Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we are all in the same boat. Ordered by 70D on 9/17, confirmed on 9/24. In production queue the next day (9/25). FINALLY saw that status change today to "In Production". However, my Tesla rep told me on Monday that i was way into production, and already in paint. Not trusting the website. Assume I will be out of production soon and then will have the long trip to NJ. Based on Ceresma it will be 30 days for delivery. I'm so excited, and want my Tesla!

Be aware that if you're checking the website status frequently (like I did), after product ends the car will show back in production queue again. That means the car has completed actual production and is in queue to go to transport. Freaked me out when that happened to me until a 'seasoned' Tesla owner explained it.

Mine also showed next morning, guess they have to give you 'all' day to cancel or change order. I am following dates on the spreadsheet. Works pretty well. My DS said production should be about 6 days. Then logistics to ship to Vegas. Hoping 2 weeks. So glad I am not just starting this process. It has been so nerve destroying.

Be aware that if you're checking the website status frequently (like I did), after product ends the car will show back in production queue again. That means the car has completed actual production and is in queue to go to transport. Freaked me out when that happened to me until a 'seasoned' Tesla owner explained it.
Mine actually never did that, so that may have been a glitch in the system that day. Unless I just didn't check during that millisecond!:redface:

Super delivery day. Very calm and quiet facility, with lots of cars out front charging: Teslas, Volts, Sparks. So fun to see the EVolution! My DS was excellent!

I love being back in a sedan after years of Minivans and SUVs; but, being able to transition into a Tesla sedan is that much MORE!

Didn't get to hit the freeway today, but the air suspension, on the otherwise less-than-awesome roads here in San Diego, was superb. Love the regen braking and found that creep mode off helped a lot; plus, Creep is, well, Creepy!

Found the other Easter Eggs - 007 mode for SAS, first Tesla pic for something?, and, of course, the Spaceballs for Ludicrous mode.

A very full afternoon. Tucked in and set to charge from 12a-5a for better than 0.48kwh rates. More fun tomorrow.
IMG_3825.jpg

Looks like we are all in the same boat. Ordered by 70D on 9/17, confirmed on 9/24. In production queue the next day (9/25). FINALLY saw that status change today to "In Production". However, my Tesla rep told me on Monday that i was way into production, and already in paint. Not trusting the website. Assume I will be out of production soon and then will have the long trip to NJ. Based on Ceresma it will be 30 days for delivery. I'm so excited, and want my Tesla!

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |

That's awesome. Thanks for the update. Hopefully I get some good news this week from my DS.

Arrgh! After a nearly sleepless night in anticipation of picking up my S90D at noon today, first thing this morning I received a call from my DS informing me that my car will not be ready today after all. He said there was a software glitch and an update needed to be downloaded to the car and tested. Sounds a bit odd - why would a simple software update take the full day? My guess is there's something else wrong.

The wait continues...

Beautiful car, JenniferQ! I *almost* went with the exact same configuration but changed the order literally on the last day before it locked.

Arrgh! After a nearly sleepless night in anticipation of picking up my S90D at noon today, first thing this morning I received a call from my DS informing me that my car will not be ready today after all. He said there was a software glitch and an update needed to be downloaded to the car and tested. Sounds a bit odd - why would a simple software update take the full day? My guess is there's something else wrong.

The wait continues...

Beautiful car, JenniferQ! I *almost* went with the exact same configuration but changed the order literally on the last day before it locked.

That's brutal. I feel your pain, man. I am scheduled for delivery on Oct 14th at 1:00pm and I am praying there are no delays. I swear, my head will explode if I get pushed back last minute. I have to say, I cannot remember being so obsessed with anything in recent memory as this Tesla and it's delivery. Part of me wishes that Tesla only allowed you to make your order, give you a rough estimate and then one day you just get a phone call saying "your car is ready, come pick it up!" Tracking the minutiae of this process has been fun, but also mind-bending...

- Thinking about buying a Tesla
- Spent two weeks messing around with vehicle configurations online
- Test drove for the first time
- Immediately placed my order after the test drive
- Agonized over my order choices for the week before confirmation.
- Read the entire internet's worth of content regarding Tesla, options, forums, blogs, reddits, reviews, etc, etc, etc including every possible video and every possible google search relating to Tesla
- Made several changes to my order prior to confirmation.
- Agonized over my new changes.
- Re-read the entire internet's worth of Tesla content
- Order confirmed!
- Next day, Car in Production Queue! VIN# too! HFS this is happening!
- Begin Stage 2 Agonizing.
- Now start comparing my VIN to others in production queue. Where am I? Where are you? How much longer? How much longer?
- Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?
- "The Factory is Building Your Model S" - THIS IS AMAZING!!
- Wake up the next morning realizing the above was just a dream.
- Lose several more nights sleep. Consider getting professional help.
- Angry that YouTube displays the "WATCHED" badge on every single video relating to Tesla. WHY ARE THERE NO MORE NEW VIDEOS??
- "The Factory is Building Your Model S" - pinch self, not a dream. WOO HOO!
- Begin Stage 3 Agonizing.
- How long will production take? How does my VIN compare to others in production? Where am I? Where are you? How much longer? How much longer?
-...and on and on and on.

