Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
XM comes with a 3 month trial with any new/used car purchase. They may have a deal with Tesla to extend it, but from my experience 3 months is the minimum.

My DS said no trial period but I called XM to transfer my existing subscription and they added an extra free 3 months. Call XM and cut a trial deal. I love them although I've never used Slacker which many rave as comparable.

My DS said no trial period but I called XM to transfer my existing subscription and they added an extra free 3 months. Call XM and cut a trial deal. I love them although I've never used Slacker which many rave as comparable.

I have XM on my current car, I just wanted to make sure I would have it on the Tesla until I could change over. Can't wait to try Slacker! Thanks for the info, NikeWings and Mr So Chill.

Last edited:

I only have the standard sound system (which sounds pretty good IMO) and I haven't used Slacker extensively yet, but I have tried both Slacker and TuneIn. Between them you get more stuff than you can listen to in a lifetime. I have had some problems with TunIn though. There is no search function in the car app, though you are supposed to be able to create a TuneIn account on another computer, create favorites, then log in on the car and the favorites should be there. I have been unable to log in at all. Apparently this is a bug that dates back at least a year.

Don't know about everyone else but now that I am in production, anyone at my working trying to schedule anything that lasts all day about 16-20 days from now is in serious risk of a "I'm sorry I cannot attend, lets reschedule at a later date"...
I would kill me to have my MS ready to go and I am stuck in some all day meeting while someone blathers on, and I am dreaming about my Model S! :cool:

Wow, my DS just brought non-professionalism to a whole new level. He emailed me yesterday at 9PM stating he is going to call me today to discuss about delivery and final purchase agreement and then he doesn't call. I emailed him asking if the call is still going to happen and got an automated reply stating he is out of the office until Thursday... Really? First it was 100+ hour email turnaround time now it's leaving customer hanging? This has turned from a bad taste in my mouth to a weird sort of amusement.
I think my last three of four posts all have to do with DS being crappy. I don't want to... but my DS just keeps surprise me with his indifference in providing a decent experience.

Am I the only one who's a little nervous about driving the car? I am so paranoid that I am going to do something stupid and wreck this thing that I just spent so much time and money on.
Get over that, it's a car, you waited a long time for it, paid a lot for it, AND IT'S AWESOME. Drive it like you stole it. That's been my motto since I was 17.

I have XM on my current car, I just wanted to make sure I would have it on the Tesla until I could change over. Can't wait to try Slacker! Thanks for the info, NikeWings and Mr So Chill.
I gave up XM and haven't missed it. I set up a Premium account with Slacker, so I can create my own playlists on my tablet and then access then in the car. It's also nice to listen to whatever I feel like by just asking...

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: newtman and LAN1017
Quick question for those recently going into production,...
After production how long from when you got the production email did your estimate window for from the month and a half window 'Late X the Y" to the more specific "between June X to June Y" type window, and at what next milestone did it get even more specific (if the uncertainty reduced even more before you got a specific date)...
Many thanks to all who respond... !!
Mine took about a week to drop to a specific two-week window. Then two days later it dropped again to a one week window.

Reactions: Mailtrey