Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yours might be on the same truck as mine! I confirmed on 11/20, in transit on 12/5 and arrived today. I will pick it up after the dual chargers are in place -- Thursday or Friday.

Congrats! Whitney estimated my car arriving "early this week" and me taking delivery "later in the week"...I assumed these vague terms meant arrival Monday or Tuesday and delivery Thursday or Friday--thank you for the info, I bet my car is technically here too!

By the way, what does your My Tesla say?

Congrats! Whitney estimated my car arriving "early this week" and me taking delivery "later in the week"...I assumed these vague terms meant arrival Monday or Tuesday and delivery Thursday or Friday--thank you for the info, I bet my car is technically here too!

Yep, it is probably here sitting next to mine. :D

My Tesla: "Your Model S is in transit from the factory."

I don't have mine yet, but I didn't like the regen braking either on my test drive. I dialed it down to the lower setting and it was like a normal car. However, I'm anxious to try it again and see if I can get used to one foot driving - saves energy and brake wear. I guess when you want to coast, you only release some of the gas. My rep says he always drives with one foot. Probably just need to get the hang of it. Good luck, have fun and be safe.

The way Tesla does regen is one of the best things about it: it gives the car the behavior of a manual (or as some of us say, a normal car). I really prefer it to coasting. Coasting gives one less control over the vehicle and can be quite annoying in multiple situations. Don't forget to turn off creep, too.

Just changed to:
"Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery."

The only delay may be Tesla assessing my trade-in. My DS says that they might still just use CarMax that expires today. I'm tempted to just skip the trade-in all together but I really need to exercise patience.

Just changed to:
"Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery."

The only delay may be Tesla assessing my trade-in. My DS says that they might still just use CarMax that expires today. I'm tempted to just skip the trade-in all together but I really need to exercise patience.

Same here! Tesla was able to match my Carmax offer (much higher than Tesla offered originally). Their third party inspector finally came out to my house yesterday and confirmed the car is in good condition. I believe the final paperwork is happening right now. Crossing my fingers!

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind! Just got an email they are loading it on transport right now!! Which SC are you taking delivery at?

Congrats! I am taking delivery at the North Houston location. I live closer to the Westchase SC, but I am told they teach you about the Superchargers there and do a few other things which aren't possible at Westchase.