Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will have to figure something out. I know those prints are going to drive me mad! Same way the stainless fiasco in kitchens has the last decade or so. The horror!:scared:

Agree with JRP3, get the handles wrapped. That is my plan, wrap that whole puppy!

BTW, saw a MS with practically your exact options on the doctor's lot at my little hospital last night.

Even dusty, with Nebraska Cornhusker fake licence plates, it was stunning! The MC red is beautiful!
:)

*sings* "Anticipation..."

What is this "wrapping" you all speak of? Where does one buy the "wrap"? Who wraps it?

The general term is Paint Protection films. There are a few very reputable brands of film out there, and usually any major metro area has a couple of local shops that will do the install. I priced out wrapping the entire MS with the Xpel self-healing stuffs at around $5k.

Here's a video to help understand the benefit:

Hope this helps!
LK

Last edited by a moderator:
VIN 108404
At least one other MS 90D ordered on 9-11 started production on the 28th (JenniferQ, see above thread) but her car is loaded MC red. My blue boy has relatively few options, I have heard they are batched by color & basic config, imagine similar options would be grouped somewhat too.

Here's hoping your car is built soon, LinuxKidd! (ô‿ô)

When I took a factory tour, the cars that were in the assembly line were all different colors, but I believe they were all the same model.

The general term is Paint Protection films. There are a few very reputable brands of film out there, and usually any major metro area has a couple of local shops that will do the install. I priced out wrapping the entire MS with the Xpel self-healing stuffs at around $5k.

Here's a video to help understand the benefit:

Hope this helps!
LK

Thanks Linux! I had not thought of that. I am actually scheduled to get my PhotoSync put on the glass tomorrow morning (Crystalline on the front shield) and to talk to the guy about the XPEL Clear Bra. This would be an easy add, fairly cheap, keep the handles from getting too hot in the AZ sun, and easy to remove if it yellows like an Englishmen's teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
My car entered production sometime between 0215 and 0420 CDT or 0015-0240 PDT last night. (I too was checking status obsessively after watching the MX streaming event. So much for that crocheting idea.)

I'm a little concerned that the night shift is making my car. No offense, but I work an off shift & know how much screwing around sometimes happens after the boss goes home. :wink:
that was wee hours of 9/30 that my status flipped. Vin 108404

But I guess the night shift was annoyed with my comment or general snarkiness or things were generally bananas the night of the MX reveal, cuz this morning I'm back in Production Queue Limbo. ⊙.◎)

I guess I'll take this opportunity to try to get the paint color switched to silver. *sighs*

Last edited:
I suspect (hope) its just a glitch in the reporting system. My car is also showing as back in the production queue this morning. Last night is showed production complete.

Yes. This also happens in my mytesla. My car has been in transit for a week(and my Ds has confirmed that it is en route to Hong Kong) but today my status changed to enter production queue!
i guess it is a system error ?

Yes. This also happens in my mytesla. My car has been in transit for a week(and my Ds has confirmed that it is en route to Hong Kong) but today my status changed to enter production queue!
i guess it is a system error ?

I guess I need to quit being such a whiney little biatch, huh?!? My car only took one step back, Joylau_ho & cookieman prolly want to punch a hole in the wall! :cursing:

I tried calling and left a message to request the color change I want, but I'm sure they are swamped with calls if everyone's status is this messed up. Maybe they got a huge surge in MX orders and we got bumped? With the communication skills that we have seen so far, I guess we may never know. It's a good thing ours cars will be so awesome. I guess it must be like the capitalist version of motherhood? the joy of ownership makes you forget the pain of childbirth? Now I'm just rambling, and it's too early to hit the bars... :confused:

My delivery guy from Eden Prairie called me, said that my car was really in production now.
Once I got to a computer & checked, my status is "being built."

I'm so cornfused.
I hope the staff's info system is better than what is being relayed to us.

Oh well, baby steps...