Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After days and days and hours and hours of devouring any and all things Model S - I am excited to join the fun with my first post. Here are the proud Papa's details about his new baby:

Ordered: 8/30
Confirmed: 9/6
In Production: 9/8 (as of tonight, 9/20, MyTesla is still showing "Tesla Factory is building your Model S")
Delivery Estimate: September - Early October

Note: I recieved a call from my DS on Monday, 9/14 notifying me the car was in final produciton and would be assigned a truck for shipment within the next couple of days. While I had received an earlier email introducing herself, this was the first I had heard from her live. She suggested we could safely schedule delivery on 9/28 or later. I am currently locked in for pickup on 9/29 (just under 30 days from order to pickup). The delivery location is Scottdale, AZ. She thought there was an outside chance it would arrive by Sat. 9/26 and would call if an early pickup option became available. The HPWC getting installed on Friday, 9/25. It's a good thing I am on a business trip M-Th of this week or I would likely spend my days sitting on the curb awaiting electrician like a kid looking for the ice cream man.

Specs: S90D/Range Upgrade/MC Red/21" Gray/Pano/Black Nxt Gen/Auto Pilot/Smart Air Suspension/Premium Interior-Lighting/Black Alcantara/Matte Obeche Wood

Quick Update: Today, 9/23, the status on MyTesla finally changed from "Being Built..." to "In Transit..." - that was a full 14 days in "Building..." status. My DS informed me today that my 90D is scheduled to arrive at the Scottsdale SC on Saturday eve (9/25). For those of us in the Phoenix area, this might give you an indication of the transit times.

Quick Update: Today, 9/23, the status on MyTesla finally changed from "Being Built..." to "In Transit..." - that was a full 14 days in "Building..." status. My DS informed me today that my 90D is scheduled to arrive at the Scottsdale SC on Saturday eve (9/25). For those of us in the Phoenix area, this might give you an indication of the transit times.

14 days of build time! wow.
Must be that multi coat paint! :biggrin:

Ordered 8/12
Confirmed 8/19
Production 8/28
Production complete 9/18
Scheduled for pickup ('Delivery') 9/29
Best birthday/life ever 9/30

70D | Midnight silver | 2nd gen seats | Cold weather package

Off topic, but what is Pope Francis's take on Teslas? He eschews unnecessary luxury and technology on the one hand but cares perhaps more about climate change and it's global effect on the poor. So, the Model S is a necessary step towards the Model 3 and subsequent development, so it's OK? All rationalizations welcome.

Model S 85D
Ordered mine on August 8, 2015
Confirmed on August 16 (the day after it was supposed to be confirmed, for some reason)
VIN: —102115
Estimated Delivery September - Early October—was Late September before confirmation.
Update: Entered production 8/31!
Update 2: Production complete, in transit 9/4! Delivery estimate change to September 23 - October 7
Update 3: 9/18—Car is almost to the delivery center for the post-delivery inspection, delivery (to my house) scheduled for September 24th!

Update4: 9/24TODAY'S THE DAY! It's on the truck RIGHT NOW heading to our house!

I didn't get the paperwork yet, so my DS had to run and stop the delivery guys before they took off to throw a temp tag from Tennessee on the car—I was afraid I wouldn't be able to (legally) drive it today! :eek:

Model S 85D
Ordered mine on August 8, 2015
Confirmed on August 16 (the day after it was supposed to be confirmed, for some reason)
VIN: —102115
Estimated Delivery September - Early October—was Late September before confirmation.
Update: Entered production 8/31!
Update 2: Production complete, in transit 9/4! Delivery estimate change to September 23 - October 7
Update 3: 9/18—Car is almost to the delivery center for the post-delivery inspection, delivery (to my house) scheduled for September 24th!

Update4: 9/24TODAY'S THE DAY! It's on the truck RIGHT NOW heading to our house!

I didn't get the paperwork yet, so my DS had to run and stop the delivery guys before they took off to throw a temp tag from Tennessee on the car—I was afraid I wouldn't be able to (legally) drive it today! :eek:

Congrats OZ! Let us know how the handoff and the maiden journey goes. I take delivery on Tues. HPWC getting installed tomorrow. Living vicariously.

