Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS said no trial period but I called XM to transfer my existing subscription and they added an extra free 3 months. Call XM and cut a trial deal. I love them although I've never used Slacker which many rave as comparable.

NikeWings must be a better negotiator than I am :p. There was no 3 month XM trial with the Tesla (unlike most other cars). I had SiriusXM with my other car, and called XM to transfer the remainder of my subscription over. Not only did they confirm that there was no 3 month trial (to add to my existing subscription), they wanted to charge me $15 to transfer the new radio over to my account. I was finally able to get them to give me a $10 account credit which offset some of the transfer fee. So far, I have been listening to Slacker exclusively and have not had the desire to listen to XM. That will change when football season starts though. I still doubt that I will keep XM when renewal comes up next year.

HELP!!

anyone knows where I can get my front plate bracket removed?? I live in Orange County California.
It's super easy to remove yourself. Just take out the 3 Phillips screws on the front, gently bend down the body colored surround until it pops off of the security screws under the bumper, then heat up the front plate and use fishing line or dental floss to help separate the 3m tape that holds it on. Pulling with some force will release, and any remaining tape can be rolled off with your fingers. A little denatured alcohol will remove any residue.

You can try removing the bottom 2 screws with a $10 Gator Grip if you don't want to pry the frame off...

HELP!!

anyone knows where I can get my front plate bracket removed?? I live in Orange County California.

What Btrflyl8e said above. It is not very difficult. I had right-angle needle nose pliers, so I was able to remove the security screws without destroying the plate holder. We California folks might get a fixit ticket for no front plate, and I can put it back on temporarily if needed.

What Btrflyl8e said above. It is not very difficult. I had right-angle needle nose pliers, so I was able to remove the security screws without destroying the plate holder. We California folks might get a fixit ticket for no front plate, and I can put it back on temporarily if needed.
You can put it on temporarily with just 3m tape, no need for the frame. It's just for looks. ;)

Quick question for those recently going into production,...
After production how long from when you got the production email did your estimate window for from the month and a half window 'Late X the Y" to the more specific "between June X to June Y" type window, and at what next milestone did it get even more specific (if the uncertainty reduced even more before you got a specific date)...
Many thanks to all who respond... !!

The web site window still hasn't changed for me. Still says "June - Early July" . I got a call from my DS, saying that we should pick a delivery date. I am picking up from the factory and I'm about an hour away, so it's easy for me.

Reactions: Mailtrey
My last post on this thread! My delivery was last Friday.
Here is a picture of my S with the new aftermarket wheels from Tirerack.
For reference, my car has standard coil suspension.

Attachments

• 20160615_200854.jpg
    20160615_200854.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20160615_201056.jpg
    20160615_201056.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 82
NikeWings must be a better negotiator than I am :p. There was no 3 month XM trial with the Tesla (unlike most other cars). I had SiriusXM with my other car, and called XM to transfer the remainder of my subscription over. Not only did they confirm that there was no 3 month trial (to add to my existing subscription), they wanted to charge me $15 to transfer the new radio over to my account. I was finally able to get them to give me a $10 account credit which offset some of the transfer fee. So far, I have been listening to Slacker exclusively and have not had the desire to listen to XM. That will change when football season starts though. I still doubt that I will keep XM when renewal comes up next year.

That's lousy servivce and foolish of them too! 10 bucks is better than no bucks but I would have told them to keep it all and kill my subscription while they were at it.. Then probably called back to get someone different on the line. LOL

GO PATS!!!!!!!

Reactions: LAN1017
Those
those are sweet

It's super easy to remove yourself. Just take out the 3 Phillips screws on the front, gently bend down the body colored surround until it pops off of the security screws under the bumper, then heat up the front plate and use fishing line or dental floss to help separate the 3m tape that holds it on. Pulling with some force will release, and any remaining tape can be rolled off with your fingers. A little denatured alcohol will remove any residue.

You can try removing the bottom 2 screws with a $10 Gator Grip if you don't want to pry the frame off...

thanks for the input, I'm not really a handy man.. I don't even own a pair of pliers hehe.. but I'll try and see, hopefully I don't get to remove the whole bumper lol