Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I learned this today. Give me some time to confirm this. (Cameras) 2022 around march they changed the cameras. As far as housing who knows.
FSD is horrendous, I know I have it. Those who don’t, save ur money for tires, your going to need it.
You mean, there's a chance my May '22 car is red, not orange like my cameras seem to display?😁

There may have been camera changes last year, but I think enough pics have been posted that the new cameras this year are quite different. Larger lens, and a tasteful hue (Red)

Sure are a lot of polarized opinions on FSD. I have to ask, if one had FSD, and it was driving you when you had a sudden stroke or heart attack, would you trust it to drive you in cross town traffic to the Hospital?

You mean, there's a chance my May '22 car is red, not orange like my cameras seem to display?😁

There may have been camera changes last year, but I think enough pics have been posted that the new cameras this year are quite different. Larger lens, and a tasteful hue (Red)

Sure are a lot of polarized opinions on FSD. I have to ask, if one had FSD, and it was driving you when you had a sudden stroke or heart attack, would you trust it to drive you in cross town traffic to the Hospital?
No, not version 10.69.25.2 that I have!

Reactions: Duke846
Question.

New MSP 2023 Refresh Refresh 🤪 coming this week. I'm looking for an internal multicolor LED lightstrip similar to the attached (image of a MY). Does anyone know where to find one compatible with the MSP 2023?

Screenshot_20230311-222130.png

It would nagg and stop the car The second it saw your head go down. I have probably 1000 miles on fsd. Probably 60,000 miles on autopilot. Fsd is incredibly stressful. I recommend do not buy just rent it.

Tilting hardware did exist. My PoS has the tilting hardware, sans ‘da motors - shipped short, due to Covid supply issues. Not even an apology or retrofit path available.
Yeah but that’s my point…it had some hardware, but your screen is never going to tilt and neither is mine in my April 2022 X Plaid (the ones built a week after mine did). It was missing the motors that would enable it, and there was never a retrofit that I’m aware of.

Reactions: jebinc
Given the recent price decreases across the board at Tesla, and this being the end of the quarter, would the community agree this is a good time to custom order a Model S? Delivery is still estimated by the end of the month. I checked the local inventory however nothing seems to work for me in terms of color schemes. Any advice is appreciated!

Given the recent price decreases across the board at Tesla, and this being the end of the quarter, would the community agree this is a good time to custom order a Model S? Delivery is still estimated by the end of the month. I checked the local inventory however nothing seems to work for me in terms of color schemes. Any advice is appreciated!
If that estimate is wrong, don’t you miss out on the government EV incentive? If so, I would not bank on the estimate being anything more than another Charlatan trick to get folks to place orders.

If that estimate is wrong, don’t you miss out on the government EV incentive? If so, I would not bank on the estimate being anything more than another Charlatan trick to get folks to place orders.
Agreed, however I don't think the Model S qualifies for the latest incentives due to its pricing, other than the NY ev-rebate of $500. Just trying to play the timing game. Tesla discounts their inventory on the lots, so I'm checking every day to see if something new comes in, e.g., an order that gets cancelled, etc.

1) EOQ a good time for a Tesla delivery...

2) Tesla Delivery estimates are accurate...

Said no-one, ever...

Reactions: mm9351
Latest from my SA contact. If you are seeing something you like in inventory, PM me the VIN, and this guy claims he can tell if you have HW4 or radar or cameras or at least badging.

It seems Tesla-info.com is also a good source for this, but no idea how they determine HW4.

I will be getting a test drive in 5 hrs, hopefully a HW4 car...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312-102855.png
    Screenshot_20230312-102855.png
    573.8 KB · Views: 93
Tesla being Tesla the cars will always be changing in some way. It happens with every model they sell. Now we're watching the current refresh of the Model S "mature" if you will. Now wouldn't be a bad time to order in my opinion. They just added new camera's, a new computer and likely brought back an upgraded radar. Will more changes be made, absolutely. Like it has been mentioned the Model S isn't going to qualify for the federal tax credit.

Yes, this is the time, IMHO. Still shows delivery in March. Not sure what you would gain by waiting....

Reactions: mm9351 and Nickos