Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed the Fife location has the seats in the showroom. God they are comfy. Much more supportive than the base seats.

Attachments

• C8AB9F7C-1494-4414-A09B-8680E186853A.jpeg
    C8AB9F7C-1494-4414-A09B-8680E186853A.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 6
After a few thousand miles I can feel the vibration in the 40-50 mph range, with the 21in wheels being as stiff as they are, it doesn’t really bother me as I can already feel all the other imperfections in the road.
No vibration in the 80mph range and that was my biggest concern.

So far I’m loving the car! I’m so glad I decided to stick with the model s over the i7 that I test drove. The i7 was way more luxurious, but I prefer sportiness over luxury so I’m happy with my decision.

The only thing I slightly regret is not going with the Plaid, I’m already used to the LR acceleration and my kids absolutely love how quick it is. They always ask to floor it, that is when they’re not watching cartoons on the rear screen. So freaking convenient, we road trip a lot and we always brought the iPad, and obviously they could never agree on who’s getting the better view when we positioned the iPad in the middle. Now with the fixed screen there’s no arguing.

I’ve installed the front mud flaps and the sunshade, planning on getting the spoiler next and some nice 20in wheels along with powder coating the brake calipers to match the car… or trading it in for a Plaid.. haven’t decided yet.

I’m so impressed by the faster charging compared to my old P90D.
Stopped at the Forth Worth TX- North Freeway supercharger at the buccees, the car was ready to go before we were ready to go.
Topped out at 252 kW.
IMG_0221.jpeg

Anyone get a VIN or schedule delivery today? I have an appt at a location near my Tesla dealer tomorrow. I’ll stop by the dealer to look at a Plaid and try to stay excited about my order.
Still nothing, and no update on my re-submitted trade-in.

It's been 6 weeks, but at least it's $2,000 less, there are sport seats, and interest rates at my CU dropped 0.5%. Hopefully rates don't go back up before I get a VIN.

It’ll be 4 weeks for me on Friday. I’ll have to re-submit my trade next week. They lowball me anymore and I’m out.
4 weeks? Many here myself included waited 4 months or more in some cases. If your having so many doubts maybe this isn’t the car you really wanted. Other then a Plaid, not much with Tesla is fast. But Dam am I glad I waited to get my Plaid. Best decision ever for me.

My Model S Plaid with 21s had just about 300 miles of real world range. But, that was a bit of a stretch.

I don't think you'll need the buttons. After two years with it, I didn't really miss the turn stalks. Gear shift lever, maybe. The direction guessing software was pretty good, so I didn't often need to touch the screen. But, when you do and you get it wrong, it can be dangerous. You think you are in drive when you are actually in reverse, etc. That happened to me about once a month.

I didn't miss the horn. Everything else on the yoke / wheel was mostly reasonable.
My real world range driving mostly on local street road is 200 miles. (With 19” tempest wheels) What happen to the claimed 359-405?

My M3P got totaled (freaking morons everywhere) and so I ordered a base MS 4/22, got a VIN about a week later. Was supposed to take delivery last Thursday, I am now on my 4th delivery appointment pushed out to Saturday now because they can't get the car delivered to the service center. Supposedly it has been sitting in the Denver rail yard since last week but no one really knows where it is at, how do you lose a $75k vehicle?? Process has been incredibly frustrating, close to cancelling and just driving my beater around for another year save the money see what else comes out maybe get a Taycan. Sure seems like they have laid off all the delivery drivers, or not paying their contractors who knows. I bought my M3P in the middle of the pandemic and didn't have any of these issues, really is a shame what is happening to Tesla. Just curious if anyone has had any similar experiences or I am just unlucky?

My M3P got totaled (freaking morons everywhere) and so I ordered a base MS 4/22, got a VIN about a week later. Was supposed to take delivery last Thursday, I am now on my 4th delivery appointment pushed out to Saturday now because they can't get the car delivered to the service center. Supposedly it has been sitting in the Denver rail yard since last week but no one really knows where it is at, how do you lose a $75k vehicle?? Process has been incredibly frustrating, close to cancelling and just driving my beater around for another year save the money see what else comes out maybe get a Taycan. Sure seems like they have laid off all the delivery drivers, or not paying their contractors who knows. I bought my M3P in the middle of the pandemic and didn't have any of these issues, really is a shame what is happening to Tesla. Just curious if anyone has had any similar experiences or I am just unlucky?
That’s funny because a few years ago I went through the exact same situation. Delivery appointment rescheduled 5 times, one of those times was the same day. They couldn’t get the car shipped from a service center a 100 miles away. I offered to go there and take delivery but they refused that too. Then they said they didn’t know where it was as they couldn’t connect to it.

That’s funny because a few years ago I went through the exact same situation. Delivery appointment rescheduled 5 times, one of those times was the same day. They couldn’t get the car shipped from a service center a 100 miles away. I offered to go there and take delivery but they refused that too. Then they said they didn’t know where it was as they couldn’t connect to it.
Did you ever end up getting the vehicle or did you give up?

I had 4 delivery reschedules for my MSLR 2024 in March. Turns out, the car had undergone front fender repaint (noticed it post-signing). Returned it after 42 days with 960 miles on it. But you know what's cool? Realized I need the Plaid. Already ordered it, just waiting on the VIN.

Reactions: AMPd and ICUDoc
While they may have laid off some employees I hardly think any of them were train operators or yard workers in transport centers. If they were shipping watches via UPS sure, but transport is a bit out of their control.

I had 4 delivery reschedules for my MSLR 2024 in March. Turns out, the car had undergone front fender repaint (noticed it post-signing). Returned it after 42 days with 960 miles on it. But you know what's cool? Realized I need the Plaid. Already ordered it, just waiting on the VIN.
So you think it got hit or damaged during transport? That thought crossed my mind... And yes I went back and forth on the Plaid, until I checked how much insurance would be on it and also arranged getting the business tax credit on the LR as well as $5k from Colorado where I would get neither on the Plaid. LR should be plenty fast for me still faster than my M3P was, well that's what I keep telling myself anyway :)