Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited! Ordered 5/14/16, Confirmed 5/21/16 - Taking delivery tomorrow 6/17/16. Model S - 70 - VIN 1439xx - Black

Now the hard part, figuring out what level tint? Powder Coat Chrome Rims Black? Wrap them black? Where should I accent it in carbon fiber? What kind of body protection should I use? So many decisions. So much research to do on this forum.

My DS just informed me that my car is built and scheduled delivery in Portland on 6/22.
My delivery page still says "Your Tesla is in production."
I was surprised at how quickly it went. Looks like three weeks from first order to delivery.
Looking forward to some road trips to break it in!

Ordering a car for US delivery early in the last month of a quarter (especially west coast) often yields the shortest order to delivery times. They really crank up the factory the last month of a quarter.

Ordering a car for US delivery early in the last month of a quarter (especially west coast) often yields the shortest order to delivery times. They really crank up the factory the last month of a quarter.
That's an excellent point. If I were tesla and I wanted to maximize my quarterly revenue, I'd be working my way from east to west to maximize the deliveries before the rev rec cutoff. Given I'm scheduled for a June or early July delivery at the factory, I think my odds of being an owner this month are high.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
When you get there to pick up the car, look around, you will likely see Model S and X everywhere. It's like they are stuffing them into every corner. It reminded me of going to the Boeing Everett plant when the FAA had decertified the navigation computer and grounded all 747-400s pending an updated unit. Boeing kept cranking out the planes, they just couldn't fly them. They had 747s crammed into every space they could find around the plant and adjoining Paine Field. (The problem was resolved about a week later and they were able to install the update and get the planes out of there.)

I think I saw about 20-25 cars with the transport paper still on them.

My SO thought it would be a good idea for Tesla to create a little stop along the bike path with a water fountain and maybe a bench. If bike riders stopped for a bit, they might be inclined to take a moment and drop in at the Tesla store.

Hi there,

Took delivery today and yes, there were cars everywhere, crammed into the building and all over the parking lot. My DS said they were each delivering 7-9 cars per days. Not bad Tesla! And that's just here in little old Portland

They did a fantastic job. The DS was very nice and he really took the time to cover as much as we needed/wanted.

Doing the waterfront restoration is good for business and your SO has the right idea about a little rest-stop Infront of the new show room. Perhaps you could suggest it to them. After all, Teslas marketing is by word of mouth and a bit of good will for the community goes a long way.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Rhyder and rcsting
Hi there,

Took delivery today and yes, there were cars everywhere, crammed into the building and all over the parking lot. My DS said they were each delivering 7-9 cars per days. Not bad Tesla! And that's just here in little old Portland

They did a fantastic job. The DS was very nice and he really took the time to cover as much as we needed/wanted.

Doing the waterfront restoration is good for business and your SO has the right idea about a little rest-stop Infront of the new show room. Perhaps you could suggest it to them. After all, Teslas marketing is by word of mouth and a bit of good will for the community goes a long way.

I don't recall if it was Alex or Kyle who said they would contact me in a couple of weeks, I'll probably mention that to them then. Portland is the sort of city where a lot of people bike for environmental reasons as well as exercise, so an environmentally friendly car company is already something they would be predisposed to like, a little extra kindness might tip a few into buying.

I don't know who you talked to, Alex was my DS, but he handed me off to Kyle for the delivery. Kyle was very knowledgeable and helpful with our questions. Despite being busier than a one armed paper hanger the staff at the Portland service center are all good people to deal with.

I also learned a thing or two while I was waiting for them to deal with the paint spots under the hood. There was a book sitting in the waiting area on Ansel Adams who was always an inspiration for my father (who was also a photographer) and my father's art pictures while in color are the same sort of subjects Adams did. I started reading the book while I was waiting and it turned out Adams started teaching at Art Center School of Design the same year my father started (1940). I asked my father and he said Adams taught there one semester and was the department head and a professor. He'd never mentioned it, even though he's talked quite a bit about the school and that time of his life (he had to suspend his education to go into the military for WW II).

Your car looks good! Looks like yours was in the other side of the storage locker from mine. :)

Heck the updates are happening almost daily now - just checked and my new delivery window is: June 23, 2016 - June 30, 2016
My DS waiting for transport - minimum 72 hrs travel, min 72 'make ready' at the Tesla Gallery - which puts it at the 23rd -
SO excited I am going nuts ;)
Mailtrey, looks like ours will be together on the truck. I got my CA registration stuff via FedEx on Thursday morning and swung by FedEx to send back the paperwork when I got home.
[

Reactions: LAN1017