardware.

I have over 100,000 miles driven on my Teslas, probably 1000 on FSD, and 60,000 on the included autopilot. Until it works (FSD) it doesn’t.

"Every car sold today has all the hardware necessary to become a money earning robotaxi with a simple software update" - Elon in 2018 while selling HW 2.5

Should Elon admit failure or fraud? Would the announcement of hw4 help?

If he says it, and that’s a big if, he owes a lot of people money for a broken promise of full FSD with current hardware.

I have over 100,000 miles driven on my Teslas, probably 1000 on FSD, and 60,000 on the included autopilot. Until it works (FSD) it doesn’t.

"Every car sold today has all the hardware necessary to become a money earning robotaxi with a simple software update" - Elon in 2018 while selling HW 2.5

Should Elon admit failure or fraud? Would the announcement of hw4 help?
That's wasn't my question or concerns man. You conflating two totally different issues. Thanks for an unrequested rant.

Reactions: Duke846
Good grief. Look, you'll see how incorrect this take is in a few weeks. Expect to see all new-build (i.e. not inventory) Model S with HW4. You look at the inventory "demo" Plaids with under 50 miles, selling for ~$12k under MSRP. It's clear Tesla is cleaning house with the old, pre-HW4/fewer-camera models.
They are selling 12k under Msrp because that’s what they are worth. And those aren’t even selling. Hw4 will be like hw3 and hw2.5 all broken promises of a fully autonomous driving car.
For the record I have been trying to buy one of the inventory cars. They are state locked.

• Disagree
Reactions: aerodyne and lowtek
I don’t think he will say it. I will be shocked if he does. It will just show up or be slowly introduced.
He said CyberTruck would have HW4 but he didn't say that's where it would first show up ... crossing fingers!
Probably just wait and see? No reason to believe yes or no at this point. I am more disappointed they didn’t improve the brakes. Put a normal horn on it.
maybe they did who knows until we know.

WilliamG has left the thread?
Nope, still here. I'm surprised by these changes. Cameras can't make up for the lack of ultrasonics when parking close to another vehicle in front of you. And if these red-calipered Teslas have no additional bumper cameras, these are going to be inferior cars, period.

This is classic Tesla, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the first thousand they sell have the red calipers, and perhaps upgraded cameras, and then a switch to HW4 with these new cameras + additional cameras. Tesla has proven time and time again they really don't care about pissing off their customer base as they can easily sell cars to some other newbie who's not aware.

Reactions: aerodyne and lowtek
Not really.

Yea really ... Teslarati wouldn't know.

Also, the HD Radar could easily replace forward facing cameras for distance sensors ... i.e., USS replacement, etc.

Point is, we still don't know what HW4 is exactly and everything we've seen so far could just be various test articles.

Last edited: