Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery now!

Here's the new keyfob holder!

Thanks Erik

20160603_144859.jpg

Reactions: bobjustbob
Normally Alliant takes care of everything with Tesla directly from what I have heard. So they might have received your paperwork already.

Ah, perhaps the trucking takes extra time to coordinate? Still surprised to hear they haven't reached out to you by now. Hopefully they can get it to you soon!

Thanks Erik

They called this afternoon.
Scheduled to be on a truck for noon delivery Tuesday.
As an aside, I upgraded to the 75D after confirming. It was all set but I saw another poster did the same and at their factory pickup it was a 70D.
I asked my DS to verify. He called back. It's a 70D. No badge, they said they would try and overnight it so I don't have to return and of course just a flip of the switch to get the extra batteries turned on.
Kinda surprised they are letting something so minor get by them.

Reactions: rcsting
They called this afternoon.
Scheduled to be on a truck for noon delivery Tuesday.
As an aside, I upgraded to the 75D after confirming. It was all set but I saw another poster did the same and at their factory pickup it was a 70D.
I asked my DS to verify. He called back. It's a 70D. No badge, they said they would try and overnight it so I don't have to return and of course just a flip of the switch to get the extra batteries turned on.
Kinda surprised they are letting something so minor get by them.

That was my 70D, I double and triple checked and it was still a 70D at delivery in Fremont. By the time we drove home ( 130 miles ) that had already did an over the air update to the 75D. The only downside is that my SC doesn't have the correct badging and is supposed to call me when they receive it.

They had to print a correct window sticker and mailed it to me.

You mean the sticker that shows options, price, etc?
It is supposed to be on a truck at 10 AM Tuesday. I doubt very seriously they will have a badge by then.
Guess we will have to swing by in a few weeks, kinda a drag cause it's 90 minutes away.
Of course I could wait till the badge arrives but that's crazy talk.

Call from my DS today with news that production should start soon and be done by end next week, with delivery mid to late June. That means truck and not train for NJ. Fyi VIN 141xxx / 90D red.
I spoke to my DS yesterday as well and got the same report. Early June completion for the car as that is the schedule and shipping by truck. He said that he believes that all cars are being shipped by truck and this would make sense if they're trying to rush them in by end of quarter. I'm feeling optimistic (week of June 20th, we should be picking up... hahah).
Our vin numbers are close, I ordered 4/20 and Vin assigned 4/27 - Vin-1417xx - I'll spot you one more number lol...90D Titanium. Let me know if anything changes for you... keeping my eyes peeled... and will let you know if I have any news as well (like in production and what not)

Reactions: vtvox
Just picked up my S75 from the Fremont factory. I walked in and everyone knew it was my birthday. The experience was just unreal! The badge says 70 and the dash says 70... They said an over the air update will come out. My DR lights aren't on. Any ideas??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 79
Atlanta delivery…

75D, VIN 1421xx

In production last Friday, in transit today (7 days later). Seems to take 21 days to get to Atlanta for some reason, still hoping for delivery this month.

Haven't heard a thing from my DS since well before production started. I envy everyone who is getting good info from their DS as things happen. Thank goodness for My Tesla to keep me informed!

Reactions: Mailtrey
Mine came off using the 11/32 socket on the Torx bolts which worked fine so I didnt destroy the license plate frame which is color matched. The double sided tape is insanely strong and took two of us pulling on it until it started to release.

I found one video on YouTube where the owner used a heat gun on the plate to loosen the tape underneath. Has anyone else tried that? We really want to take ours off.

Quick question for Houston (or nearby) Tesla owners - Do the cars ship from the factory to Houston via truck or train, and what was the average time from finished production to delivery?
Sorry in advance if this has already been answered - and thanks so much for your insight !
Can't wait ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: Bonlaw