Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after 5 emails and no response from my DS I decided to call him and now he is saying estimated production next week. Huge bummer since I've been waiting about 6 weeks and plenty of people have gone in before me, and even bribes were taken as well. I just expected a little bit more information when purchasing a 100k car.
That sucks!! Sorry buddy. Atleast you have somewhat of an idea of when your car may be completed. Previously you were completely in the dark.

My Tesla is now in production according to my 'My Tesla' page. Not even sure when it changed as I never received an email and I've only been looking for changes in the estimated delivery date (since so many were being delayed), not the status of the car. My DS told me on Tuesday that it wasn't slated for production until the 23rd of May, so that means it has entered production two days earlier than estimated.

Model S 70D
Order: 4/21
Confirm: 4/28
Vin: 4/29 - 1418XX
Delivery: Northern Virginia

BigAl, who ordered almost the same day, nearly the same car, and is taking delivery at the same place as I had his delayed. There really seems to be no method to the madness!

Update to this--

Yesterday I confirmed with my DS, since I never received an email, that my Tesla did indeed enter production on Saturday (05/21). Today my estimated delivery date changed from Late-May/June to June 1, 2016 - June 15, 2016. Given the average production time that I'm seeing from other posters (3-4 days), I'm guessing my Model S will finish production today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed for truck delivery!

Reactions: Big-Al
Well after 5 emails and no response from my DS I decided to call him and now he is saying estimated production next week. Huge bummer since I've been waiting about 6 weeks and plenty of people have gone in before me, and even bribes were taken as well. I just expected a little bit more information when purchasing a 100k car.

That's a bummah all around. No one was more excited than you and I would have gladly traded production places with you if I had the chance to progress into the queue.

• Love
Reactions: Jason Shelton
Picked my refreshed S up today. First refresh at out DC area service center.
I did receive Piano black decor.
Here are some photos:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 70
Jason ....my friend. As you know we are just 200 VINs apart and our time is so close. It just over a month since I was confirmed (April 22) and I just re read "what to expect" from the My tesla site. I quote "About five weeks before the factory begins building your Tesla, you’ll be assigned a vehicle identification number (VIN)." So according to that we are on track as next week will be 5 weeks!! It does not explain however why folks who order after us are ahead of us in production. You may miss you B'day ... just .... but not by much. Hope I am wrong.

R

SUCCESS!!!! Well gang. Great news...don't worry too much at all on what your My Tesla says. I just called my DS and she informed me that my S90D just finished testing and is pending shipment to Costa Mesa. My delivery is Saturday. MyTesla never went to "In Production", or any other status. In fact, last night it sent from "Late May/June" to "expected delivery May 28th to June 10th"...which is basically the same thing. So I get a 3 day weekend to play.

Refreshed 90D ordered 3/28 I VIN assigned 4/9 1381xx I Midnight Silver I black next gen I black/black headliner I air suspension I UHFS I premium upgrades I pano I 19" silver cyclone I matte obeche I 48 Amp I AP

Last edited:
Jason ....my friend. As you know we are just 200 VINs apart and our time is so close. It just over a month since I was confirmed (April 22) and I just re read "what to expect" from the My tesla site. I quote "About five weeks before the factory begins building your Tesla, you’ll be assigned a vehicle identification number (VIN)." So according to that we are on track as next week will be 5 weeks!! It does not explain however why folks who order after us are ahead of us in production. You may miss you B'day ... just .... but not by much. Hope I am wrong.

R
Well at the end of the day we all get our cars :) June will be our month!

SUCCESS!!!! Well gang. Great news...don't worry too much at all on what your My Tesla says. I just called my DS and she informed me that my S90D just finished testing and is pending shipment to Costa Mesa. My delivery is Saturday. MyTesla never went to "In Production", or any other status. In fact, last night it sent from "Late May/June" to "expected delivery May 28th to June 10th"...which is basically the same thing. So I get a 3 day weekend to play.

Refreshed 90D ordered 3/28 I VIN assigned 4/9 1381xx I Midnight Silver I black next gen I black/black headliner I air suspension I UHFS I premium upgrades I pano I 19" silver cyclone I matte obeche I 48 Amp I AP
Strange! I wonder why your DS didn't call you when the car went into production.