Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the yoke were extended into a full diameter it would be enormous. It's definitely smaller than that. Like I said, it surprised me how small it looked.
Understood, but I don't think Tesla is using a different part for center piece. While at Tesla, I measured the width of the yoke center part versus the 3 wheel...it was around 1.5 inches wider. If I'm correct and that part that houses the haptics is the same whether wheel or yoke for the S, then the diameter will be around 1.5 inches wider. I guess we will see.

Maybe next gen is just a USS delete for now...
Maybe so. And given Model 3/Y owners have only been waiting 5 months (!!!) and counting to get some automated features back, buying a Model S without these features now sounds terrible to me…

As many have said, you buy a Tesla for what it comes with now, not what it is “promised” to come with in the future.

Vin assigned last night for model s plaid. Reached out to advisor this morning about hardware 4 and he responded anything built February or later would be hardware 4.
Screenshot_20230304-105520.png

Vin assigned last night for model s plaid. Reached out to advisor this morning about hardware 4 and he responded anything built February or later would be hardware 4. View attachment 913738
This is how my rep responded for the same question. :(

We have not seen any vehicles with new Autopilot hardware, nor has Tesla made any official announcement or mention of it. We cannot comment on online rumors.

Interesting my disclaimer said next generation hardware. Had EAP but not FSD. In US so maybe limited to there or Plaid or config. Ordered late Jan.

Vin assigned last night for model s plaid. Reached out to advisor this morning about hardware 4 and he responded anything built February or later would be hardware 4. View attachment 913738
Adam Stonier and Lake, could I ask for a favor? I scheduled my pick up for next Saturday. If your pickup happens to be earlier than mine, would you mind letting here know whether your car will have HW4? As per my prior message, my advisor said HW4 is just an internet rumor right now. But if you happen to get it, then at least I’ll go down there next Saturday knowing it exists and be ready to reject my vehicle if need be. Thank you in advance.

Adam Stonier and Lake, could I ask for a favor? I scheduled my pick up for next Saturday. If your pickup happens to be earlier than mine, would you mind letting here know whether your car will have HW4? As per my prior message, my advisor said HW4 is just an internet rumor right now. But if you happen to get it, then at least I’ll go down there next Saturday knowing it exists and be ready to reject my vehicle if need be. Thank you in advance.
I pick up my Plaid on Monday. I’ll let you know as well.

Not sure how you could tell if you have HW4 or not without actually opening up the car to check?

Reactions: jasondclinton
Not sure how you could tell if you have HW4 or not without actually opening up the car to check?

I would insist on opening ANY Tesla prior to accepting delivery. Some say that won't happen, but it can if you plan accordingly well in advance.

Looking for HW4 would be at the bottom of my checklist, somewhere between seat wrinkles and missing trunk cover(s)

You won’t be able to tell.
This hw4 stuff is crazy. Most everyone has accepted tesla‘s excuse for removing the USS. I have not. I took advantage of knowing they are not on the new cars and purchased a 2022 plaid FDS and USS 16gb steam matrix. Saved almost 35k in the meantime.
Munro live has a video about the removal of uss on YT. I suggest many should watch. I have lived with them for over 4 years and couldn’t imagine the car without them. Add the failure of upgraded brakes and the fact you can order a wheel my decision was easy.
I have chosen to let tesla Proceed with the delivery process and have a vin. The offer of 12,100 on my 2019 performance 3 for trade in was the straw that broke my back. I will probably show up at delivery in my current Plaid to reject it.