Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S 85D
Ordered mine on August 8, 2015
Confirmed on August 16 (the day after it was supposed to be confirmed, for some reason)
VIN: —102115
Estimated Delivery September - Early October—was Late September before confirmation.
Update: Entered production 8/31!
Update 2: Production complete, in transit 9/4! Delivery estimate change to September 23 - October 7
Update 3: 9/18—Car is almost to the delivery center for the post-delivery inspection, delivery (to my house) scheduled for September 24th!

Just got my VIN. omgomgomg my car somehow exists. Or maybe just the VIN plate...
I guess it is time to finalize the insurance shopping. What else does this allow me to get going?
It is now in production. Wow!
Order: 9/8
Confirmed: 9/15
Production queue: 9/16
Entered Production: 9/18
Production complete: TBD
Estimated delivery: Late September to early October

e-FTW - you'll have it by 9/30. You're in the bay area and of course it will be an end of quarter delivery.
And I am picking it up at the factory.
That would be two weeks from order confirmation to delivery, which sounds impressive! Right?
Sadly, I am traveling for the next two weeks, and the only day that would work would be the 26th. If they pull that off, I'll need to check the car for number of doors and wheels.

Hope they stack a Midwest truck quick. 70D spent a total of 18 days in production (finished 9/15) which seems upper limit of normal since July. Bit of an outlier so it sure would be nice if they got it to Minnesota -- I'd be delighted to be a part of their Q3 delivery statistics. =D

No further info from DS yet on delivery.

Mine just finished production yesterday and says in transit, I bet they'll arrive on the same truck. Haven't heard from DS yet.

Ordered 09/10/2015
Confirmed 09/17/2015
VIN 09/17/2015

Model S 90D
* Range Upgrade
* Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
* Panoramic Roof
* 19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
* Black Next Generation Seats
* Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
* Black Alcantara Headliner
* Autopilot Convenience Features
* Premium Interior and Lighting
* Smart Air Suspension
* Ultra High Fidelity Sound
* Subzero Weather Package

Ours are sibs!
Ordered 9/11
Confirmed 9/18
Queued for prod 9/19
But how was the VIN assigned? I don't have that yet.:confused:

Model S P90DL
* Range Upgrade
* MC Red
* Panoramic Roof
* 21" Grey Turbines
* Tan Next Generation Seats
* Matte Obeche Wood Décor
* White Alcantara Headliner
* Smart Air Suspension
* Red Brake Calipers
* Ludicrous Speed
* Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Ours are sibs!
Ordered 9/11
Confirmed 9/18
Queued for prod 9/19
But how was the VIN assigned? I don't have that yet.:confused:

Model S P90DL
* Range Upgrade
* MC Red
* Panoramic Roof
* 21" Grey Turbines
* Tan Next Generation Seats
* Matte Obeche Wood Décor
* White Alcantara Headliner
* Smart Air Suspension
* Red Brake Calipers
* Ludicrous Speed
* Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Your car will be the sorority gal compared to my car's work study student!

My car is honored to share an assembly line with your fanciness! So jelly!

of course any Tesla will be an exotic flower here in Iowa...

Your car will be the sorority gal compared to my car's work study student!

My car is honored to share an assembly line with your fanciness! So jelly!

of course any Tesla will be an exotic flower here in Iowa...

Yes, mine will hardly be noticeable here in SoCal. Enjoy the attention in IA! I see so many every day, but what fun to see them all and a dream coming to fruition.

After days and days and hours and hours of devouring any and all things Model S - I am excited to join the fun with my first post. Here are the proud Papa's details about his new baby:

Ordered: 8/30
Confirmed: 9/6
In Production: 9/8 (as of tonight, 9/20, MyTesla is still showing "Tesla Factory is building your Model S")
Delivery Estimate: September - Early October

Note: I recieved a call from my DS on Monday, 9/14 notifying me the car was in final produciton and would be assigned a truck for shipment within the next couple of days. While I had received an earlier email introducing herself, this was the first I had heard from her live. She suggested we could safely schedule delivery on 9/28 or later. I am currently locked in for pickup on 9/29 (just under 30 days from order to pickup). The delivery location is Scottdale, AZ. She thought there was an outside chance it would arrive by Sat. 9/26 and would call if an early pickup option became available. The HPWC getting installed on Friday, 9/25. It's a good thing I am on a business trip M-Th of this week or I would likely spend my days sitting on the curb awaiting electrician like a kid looking for the ice cream man.

Specs: S90D/Range Upgrade/MC Red/21" Gray/Pano/Black Nxt Gen/Auto Pilot/Smart Air Suspension/Premium Interior-Lighting/Black Alcantara/Matte Obeche Wood

Ordered 9-12
confirmed 9-19
queued for production 9-19
VIN 108569 assigned 9-20

90D Midnight Silver Metallic
White Headliner
Grey next gen seats
Matte Obeche Decor
Premium Interior
Air Suspension
Pano Sunroof
UHF Sound
Autopilot
19" Wheels

SUPER excited for my Late October-November Delivery.. You could say I'm a bit of a Tesla fan (see right arm in photo)...
03-Michael_and_Supercharger.jpg