Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woah that's a long time coming. Are you picking up from Fremont?

Come on Socal batch!!! Let today be the day
Yep, pickup in Fremont. It's a special order outside of the norm (Premium Package but zero leather/vegan), which I was originally thinking may slightly affected the delivery date. But it looks like it's going thru along with a bunch of other CA orders and not any later.

Yes - a lot of us had the delivery estimate change unexpectedly on My Tesla and since then, it seems that very few people have been saying "yay, I started production!" I saw maybe 1 or 2 people post pics of their refreshed cars, but the volume has not ramped up.

I'm sitting at June-Early July, was previously Late May-June.

I heard we are all getting new autopilot hardware and 100kwh batteries...

(kidding)
Wonder how many of the delivery estimate changes had to do with the 70/75 battery switch? It seems like those are the ones changing the most. I'm waiting on a 90D and have stayed at June-Early July since I confirmed.

My Fremont DS (Noah) just called me to introduce himself and go over my situation. I want to pick up the car on June 2nd (my birthday) in Fremont. He said the info he has is that production will start late May, that's it. If production starts on Thursday or Friday of next week (5.26/5.27) then I am good to fly up to Fremont on June 2nd to pick up my car. If it doesn't start those specific days then we will have it shipped down to Buena Park after June 6th. They are doing everything to get it into production as soon as possible though.

S75 Black
Confirm: 4/21
VIN: 1407XX

Last edited:
My multicoat Red Devil P90DL Tesla
Ordered 5/6/16
Confirmed 5/13/16 (Friday the 13 :cool:)
My DS says it shows end production line date of 6/6/16 (666 devil car) hopefully the date doesn't change...

Cant wait!! Hoping to take a road trip in it at the end of next month.

Tesla Website lists Late May - June as delivery to me in Los Angeles

Has anyone else noticed that the number of people confirming that their car has started production has virtually stopped? I am wondering if they have shut down the assembly line for some reason and why a lot of us were all pushed by several weeks!

Mine hasn't changes since the order was confirmed at the beginning of this month. Though things may be slipping because they are making changes for the next stage of the refresh. Elon did say a number of changes were coming when someone asked if there were going to be any reveals for the stockholder meeting 5/31.

I placed an order for a Model S 70D on 5/6 and had it confirmed on 5/13. My specs:

VIN: 5YJSA1E21GF1438XX
Solid Black Exterior
Pano Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Textile Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Interior
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades
Subzero Package

My DS is saying it should enter production first week of June and arrive in Chicago (Highland Park) around June 20. Starting the countdown...

My Tesla is now showing June - Early July for delivery. Crossing my fingers for that third week of June.

So this VIN is 1406XX and it was made before all of ours! UGH! i don't get why they made these first and not ours!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.33.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.33.10 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 65
So this VIN is 1406XX and it was made before all of ours! UGH! i don't get why they made these first and not ours!

I think the refreshed cars in the inventory cars are the first round of refresh cars made for the stores. It's possible they have some new tech coming very soon and they are selling the first round of refresh cars to make room for the next round. Maybe there is a dearth of cars going into production this week because they are building new tech cars for the stores.

At least that's my hope since my car is scheduled to go into production next week... :)

I think the refreshed cars in the inventory cars are the first round of refresh cars made for the stores. It's possible they have some new tech coming very soon and they are selling the first round of refresh cars to make room for the next round. Maybe there is a dearth of cars going into production this week because they are building new tech cars for the stores.

At least that's my hope since my car is scheduled to go into production next week... :)

Mines going into production next week too ---- although at 1,000 cars a week out of the facility that'd be a lot of store cars being built this week !!!