Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can definitely fix the hood alignment. Get this fixed before you get XPEL. Also check the rear hatch alignment.
I am addicted to the acceleration! I am very happy with standstill acceleration. I embarrassed a souped up looking Panamara yesterday that I saw racing down westheimer :)

skipping expel since my car is white. Sitting right now getting window tinting. Doing Huper Optik 30%front, 20%rears and back, 90% crystalline on the windshield. They said since the glass is already pre-darkened, it's like getting 25% front, 15% rears.
Was going to go to EVS motor sports for the Spectera Photosync but they couldn't see me today and on top of that they wanted the car all day... :-/ ended up going to executive tint at gessner and westview. $749 total, $499 base + $40 for 20% upgrade. They originally wanted over $300 for the windshield, said no thanks and the manager said he would do it for 200$, said I would pay 100$ and he came back with how about we meet in the middle at $150.
Order a carbon fiber spoiler and should be arriving this week, probably going to go to a wrap place and replace all the chrome with black or carbon fiber.
No one has tried to take me on, yet. I did enjoy autopilot driving me on my morning commute from The Woodlands all the way to Sugar Land

Picking mine up tomorrow PM. 90D Metallic Silver, Grey Seats, Obeche Gloss, Tech, Smart Air, 19" rims, Winter Pack, Premium Sound, Premium Lighting, Vin 18337
What's the discussion regarding picking the grey vs black next gen seats with same model as above and paint? I have teenagers and 19 month old. I felt logic says black seats is better?

Also it is my understanding living in South Florida smart air suspension is not worth it?

Thanks for anyone's feedback asap! Hope to be ordering tomorrow.

What's the discussion regarding picking the grey vs black next gen seats with same model as above and paint? I have teenagers and 19 month old. I felt logic says black seats is better?

Also it is my understanding living in South Florida smart air suspension is not worth it?

Thanks for anyone's feedback asap! Hope to be ordering tomorrow.

Regarding seat color, I would think that the black seats would get pretty hot when parked in the sun. I don't have my car yet, but I chose grey just because I thought that it looked better with the blue body color. I hope that people with experience in your climate might chime in. You might reach a wider audience if you ask your question on the Facebook page.

Regarding air suspension, I was going to configure without it but the guys in the Facebook group convinced me to go for it. Mainly in relation to avoiding damage from steep driveways, less important in my view is driving in snow - I live in the Frozen North but the plough the roads pretty well.

Mike

I live in Florida too and have had dark/light color cars as well as dark/light color seats. If the seat gets direct sunlight which most of the time it won't then yea...black could get a little hotter but not enough to choose a lighter color. I would suggest that you get what you like and don't worry about the rare instances when it could have made a difference. Studies have been done so you can Google the question. Here is a Myth Busters... Silver and white cars are cooler, says study

I live in Florida too and have had dark/light color cars as well as dark/light color seats. If the seat gets direct sunlight which most of the time it won't then yea...black could get a little hotter but not enough to choose a lighter color. I would suggest that you get what you like and don't worry about the rare instances when it could have made a difference. Studies have been done so you can Google the question. Here is a Myth Busters... Silver and white cars are cooler, says study
I'm more concerned about the lighter color getting dirty more and or damage seen more from kids/baby and spills, thrown food etc.? The grey is much more sportier and liked that but have concerns as stated.

Since we really only have curbs here I don't see how it makes sense to get the air suspension.

Thanks

Just picked up my new Model S yesterday - whole process was very quick and easy - got some good swag and I am loving the new car! I'm already used to driving with the regen braking, which I really like, and the auto pilot it such a game changer. Even just the TACC in traffic is great. I got the "slow" Tesla and it is still amazing to have all of that torque available immediately. So much faster than my 2013 Jaguar XF...night and day.

Now I have to take some time to set up all the options. But hey, added benefit: Now sitting in my garage with the car on and garage door down wont kill me! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20151216_102815.jpg
    20151216_102815.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 109
I'm more concerned about the lighter color getting dirty more and or damage seen more from kids/baby and spills, thrown food etc.? The grey is much more sportier and liked that but have concerns as stated.

Since we really only have curbs here I don't see how it makes sense to get the air suspension.

Thanks

I live in central Florida and have black leather seats for the past 12 years. No issue with it being hot because I religiously use a sun deflector in my windshield when it sits outside all day while at work. However, I ordered tan next gen seats in my soon to be delivered Model S. No kids to worry about.

I did not order the suspension due to FL being so flat and using my car mainly for commuting.

I live in central Florida and have black leather seats for the past 12 years. No issue with it being hot because I religiously use a sun deflector in my windshield when it sits outside all day while at work. However, I ordered tan next gen seats in my soon to be delivered Model S. No kids to worry about.

I did not order the suspension due to FL being so flat and using my car mainly for commuting.
So why would someone need suspension in florida?

Just picked up my new Model S yesterday - whole process was very quick and easy - got some good swag and I am loving the new car! I'm already used to driving with the regen braking, which I really like, and the auto pilot it such a game changer. Even just the TACC in traffic is great. I got the "slow" Tesla and it is still amazing to have all of that torque available immediately. So much faster than my 2013 Jaguar XF...night and day.

Now I have to take some time to set up all the options. But hey, added benefit: Now sitting in my garage with the car on and garage door down wont kill me! [emoji3]
Which model ? Color is great. Same what I will order. What seat color?

My DS contacted me yesterday to let me know that my estimated delivery date is December 26th.

Order date: 12/10/15
Confirmation date: 12/10/15
VIN assignment: 12/11/15
Production start date: 12/14/15
Estimated delivery date: 12/26/15

That would mean two weeks and two days from order placement to delivery. Thank you, hard working Tesla elves! :)

I asked my DS this morning about the status of my "In Transit" car.

Got a txt message a few minutes ago from my DS!
"Yo...I got some new for you..."
I then obviously called him and hes going to call me back in 10-15 minutes after he finishes up with a delivery.....

This is cruel and unusual!

My DS contacted me yesterday to let me know that my estimated delivery date is December 26th.

Order date: 12/10/15
Confirmation date: 12/10/15
VIN assignment: 12/11/15
Production start date: 12/14/15
Estimated delivery date: 12/26/15

That would mean two weeks and two days from order placement to delivery. Thank you, hard working Tesla elves! :)

Wow 3 days in production. I'm guessing they are pushing Western deliveries to get delivery. I've been in there for 9 days now.

My 90d has been in production since Nov-24. 10 days ago I got the call from DES saying 24-48 hours. Still in "Factory is building" status. My window has been set 17th -31st for weeks. DES says, don't worry, it will get here (basically he doesn't know). I am beginning to doubt that. If it doesn't get on a truck soon, it is not gonna make out here to EST land <sigh>.

Anyone else seemingly stuck in factory?

My 90d has been in production since Nov-24. 10 days ago I got the call from DES saying 24-48 hours. Still in "Factory is building" status. My window has been set 17th -31st for weeks. DES says, don't worry, it will get here (basically he doesn't know). I am beginning to doubt that. If it doesn't get on a truck soon, it is not gonna make out here to EST land <sigh>.

Anyone else seemingly stuck in factory?

I'm right there with you DCGOO - been there since 11/18. I actually emailed my DS a list of vins that have already been delivered and were confirmed 2 weeks or more after mine - some of those vins are 3,500 higher than mine. I've been assured delivery by year end but I'm on the east coast. Given the holidays I have my doubts. I'm hoping though.