Is it just me????

We took delivery on a 90D this past Monday at the Dedham location (vin number 99933). The car is fantastic! Love it! Could someone add the delivery date of Oct. 5, 2015. ? Thank you! I don't want to mess up the Google sheet plus it was delivered between quarters and the entry should probably be moved Oct Nov Dec section.

- Thinking about buying a Tesla
- Spent two weeks messing around with vehicle configurations online
- Test drove for the first time
- Immediately placed my order after the test drive
- Agonized over my order choices for the week before confirmation.
- Read the entire internet's worth of content regarding Tesla, options, forums, blogs, reddits, reviews, etc, etc, etc including every possible video and every possible google search relating to Tesla
- Made several changes to my order prior to confirmation.
- Agonized over my new changes.
- Order confirmed!
- Next day, Car in Production Queue! VIN# too! HFS this is happening!
- Begin Stage 2 Agonizing.
- Now start comparing my VIN to others in production queue. Where am I? Where are you? How much longer? How much longer?
- Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?Why am i not in production yet?
- "The Factory is Building Your Model S" - THIS IS AMAZING!!
- Wake up the next morning realizing the above was just a dream.
- Lose several more nights sleep. Consider getting professional help.
- Angry that YouTube displays the "WATCHED" badge on every single video relating to Tesla. WHY ARE THERE NO MORE NEW VIDEOS??
- "The Factory is Building Your Model S" - pinch self, not a dream. WOO HOO!
- Begin Stage 3 Agonizing.
- How long will production take? How does my VIN compare to others in production? Where am I? Where are you? How much longer? How much longer?
-...and on and on and on.

Is it just me????

Lol, nice! I am just getting started I guess. Order placed 10/5, test drive 10/10, order will confirm 10/13. Looks like I have a long month or two ahead of me!

The wait continues...

I'm more annoyed than anything. This morning the DS said he'd call me with updates but did not. Around 3pm I called him back and was told the car would likely NOT be ready until next Tuesday. When I asked for clarification - the problem COULDN'T be software related, I don't think - he said he would have someone "more technical than he" call me by the end of the day with an explanation and an update on the delivery date. 7pm and still no call.

I own a small business and for me the FIRST RULE for keeping customersl is to always do what you say you're going to do or at least to communicate why when you cannot.

I'm more annoyed than anything. This morning the DS said he'd call me with updates but did not. Around 3pm I called him back and was told the car would likely NOT be ready until next Tuesday. When I asked for clarification - the problem COULDN'T be software related, I don't think - he said he would have someone "more technical than he" call me by the end of the day with an explanation and an update on the delivery date. 7pm and still no call.

I own a small business and for me the FIRST RULE for keeping customersl is to always do what you say you're going to do or at least to communicate why when you cannot.

Dude! I thought they just jerked the women around, they are screwing with the guys too?!? Not cool. :crying:
Well at least they are consistent. Is your car even in Atlanta? Do you have visitation rights? I hope Tuesday is your day, if not before.

We understand that there may be problems/delays with the MX production, perhaps it is snarling up the whole system. I am not even checking with a DS on the "progress" of my car, I don't want to be lied to anymore, after the lack of communication for years regarding the MX & my personal battle with disorganized solar panel installers.

Last edited:
I probably shouldn't have gone off the way I did earlier, but the lack of communication is frustrating. I was contacted off-line last night by a Tesla employee who asked for the name of my DS but I wouldn't give it to him. I'm sure the root cause is/was out of the control of everyone at the store and don't want to get anyone in trouble with 'management'. However, if I don't get some details and a new delivery date TODAY I will formally complain to Tesla management. A simple phone call would suffice, even if it were only to tell me they're still working on it and don't have anything to share at the moment.

(Queue Tom Petty "The Waiting") Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - The Waiting - YouTube

Woot!

It’s now

Estimated Delivery
October 14, 2015 – October 21, 2015

/me does a little happy dance

I may get to see it on the truck today! (Only an 8 hour drive to Vegas from TMC)

--update--
May not come in today, but possibly tomorrow or Monday... Seems the delivery trucks don't always go direct, and often stop at multiple drop locations along the way. Oh, the suspense... [emoji79]

Last edited: