Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mailtrey, looks like ours will be together on the truck. I got my CA registration stuff via FedEx on Thursday morning and swung by FedEx to send back the paperwork when I got home.
[
Ishop - head scratching here again,.. Nothing yet from FedEx and my DS hasn't mentioned anything to me about CA registration - can you enlighten me so that I can follow up with my DS...
A bit frustrating to learn most of the details about what to expect from the forumso_O
But I deeply appreciate the insight ;)

Ishop - head scratching here again,.. Nothing yet from FedEx and my DS hasn't mentioned anything to me about CA registration - can you enlighten me so that I can follow up with my DS...
A bit frustrating to learn most of the details about what to expect from the forumso_O

I got my CA registration packet the same day my car arrived in Houston, which was this past Tuesday. I also mailed it back the same day. They suggest you purchase a TX temp tag for $25, which makes EZ pass easier, as well as if you get pulled over. I got mine yesterday at TEXAS TEMP TAG LINK. After you purchase, you can print your temp plate and just bring it with you to your delivery appt.

Reactions: Mailtrey
For those waiting on midnight silver, enjoy! Just washed it for the first time...is it possible it could be shinier than water?

Attachments

• 20160617_080512.jpg
    20160617_080512.jpg
    802.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160617_080042.jpg
    20160617_080042.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20160617_080012.jpg
    20160617_080012.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20160617_075938.jpg
    20160617_075938.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 93
Mailtrey, The DS didn't mention the CA registration very specifically. It's pretty easy--you'll get a temporary CA tag and there are documents you need to sign. Don't worry--they're clearly marked with flags (even different colors depending on who had to sign).
I got my CA registration packet the same day my car arrived in Houston, which was this past Tuesday. I also mailed it back the same day. They suggest you purchase a TX temp tag for $25, which makes EZ pass easier, as well as if you get pulled over. I got mine yesterday at TEXAS TEMP TAG LINK. After you purchase, you can print your temp plate and just bring it with you to your delivery appt.
Thanks for the tip LAN1017 on the temp TX tag. I guess it's ideal to do it right before going to pick the car up? I was wondering how I would affix the CA tag if I was going to get the back glass tinted--wondered how I'd get it to stick back.

I actually have a Texas Tag (not EZ) and I know you can't get one without a license plate number. How'd you discover this helpful hint?

Some of these "tips" should really be on the Texas forums.

Reactions: Mailtrey
In any case, I can't be more than a couple of weeks away, so I've waited more than 2 months so far, so what's 2 weeks... 3 weeks after I was confirmed, I had to send an E-mail to introduce myself, that should have been his part to begin with - I feel; now I get that they're busy and volume will only increase for Tesla. It may not be totally his fault, but they'll have to re-calibrate... They've done an amazing job with one factory - I think... I hate to speculate on anything with any company, especially Tesla, because everyone speculates on orders and processes, but it's almost like a black hole in there, no one really knows what's truly going on. At the end of the day every order is fulfilled 2 ~ 3 months down the line and I guess all is forgotten afterwards and buyers move on.
It's the end of the quarter and they're pushing more and more through, so their guys are exhausted... I'm sure in a couple of weeks you won't hear a peep out of me and just like everyone else, I'll probably say it was worth the wait... I suppose it could have been worse, where you'd be told it'll take 2 to 3 months and not hear anything until a few days of pickup time; great forum, lots of support and that helps with the wait for sure.... Good luck at pickup at 3pm and Congrats!
Pickup was great. Staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. In total I dealt with 4 different people and all were excellent. Love the car and the Paramus staff. If you are close to Paramus, drop by and introduce yourself to your DS. I guarantee you will have a quite different opinion.

Thanks for the tip LAN1017 on the temp TX tag. I guess it's ideal to do it right before going to pick the car up? I was wondering how I would affix the CA tag if I was going to get the back glass tinted--wondered how I'd get it to stick back.

I actually have a Texas Tag (not EZ) and I know you can't get one without a license plate number. How'd you discover this helpful hint?

Some of these "tips" should really be on the Texas forums.

If you get the tx temp then you won't need the CA one. After you get tx temp then you can go into EZ pass account and add the temp license to your account. I think also applies to Texas tag.

And here I am, still waiting. Delivery today was delayed, car is still in Alabama (since last week). I give up...
Ok, I take it back. This is the first time my DS actually stepped up.
He told me yesterday that the car is still in Alabama since last week Friday and will be loaded on the truck last night, even though he prioritized my car to be the first one to be moved on the truck and send down. (Surprise! Another ball dropped on my order).
He came through today, delivery is at 5pm! Whoop whoop!

Wow, my DS just brought non-professionalism to a whole new level. He emailed me yesterday at 9PM stating he is going to call me today to discuss about delivery and final purchase agreement and then he doesn't call. I emailed him asking if the call is still going to happen and got an automated reply stating he is out of the office until Thursday... Really? First it was 100+ hour email turnaround time now it's leaving customer hanging? This has turned from a bad taste in my mouth to a weird sort of amusement.
I think my last three of four posts all have to do with DS being crappy. I don't want to... but my DS just keeps surprise me with his indifference in providing a decent experience.

Please call and ask for a new DS or complain. I hate doing it but it is necessary to improve performance.

Everyone who has said that "once you go into production things move quick",.. Is absolutely correct..
DS Just locked in Saturday June 25th as the pickup date (Tesla North Houston).!!! :cool:
I went into production Monday June 13th. Not bad --12 days from production start to delivery to customer in Houston Tx.
(;) They really want to move allot of cars before the end of the month )

Pickup was great. Staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. In total I dealt with 4 different people and all were excellent. Love the car and the Paramus staff. If you are close to Paramus, drop by and introduce yourself to your DS. I guarantee you will have a quite different opinion.
Hbear4 - Awesome news... I do have an office near Paramus, maybe next week I'll stop by to take a peak. My car has been in Transit since Saturday 6/11, delivery estimate is 6/20-6/27 (on Tesla page)... traveling by truck I should not be too far away from picking this sucker up..
I'm really glad to hear that you had a nice experience with your pickup.. Congrats!!!. I'm sure you're right that I'd get a different opinion if I stop by... the forum has definitely been informative and it's really nice to have the support of future Tesla owners... Haven't talked to DS, figured I'd reach out by Wednesday 6/22 if I don't hear anything.
Now did you get to pick up your car within the week of the delivery estimate or afterwards? How long did it take your car through transit?

Congrats and good luck with everything Hbear4!!!

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the license plate looks in the front. I feel that the front looks a bit empty without. I had a Maserati and I did not have the plates because it would cover the crown, and that sucks a little, but the plates on the Model S look like it adds a little to the car. I don't particularly like the front plates, now Jersey requires both plates, but I've never gotten into any trouble in the Maserati for not having both... I guess I'll decide when I get mine... It's all a matter of opinion and preference so no ideal answer for this one...