- - - Updated - - -

14 days of build time! wow.
Must be that multi coat paint! :biggrin:

@Lucy: I am really starting to wonder if these status updates are done randomly. Some seem to take two weeks and get delivered in 3 days. Others take 3 days and get delivered in 2 weeks. I suggest anxious buyers just focus on the end date. That seems to be pretty consistent relative to your geography.

Spoke to DS and she gave me conflicting info...Stated that my S85D went into production on 8/31 and is currently being painted...now giving me updated delivery date of October 5. 1) Very anxious to get car, 2) Not understanding process...DS said 8/28 was confirmation date(?), 8/31 entered production and that was early(?), said that most likely delivery would be 2nd week of October but they were going to try to get delivered by 10/5(?). So website was completely off? I thought painting had to be done first? So VIN # has nothing to do with place in line? Who most likely has correct info?

Car arrived in Devon, PA last night. Scheduled to pick up Monday 9/28. Gonna be a long weekend!

Order: 9/8
Confirmed: 9/15
Production queue: 9/16
Entered Production: 9/18
Production complete: 9/24
Estimated delivery: September 25, 2015 - October 2, 2015

If I were in town, I could pick it up tomorrow. That would be 10 days after order confirmation!!
But am out of town, and will pick it up on Sunday 9/27. woot

Got the call today that my P90D was at the WPB Service Center and will be ready for pickup on Saturday 9/26. That is my birthday and would be an awesome present. However, when I received the call I was already in my RV headed to the Auburn game. Delivery will have wait until Monday.

I guess instead of the car, I'll have to hope for an Auburn win for my birthday.

Not bad start to finish considering they shipped it via train and not truck. 8/21 confirmed - 9/9 production complete - 9/24 at the Service Center.

Order: 9/8
Confirmed: 9/15
Production queue: 9/16
Entered Production: 9/18
Production complete: 9/24
Estimated delivery: September 25, 2015 - October 2, 2015

If I were in town, I could pick it up tomorrow. That would be 10 days after order confirmation!!
But am out of town, and will pick it up on Sunday 9/27. woot

e-FTW: Congratulations! Sounds like it's going to be a good weekend for someone! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Mine actually arrived at the SC in AZ today, 15 days after confirmation...Not bad. Unfortunately no Delivery spots available until Tuesday. :cursing:

It's a week later and I'm still in "production queue." Cannot believe some have entered production so quickly. Jealous. Enjoy those deliveries!

I have to imagine those Model X builds will start to queue up in front of some of the MS builds. It will be interesting if we are able to notice a longer build time as the X's start to roll off. Like I said before, the different stages seem to have a lot of variability, but in the end, recent orders seem to have been completed in 3-4 weeks from order. So my guess is they will get you caught up. Best of luck. We all know what you are going through. I am 3 days from pickup!

The delivery timeframe on my husband's 90D was moved up! Woo Hoo! The new timeframe is Sept 29 to Oct 6. I don't know who is more excited about my husband's 90D. Any yes! That would be me! After all, I pushed him to buy it because he was ready for a sedan. The referral from my brother helped a bit too. He should be really happy with this car.

The delivery timeframe on my husband's 90D was moved up! Woo Hoo! The new timeframe is Sept 29 to Oct 6. I don't know who is more excited about my husband's 90D. Any yes! That would be me! After all, I pushed him to buy it because he was ready for a sedan. The referral from my brother helped a bit too. He should be really happy with this car.

Congrats TSLAX! Very exciting. They seem to be exceeding expectations a lot this week :)

Ordered 8/14
Confirmed 8/26 (When I ordered, the email said I would be confirmed on 8/21. I had to go back and forth with my DS, who had to call the HQ to get it confirmed on 26th)
Production 8/27
Production complete 9/8
Scheduled for pickup ('Delivery') 9/29

85D | Midnight silver | Grey next gen seats | UHF Sound | Pano roof | Air suspension | Piano black | Standard wheels | Premium interior